Author Topic: Important message for all current and future members  (Read 34085 times)

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
Re: Important message for all current and future members
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2010, 02:59:12 pm »
I get to Toronto several times a month. I am retired. So far this month I have been there 3 times. Been to Guelph and Toronto about 7 or 8 times last month. I can get to Guelph and back and still have a 1/4 tank of gas left in the tank of the "BEE." And that is at 120+ kph with the a/c on! (went through a radar trap at hwy 40 too. He didn't even look up.) I usually keep the speed down to about 115 kph though. Anyways, I would be glad to meet anybody for dinner in Toronto. Just say when.
Superbee964Dave C

ps.
We could use a little police smiley face here. I could have one chasing the words across the screen.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:20:16 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

Offline Chong

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »
Good one Vincenzo ... hahahahahaha ... perfect co-ordination & timing.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2010, 01:13:43 am »
Ok Vince, How did you get the car picture in the post message? Click on the insert picture button? How do you tell it which picture to insert?

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2010, 01:28:33 am »
I left the link to the page that has many smileys. Next to each is a link address you copy and paste here with the marquee. YOu can put any photo in there. You just have to have it somewhere on the web and use the address (link). I have some in here I use sometimes.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2010, 01:34:21 am »
Ahhhh, I see how it is done now. Thanks.

Dave C

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 04:01:00 am »
Due to some personal issues, Ted is no longer a mod.  This was a decision that I made, in an effort to keep this forum running in a consistent manner.  Ted has done a fantastic job as a moderator on the site, and I certainly hope he will continue to post on this site.  There is no plan at this time to replace him, although if that changes, I will advise that here.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 08:57:55 pm »
I did not know where to put this, so I am going to write this here.  The point of this web page/forum, is to help out guys who are interested in marrying a Chinese woman.  Whether that help is in the form of helping them meet that special someone, to helping with the visa application, or anything in between, that is our purpose.  Some guys have done this journey from start to finish, while others are only starting out.  Some have been here for awhile, and for various reasons, have yet to make the journey.  Basically, we are all in different places in the journey at different times.

The point of this post, is that I have been made aware of a member being given a hard time, because he has chosen not to go to China as fast as others have gone.  Frankly, if I, or others have not gone over to China, its none of your fu***en business!  This is their journey to take, and not yours.  Whether someone goes after only a few letters, or chooses to take their time, and go at a later date, this journey is up to each individual.

If you are having difficulty accepting this, please feel free to quit.  Bottom line.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:14:21 pm by Martin »

Offline David S

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 01:36:34 am »
Just a question.  Not that this is a topic I expect to run aground on.  But say someone has a bad day, or week, or whatever.  Their level goes to a certain point.  Does this level go back up after it's dipped down.  Lets say someone gets to -5, because they hit a rough patch.  Do points drop off over time.  Like say one point a month?   Kind of like with the Drivers License here in the US.  You get a speeding ticket and you get ooooh say -3 points, then over time, with no violations (I think it's a year) a point drops off.  If you go a second year with no violations another point drops off.)  So in the case of the drivers license you can be back to a zero balance in there years.

Have the mods considered if this type of system might be in play? 

just askin'

8)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:52 pm »
There are two systems in place...one is the reputation, and the other is the user warning.  The reputation is added or subtracted by members giving you a rating.  This rating does not change with time...only by members giving you a point, whether positive or negative.

The user warning is a tool for the mods.  If someone is having a bad day, and gets warnings from the mods, then it does recover itself after a few days.  I will be honest though, rarely is a member given a warning.

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2011, 08:14:05 pm »
I recently noticed that I have a " -1 " on my reputation.  I'd like to find out what this is for,  did I break a rule or something, did I offend someone, how can I apologize for writing something offensive to someone if that's what happened. I don't know what I did wrong or what I did to someone so please , I need to make things right here so please help me do this. I never meant to offend anyone or break any rule on this website. I always want to do the right things and always be honest with everyone. 
Thank you for your help. 
Wilfred Motosue

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »
Wilfred,

To be honest, I would ignore the reputation.  It really has no standing in our group here.  If you contribute positively, then you have nothing to be worried about.  There are some people who just target people who actually care about their "reputation" score.  I remember there was one user here (who shall remain nameless) who I often chewed out because he often bashed chinese people just because he wouldn't listen to our input and got taken advantage of (and that automatically made all chinese evil).  He gave myself and some other people negative reputation scores.  We ignored him and obviously you can see our scores eventually repaired itself.

If you are a help make this place a better place, then the people who read the articles and posts will ignore the negative reputation.  And eventually it'll improve.  Don't worry about it.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Wilfred Motosue

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2011, 10:03:11 pm »
Thanks for the information and advice.

If someone has a problem with my post , I wish they would write to me so perhaps I can explain myself and apologize for offending that person.  Many times we get upset because of a misunderstanding by either parties. We should be able to be able to discuss things and communicate with each other in an open manner, I believe.

Thanks for your speedy response too. Wow.

The very best wishes and much happiness everyday to all of our relationships with our loved ones that we are married to or attached with but not married yet.
Wilfred

Offline shaun

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2011, 10:19:08 pm »
Wilfred,  I don't think anyone has a problem with your input.  It has always been positive that I have seen.  I'll give you one just for that.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 12:46:23 am »
Wilfred...

Like the others said to you, someone clicked on the negative reputation.  Possibly you wrote something that someone else did not agree with.  Unfortunately, with the current system, there is no way to know who clicked it, or why.  Because of that, I wouldn't give it another thought.  The reputation has nothing to do with breaking forum rules.  We don't use that method to let someone know...and if there was an issue, it would be addressed by PM, and not giving you a negative reputation.  Please, just ignore it, if the person who clicked it didn't let you know why they did this.  The reputation really has no meaning.