Author Topic: Anyone have any success at getting off of EMF's early on?  (Read 5725 times)

Offline Danny

RE: Anyone have any success at getting off of EMF's early on?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 08:09:48 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='2634' dateline='1242099139'

She sells makeup and sales are slow. I asked if it was a known name like Avon or Mary Kay but she said no just cheap makeup? She doesn't have A/C at her home she said it's to expensive to have. (Electric bill?) She probably can't afford a computer and this the reason she doesn't have one. And her cell is just a phone, no voicemail or texting so it's prob. just basic service. So how she does it I don't know but to pay the agency such a large amount? She never asked me for a penny or yuan whatever. She seems to want to make her own money to pay what is owed to the agency, didn't suggest I pay it and wants to work as soon as possible when she comes here.

It makes me real sad when I read stuff like this.

I really hope it works out for her.

Sometimes when I read posts like this it helps me get a sense of perspective.

Comparatively speaking, it's not really such a big deal if most of us western men get scammed. The money I spend here is pretty much just loose change for me. But for some of these women, they've spent what for them is just a fortune. Spending all that money in the hope of meeting a good man, and starting a good life, and then being ripped off by an agency, now that is a real tragedy.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:11:42 am by Danny »

Vince G

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 08:37:22 am »
On the phone it was hard to understand what she was asking to what she was telling me. She hasn't learned the question form. So I think she asked if I pay for the letters? I said yes I pay for the letters to her and from her. Then she went on with the what she pays the agency which was hard to understand because she was translating it into US dollars. and she had the numbers right but I couldn't understand what payment when. She must have gotten my email about this which is why she brought it up on the phone. So the next day I got an email of the contract.

Through it all I have to say we were lucky in many ways. We met, we understand each other and we had no problems getting around the contacting outside the EMF and Chnlove. But like I said back on the Facebook trend. No freakin way she's paying them that much. They're not ripping off my lady.

Arnold

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 08:58:59 am »
Thanks Vince , got it .
I was not thinking of them Posting any of them , I knew they wont , just to give them something to think about .

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='2672' dateline='1242131842'

Through it all I have to say we were lucky in many ways. We met, we understand each other and we had no problems getting around the contacting outside the EMF and Chnlove. But like I said back on the Facebook trend. No freakin way she's paying them that much. They're not ripping off my lady.

My only concern with not paying them is that would that bill then go to her parents?  That would be a great way to lose face with her parents.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »
Quote from: 'Nick L' pid='2632' dateline='1242095850'

From the website of my lady's agency, she must pay in full BEFORE I come to visit.  If it doesn't work out she is refunded most of the money.  I think the idea there is to not force the westerner to pay and to make sure the agency receives its payment.

Hi Nick L
How can they stop you going to China and meeting her?  Unless that is all your contact has been by EMF.    I have my lady's address, her telephone number, her work address and even her mothers address.  And yes I have even said hello to her Mom on the phone.  
Willy the Londoner
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 10:47:43 pm »
My lady paid a large fee before the agency would allow her to correspond with gentlemen outside of the EMF service.  The agency owned her email box.  Whenever she mentioned this or anything about fees in her EMF's the agency edited that material out of her EMF's.  She would try to tell the people she was writing to that she was not allowed to communicate outside of the EMF service until she paid off her contract but even that was edited out of her letters.  Several people she was writng to got very frustrated because they thought she was avoiding communication outside of the EMF service.  She is a University level English teacher and does not need the translator service at all.  It was just the agency preventing her from communicating outside of EMF's until her contract was paid in full.  She had a pay up front contract that she has paid in full and does not have to pay a successful marriage fee.  We stopped using her agency for anything after our first exchanged letter.  Also while having to use the EMF service the agency would still add to her letters to try and "help" the relationship along.  She would notice that the man would respond with statements like "I love you too!"  So she asked the translator about it.  The translator was adding in the romantic lines to further the relationship.  She was upset because she did not feel this way toward the people the letters were sent too.  It was then she decided to pay off the contract as quickly as possible.  I know this same practice was done by the translators for the first two women I wrote too before Anna.  I could also tell when the translator stopped doing this and the ladies started writing their letters more independently.  Some people might say this is a scam but it is not.  The agency just feels they are helping move the relationship along.  I actually think in some cases this probably does indeed help, especially if the woman is shy or not able to communicate very well.  I know for some of us this has been frustrating.  I personally would always prefer to know that the letter received is entirely the words of the woman I am writing too.

Big Dave
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:50:01 pm by David »

Offline Peter

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 01:58:38 pm »
I think that the agencies is more into the fact that if they could help more women to find Western men they will be able to get more money through the meeting and marriage fees..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Ed W

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 12:34:17 am »
Getting off EMF's can be diffecult to convince her to do. Now that my wife and I are married, we rely on google translate, and yes I've tried others, and not all messages translate as you'd expect. Occasionally I spot-check translations just to see how bad they really are. Granted you can alter your sentences to mitigate the errors but this one was just tooo freakin funny not to post. I hope my wife reads it with a grain of salt but boy she'll be a bit confused. After reading it, ask yourself if you'd rather have a translator if you were in her shoes.

############################ Portion of original english email sent.

Today was surprisingly clear and warm. The work was calm and productive. Please read this message carefully. I did something important.

Today I go to the bank and sent money to your "Bank of China" account. The deposit will not complete until tomorrow (Thursday). I need you to somehow visit the bank and confirm the money was received. There is a fee for me to send it. The amount might be slightly less than I estimate. The fee is $30 usd. The amount may be $470 usd if they remove the fee from that amount, or the fee will be deducted from my account and the deposit will be $500 usd. You should be able to exchange this money for about 3000 yuan. Please give 2500 yuan to repay the mother, and keep 500 yuan for emergency. If you decide to give mother all the money, I will trust your decision.

################################# same portion after translation. HOLY SHIT!

Today is clear and surprisingly warm. This work is peaceful and productive. Please read the message. I do not have anything important.

Today, I go to the bank and send money to your "Bank of China" account. Deposits will not be completed until tomorrow (Thursday). I wonder if I need to visit your bank and confirm that the money received. There are charges, I see it. I may be slightly less than the amount estimated. Cost of $ 30. The amount of U.S. dollars 470 U.S. dollars may be, if they are deleted from the amount of fees or costs will be deducted from my account and deposits will reach 500 U.S. dollars. You should be able to exchange the money of about 30 million yuan. Please give the mother to repay 2500 yuan and 500 yuan to maintain the emergency situation. If you decided to let the mother of all the money, I will believe that your decision.

###################################

How confident would you be if your western man was sending you crap like this? LOL
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Spruik

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 02:39:54 am »
LOL.

The mother might now be expecting at least RMB 29,997,500 and commit it on something wild before your wife goes to the bank... :D

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 06:01:07 am »
oh my god Ed lol.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 07:06:05 am »
oh my what did she say lol.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 08:41:56 am »
She'll realize the error's. She hasn't replied yet. I'm waiting for her to get on QQ at the moment so I'll see if she read it yet. Thankfully since she's my wife she now seems to just float with the translation errors.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009, 02:19:08 pm »
Ed.....Do you fancy sending me some please.........lol :):s

Martin

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:35 pm »
HAHAHA...Glad you did not have anything important to say...a few million isn't that important.

On a similar note, I used to spot check when we chatted on MSN.  I can't remember what I sent...something like I really love you...it translated to...I really hate you.  That seemed really messed, and fortunately, I had caught it.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 10:06:27 pm »
Would you believe she never brought up the email? She seems to put more value on the QQ video calls now. Email seems irrelevant to her now.