Author Topic: ...Our tastes in MUSIC  (Read 65764 times)

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
RE: ...Our tastes in MUSIC
« Reply #150 on: September 27, 2009, 05:19:17 pm »
I think I was thinking what you are thinking now when I listened to the Doors the first (and last) time :D
Go deep or don't go

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #151 on: September 27, 2009, 10:48:49 pm »
Quote from: 'ahkiwi' pid='17202' dateline='1253396891'

You could sort of start it and leave the room on an errand ... let her listen to it "by accident" ... hehehe

Light some candles, turn off the lights, bunch of roses, etc

Greetings Brothers,

Just be careful Rob when you go over there if she takes you to KTV (Karaoke).  You are in a private room with your little group so only sing in front of them.  The second last night I was in China Zhen and I went to KTV just the two of us and she had me sing every song in english I could find, then I made the mistake of asking her to play Wo ai ni by SHE in chinese.  I then sang it to her in the KTV room in chinese!!

Well that went over so well I had to do it 3 more times, and also lovers concerto by Kelly Chen 4 times.  I tell you the girl loves my singing even in chinese.

So be careful what you sing to her you may have to do it later in front of a bigger audience at the next KTV you go to.  Also it appears that this is what the older ladies do for fun on a night out so I doubt you will escape it.

Anyway good luck and keep that voice in tune hehe

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2009, 01:05:52 pm »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='21420' dateline='1256921398'

Well, growing up in Southern California, in Huntington Beach, the popular music was punk rock! Many bands, that later became mainstream, were rough-edged! Foul language was appropriate! haha
& I loved it! Surfing and having these tunes, in my head, got me all pumped up!!!
[my-youtube width=425 height=344]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5mjoN0SKoc[/my-youtube]

lol what can i say :huh:
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Vince G

« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2009, 08:22:47 am »
Mr. big butt, Song wasn't bad. Typical in ways but not bad. Drummer? Being an ex-drummer I think he sucked. Half way into the song he started using the bass drum? His cymbal (a crash cymbal) is flat (in tone) for the drum set he has there? he should be a much better drummer. It's all for show.

Paul Todd

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2009, 10:19:20 pm »
Anything by the "Alabama 3"
This is a favorite:- Mao Tse Tung says, :icon_biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVw0UGK8gU

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2009, 04:49:35 am »
I have just listened to Susan  Boyle's new album out today.  That is one Scotch lass with a great voice.  Brought me to tears when she was on Britain's Got Talent.  The CD has some good old standards on  it.   One Scottish person that made me like at least one person from from north of the border.!!!!!!

Willy
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:05:55 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2009, 06:42:18 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='23773' dateline='1258969775'

I have just listened to Susan  Boyle's new album out today.  That is one Scotch lass with a great voice.  Brought me to tears when she was on Britain's Got Talent.  The CD has some good old standards on  it.   One Scottish person that made me like at least one person from from north of the border.!!!!!!

Willy

Och aye the noo, see you jimmy...(said in a broad Scottish accent)...:@

And what about me you old reprobate !!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2009, 05:17:52 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='23778' dateline='1258976538'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='23773' dateline='1258969775'

Willy

Och aye the noo, see you jimmy...(said in a broad Scottish accent)...:@

And what about me you old reprobate !!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

You proved my point!!!!  :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

Re: ...Our tastes in MUSIC
« Reply #158 on: July 18, 2010, 06:30:58 pm »
LOL I don't remember this one either? I do remember the album. So many of his songs are in the breeze now. Only two I remember are "Don't eat that yellow snow" and "Suzy Creamcheese".

Offline mickw

« Reply #159 on: July 18, 2010, 07:14:53 pm »
vince.....watch out where the huskies go !!!!...............memories of Francis Vincent from Apostrophe i seem to remember ,hailed at the time as the new 70's Hot Rats ,the original 1969 issue of Hot Rats being my all time fave album ,and suzie creamcheese ahhhhhhhhhh  memours of Uncle Meat ......surrounded by Zola Czak and Nine types of industrial pollution  and  Dog breath in the year of the plague... such original titles wonderfull stuff  .... RIP  FZ  your the man

cheers Mick

Paul Todd

« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »
All classic albums Mick,

I still regularly listen to Joe's garage and Sheik Yerbouti. Put the track" broken heart are for assholes " on and wind it up! or " the torture never stops" from Zoot Allures.So many fantastic songs and they all stand the test of time,nobody does it like Frank!

ttwjr32

« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2010, 01:14:07 am »
wow that sure does bring back some great memories

Paul Todd

« Reply #162 on: July 31, 2010, 06:27:46 am »
I spent the afternoon at my favorite guitar shop and came home with a Fender Telecaster and a 60w amp! Happy days! I like to play blues mostly so I thought I would get in the mood and try and define what the blues is. So here goes:-

1) Most Blues begin, “Woke up this morning…”

2) “I got a good woman” is a bad way to begin the Blues, ‘less you stick something nasty in the next line like, “I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town.”

3) The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes . . . sort of: “Got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pound.”

4) The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch and there ain’t no way out. That's the Blues!

5) Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don’t travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft an’ state-sponsored motor pools ain’t even in the running. Walkin’ plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin’ to die.

6) Teenagers can’t sing the Blues. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues “adulthood” means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

7) Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada (sorry Martin) or France. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis,and Kansas City  are still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don’t get rain.

8) A man with male pattern baldness ain’t the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg when your skiing is not the blues.. Breaking your leg ’cause a alligator be chomping on it is.

9) You can’t have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting is all wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.

10) Good places for the Blues:
a) Highway;
b) Jailhouse;
c) Empty bed;
d) Bottom of a whiskey bottle.

Bad places for the Blues:
a) Starbuck's
b) Gallery openings;
c) Ivy League institutions;
d) Golf courses

11) No one will believe it’s the Blues if you wear a suit, ‘less you happen to be a old ethnic person, and you slept in it.

12) Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if
a) You older than dirt;
b) You blind;
c) You shot a man in Memphis;
d) You can’t be satisfied.

No, if
a) You have all your teeth;
b) You were once blind but now can see;
c) The man in Memphis lived;
d) You have a private pension or a trust fund.

13) Blues is not a matter of color. It’s a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.

14) If you ask for water and your darlin’ give you gasoline, it’s the Blues. Other acceptable Blues beverages are

a) Cheap wine;
b) Whiskey or bourbon;
c) Muddy water;
d) Nasty black coffee.

The following are NOT Blues beverages:
a) Perrier;
b) Chardonnay;
c) Snapple;
d) Slim Fast.

15) If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it’s a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broken down cot. You can’t have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or getting liposuction.

16) Some Blues names for women:
a) Sadie;
b) Big Mama;
c) Bessie;
d) Fat River Dumpling

17) Some Blues names for men
a) Joe;
b) Willie;
c) Little Willie;
d) Big Willie

18) Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can’t sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.

19) Make your own Blues name Starter Kit:

a) Name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.);
b) First name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, etc.);
c) Last name of a US President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.);
d) For example, Blind Lime Jefferson, Jakeleg Lemon Johnson or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not “Kiwi.”)

20) I don’t care how tragic your life, if you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues,but you can still fake it! ha-ha

That's done it now where my guitar!............................................I think I feel the "Yellow River Delta Blues comin' on......

shaun

« Reply #163 on: July 31, 2010, 07:15:55 am »
Yeah, Yeah, I got dat China baby blues....   I'm feelin' so lonely....  yes baby so lonely.... I'm feelin' so lonely I could die!

Yeah I'm old enough.

or if your Glen Campbell or John Denver.   I'm leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again.

Not quite the same.

One more thing.  You can't play the blues if your can't play a 7 chord.  :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:20:56 am by shaun »

ttwjr32

« Reply #164 on: July 31, 2010, 12:30:30 pm »
lots of good blues in your neck of the woods shaun