General Discussion and Useful Links > The Campfire

...Our tastes in MUSIC

<< < (2/39) > >>

David5o:
This is another group that i've been listening to for years,  Whenever i hear there music, my mind whisks me back to Jeddah Saudi Arabia... Funny how a particular song can do that isn't??....
If you've never heard of them, ...They are a Swedish Group, well know in the late 80's and 90's with several Album CD'S to there credit.. This just happens to be one of my favourite tracks.....

Roxette - You Don't Understand Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=082xvCYYVqs

wilsbrough:
Roxette, now that takes me back to the 80's. Damn it, i almost managed to block that decade out until now...! I always wondered who bought their songs. :icon_cheesygrin: Hears another one that has meaning to me that i wont go into, Most people will now of the Jonny Cash version (rip) but i prefer the origional version written by Trent Reznor and performed by Nine Inch Nails on the downward spiral album, 1994. I could not find a version of that on Youtube, but here is Trent singing it a few years back.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cefrrdRUid4&feature=related
Andy.

David E:
Thanks Michael....I have listened to this Symphony a squillion times...and still it makes the hairs on my neck stand up !!

Best cure for a bad day...Beethovens 9th by Von Karajan and the Berliner Symphonic...followed by Dvorak...Symphony from "New World"...on a half decent Hi-Fi  .........magic stuff :):)

ahkiwi:
A classic: A Flock Of Seagulls - I Ran

OMG THE HAIR !!

I loved the garage bands of the 80's, also love most New Zealand bands, a brief selection:

Headless Chickens - Cruise Control
Steriogram - Walkie Talkie Man
The Chills - Leather Jacket
-----------------------------------------------
Dave Dobbyn - Loyal
Dave Dobbyn - Slice of Heaven

Dave is pretty much a Kiwi icon. In 2001, after 25 years as a musician and songwriter, Dobbyn was given a rare, lifetime achievement award by the New Zealand recording industry. Instead of a speech, the managing director of Sony Music New Zealand just read out a list of song titles.

The list went on for some time: 'Beside You', 'Be Mine Tonight', 'Language', 'Outlook For Thursday', 'Loyal', 'Whaling', 'Kingdom Come', 'It Dawned On Me', 'Guilty', 'Devil You Know', 'Slice of Heaven', 'Magic What She Do', 'Oughta Be in Love' ...

These songs written by Dobbyn had moved people throughout the country. They were songs they had danced to with their first lover, songs they have married to, songs that have made them laugh and cry. These songs they have even played when burying their loved ones.

Jadams79:
Had a long list but clickies didnt work :(

Morbid Angel
Metallica
Tool
Marilyn Manson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version