Author Topic: Chinese children in a summer camp tested DNA  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
Chinese children in a summer camp tested DNA
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:02:00 am »
Chinese children in a summer camp tested DNA

The aim of the camp is to determine the "natural talent" for children after genetic testing, physical, IQ, memory, etc..
Scientists then draw up the strengths and weaknesses of toddlers to foresee their future careers.

In China, a summer camp proposes to determine the future of thirty children from 3 to 12 by using genetic tests, says CNN, Wednesday August 5
For $ 880, parents can enroll their children at the Palais des Chongqing children where they will undergo five days of DNA testing.
The objective is to determine the skills, "natural talent" for kids to outline a project targeted for the future.
The experts from the camp also testing children on their IQ, their "emotional control", their memory, their physical abilities, etc..
All data collected are then analyzed to identify strengths and weaknesses of children.
"Today, competition in the world is to find one who has the best talent," says Zhao Mingyou, director of the camp.
"We can give children a Chinese scientific effective from an early age."

"Identifying the natural talents"
In fact, if your child will never exceed the 1m80, no need to register to play basketball.
Ditto if he does not have an ear for music, why ruin being solfeggio.
For the Chinese scientists, is the first time that such a test is available to families.DNA tests were hitherto reserved for the detection of serious diseases. After a simple sample of saliva, scientists determine the characteristics brought by the child to help them "identify their natural talents."
According to clinical psychologist Rob Blinn, quoted by CNN, "you will not be able to predict whether someone will be the future Einstein. These tests are fair to say that this person could have an IQ of 5 to 10 points above another because of the absence or presence of certain genes.
Anyway, the results can not be "dramatic," concluded he.

"Children do not need to find a purpose in life"
A CNN report on the camp
Questioned in the open test, Dr. Huang explains that the child is studying it is very sensible and has excellent ability to concentrate, so I think that it will enter into management. "
"It is better to develop his talents as soon as possible," said Chen Zhongyan, a girl of 4 years of the Palace of children Chongqing.
"This program allows you to really understand her children, before the father.
However, critics of the first amount already against the establishment."Children, especially when they are young, need to have fun, they do not need to find purpose in their lives," says Dr. Blinn."I have real doubts whether it is in the interest of the child," he adds."It seems that this self in the interest of parents."

The Chinese government Eye on DNA

But this new kind of summer camp may well have a great success because of the anxiety of Chinese parents towards their only child.
"In China, it is very different from Western countries," says Yang Yangqing, technical director of the laboratory."There is only one child in your family becoming more and more parents focus on their education and they want to give the best possible."
The Chinese government is also interested in the detection of future talent for them to begin their careers as soon as possible and represent China in international markets. Already the future gymnasts, musicians and basketball players are recruited at an early age to be placed in camps and rigorous training in special schools.
And the government is never far away. Insistent rumors have Yao Ming, the basketball hero, as the fruit of the union of an arranged marriage between two great basketball players in the hope of a world-class athlete.  Was achieved but a version contradicted by Yao Ming himself.

Source : http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualites/societe/20090806.OBS6654/les_enfants_chinois_dune_colonie_de_vacances_soumis_a_d.html
- Let's Rock -

David5o

RE: Chinese children in a summer camp tested DNA
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:09:49 am »
Sly,

Anything there about Chinese ladies, and how best to catch one??

David .......

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:18:59 am »
Well.
I remember there was a topic where man (could?) put any news...
Anyway my thread is in newbies section..
So, man can also delete it if really useless
- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:38:23 am »
It is done to see what are their strong points and place them on that path. If they are altering the DNA then that's another issue.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:42:58 am »
If they find those that 'DO NOT' measure up, what will the parents do with them?:blush:

Vince G

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:03 pm »
No Mike it is not quite like that. You may exceed in sports with the hard practice and all but they know the one tested will.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:01:29 pm »
Rob I am sure I don't know but my guess would be that they would put them in the shorter program :s

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='11475' dateline='1249656178'

If they find those that 'DO NOT' measure up, what will the parents do with them?:blush:

I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. :blush:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 04:04:42 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:14:56 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='11432' dateline='1249643389'

Sly,

Anything there about Chinese ladies, and how best to catch one??

David .......

Your likely to catch one if Lucy reads this forum David!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 04:23:00 pm »
Quote from: 'Michael L. Maines' pid='11534' dateline='1249675289'

Rob I am sure I don't know but my guess would be that they would put them in the shorter program :s

Does that mean they go to school in the mini-mini bus?

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:10:57 pm »
I think I'm going to have to agree with Mike O.What happend to free will.

On another note I think the Russians tried this back in the seventies and the eighties.They wern't doing it with DNA testing then but some kind of test where as a kid you tried everything.And what ever you showed the most aptitude about that is what they made you do.They had limited succes if I remember corectly.

For just the reasons Mike O said free will.Just because your good at something doesn't mean you want to do it.For the rest of your life.

Rob If the child doesn't measure up.It can be pretty rough for the kids.They will give you extra classes extra work untill you get it.

It is nothing like Japan used to be if you were a student and you didn't measure up.Alot of these students were jumping off buildings.Because they shamed there selfs and they shamed there families.It got so bad in Japan that the goverment had to step in and tell theese parents.To stop pushng the Kids so hard.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:24:06 pm by maxx »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 07:30:25 am »
I was always 'TOLD' if someone is good at something nourish it, but this is not morally right in my eyes, everyone should be treated equal...

Going to go on a rant now!!!!
When I was younger I was good at football, got trials for a Glasgow Celtic FC, anyway my school wouldn't let me into their team because of my height, they were 'scared' in case I got hurt, so they put me into the Chess club??? Point is I played for the school and county at that, but that was not what I wanted to do.  Everything I have achieved since leaving school ( and I have achieved a LOT), has been done because of NOT being allowed into the team, it wasn't a case of nourishing me it was through total hard work, dedication to whatever was put in front of me, and also downright stubborness on my part, to show people that little guys can do as much as Big guy's and sometimes even better.:-/

it's the same scenario with the richer kids go to school and the underprivaledged kids who attend the same place, they get treated differently, this is what divides the population of possibly every country in the world, and morally it's not right!!!!:huh:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:31:34 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 10:35:36 pm »
I can see this in the eyes of single children families.  But what about exposing the children to many different activities.  Yes the child may not be an athlete, but they might understand the game better than than the athlete.  They could be the next John Wooden.  This goes with everything.  mant different activities molds a child into what they become.  This goes along with free will.  I do not disagree with testing a child to see what he is better at.  but you have to immerse that child into other things as well.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 11:14:09 pm »
As my DNA proof 's, I was best at " WAITING " :icon_cheesygrin:and being stuck at a Forum .
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:14:39 pm by Arnold »

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 11:59:52 pm »
Josh your more in the ball field. These children would be most likely going into fields anyway. The parents or at least one would be athletic and the child would follow.