Author Topic: Important message for all current and future members  (Read 33579 times)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
RE: Important message for all current and future members
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 08:12:49 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='12069' dateline='1249964465'

No actually all online computers have a IP. There's a lot number assigned to your service provider and one of those numbers becomes yours. Just like a phone number. Even if you go to a WiFi (Starbucks etc) your number comes up so this is who they charge for the air use. The ones sitting outside libraries have IP numbers too. It's just stolen so not traceable to them. But if it was banned they have to steal another. Moving or using a different service changes the IP. Bouncing is another but your paying several services for this in several countries, a scammers favorite.

Vince

Thinking ahead to when I go to meet Ming in Feb...

I now use my home computer (fixed) for the Forum. When i go to China I will use my laptop and hook into the Hotel internet.

Will I be a ble to log in here with a different computer...because I might need some help/advice/bragging space:icon_cheesygrin: during my visit

Please excuse if this is a dumb question....my computer literacy is pretty basic !!

DavidE

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 08:14:42 pm »
David E: yes!

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 09:20:59 pm »
Yeah David, I logged in from China while at the hotel in August.  It's fine.  I had to remember my password though, which was difficult since it keeps me logged in all the time here.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 11:02:15 pm »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='25735' dateline='1261016459'

Yeah David, I logged in from China while at the hotel in August.  It's fine.  I had to remember my password though, which was difficult since it keeps me logged in all the time here.

I thought everbody used the same password "Dumplings"

Ya Neil I had the same problem when last over. But now my wife's laptop has it saved and she even once posted here under my name. She also saw a picture she didn't like that I posted and asked me to remove it. Oh the joys of being married.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 11:03:25 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 12:04:35 am »
I could access this group from Guangzhou, but not from Zixing in Hunan province.

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 10:08:20 pm »
i have had no problems logging on here in china at different places

shaun

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009, 07:49:50 am »
Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!   I'm trying to get all of my passwords changed. :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 07:50:09 am by shaun »

brett

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 08:55:18 am »
I could log into here in Hubei Provice (obviously). The official site is different if you visit from China, that threw me for a few minutes.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 02:35:45 am »
I would like to announce that we have added a new Mod for this group.  ttwjr32 was asked if he wanted to be a mod, and he has accepted.  So lets go easy on him, while he figures out his new role here.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:47 am »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='33022' dateline='1267601745'

I would like to announce that we have added a new Mod for this group.  ttwjr32 was asked if he wanted to be a mod, and he has accepted.  So lets go easy on him, while he figures out his new role here.

Oh my God - (Sorry is that classed as religeous or what.)   Figure out his new role? - does he even know he is in China?
Ted now a mod.  It like suggesting that Mao should be Pope.  I had no idea how low this group has sunk LOL :icon_cheesygrin:.   (How many points so far- lets see....)

Ok a few more to go.  As he is my son am I allowed to say that I will come over to GZ and give him a good thrashing if he gets his spelling wrong. (Must be half way now up the points ladder now).

Seriously - cannot think of a better man for the job.  He must have met more brothers than any other.  He  has hidden depths - Well they are there somewhere under that 215 lbs (your kidding Ted or are they US pounds?)

He should be Brotherhood Ambassador in China - OR BACman for short.  

He has made some good contacts in GZ.  Good on yer Cobber.  Good for you mate. Well done Old Chap. Proud of yer Son.  Perhaps I am speaking for us all here.

Willy

You vote me to be banned and I'll tell Sisi on you!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 04:30:32 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

shaun

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 04:43:12 am »
Congratz Ted.  You're a good man and deserving.

First order of business might be helping Willy get all his eggs in one basket. :icon_cheesygrin:

brett

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2010, 08:10:25 am »
Well done Ted.

Second order of business - find me a new lady. She must like wearing long knee socks, t shirts with bears on and eating at McDonalds. She must not have a sick mother or like shopping in boutiques :icon_cheesygrin:.

Vince G

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2010, 08:14:10 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='33045' dateline='1267621825'

Well done Ted.

find me a new lady. She must like wearing long knee socks, t shirts with bears on and eating at McDonalds.

Brett, With this description? at least a quarter of any photos on the web, you can find her? :s

ttwjr32

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2010, 11:09:52 am »
Hey Brett,
I see those ladies all the time here in GZ. They sweep up along the roads. lol
All kidding aside just come to Guangzhou for about 4 or 6 weeks and i will get
you married.

Shaun,

I have been working on Willy for almost a year now since i met him and its just
like me learning mandarin   he is just not getting it. but everyone keep in mind
Highlander has been around for several centuries so we need to respect that lol lol

Willy,

Sisi will not believe you as i have here believing your senile   hahahahaha

Anyway thanks for the nice words and tomorrow i will have dinner with
Irishman and his lovely lady and will post some pics. It takes me a little time
photo shop mine to make me look fat but i will get them posted.

Ted (BAC )

brett

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 02:59:20 pm »
Do you have those tough Hakka women in GZ? When I was in Hong Kong I was astounded by this road repair bloke carrying a huge paving slab down the road, then I realised it was a woman :icon_cheesygrin:!

But yes, if you know of any cuties in the 28-32 age bracket (er, 21-32 would also be OK) then send me their QQ details. I think moving to your neck of the woods is feasible for me in a year or two. The motherland is nearly bankrupt so it would be good to get out. I know it gets hot there but I honestly felt 10 years younger in Hong Kong :icon_cool:.