Author Topic: Confused....Really need help guys???  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Confused....Really need help guys???
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 12:49:24 am »
Keep on your present course Rob.

Not sure about your immediate family, though you talk of Kids and Grandkids.  Maybe she was 'elected' on their behalf to try to persuade you to stay in UK.  A liitle wine, a little soft talking and Rob's putty in my hands, I can imagine her saying this to them.    Keep her out of your life man and look forward to a great future here in China with Karen.   Its not long to wait now.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 01:43:53 am »
Rob , what can I add ... that hasn't been said already ?
Your Ex cheated on you with some other Man/Men and after things don't go too well and she is un-happy , she can not stand seeing you happy with Keren either . So she decide's the old SORRY / REMEMBER us back then ? Tell her YES I do , and show her where the Door is . Out of my Place , out of my Life , and I will not share my HAPPINESS with you for sure .  Done-Finished-Fertig-Kaputt !!!

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 05:01:31 am »
Guys, thanks to everyone who responded to my plea...

After many hours of soul searching and reading, and rereading all the replies that I received including PMS, I have decided that I am going to follow my heart, and my head (not little one), I am going to China to start my new life with Keren...

This was one of those times that come up between divorced or separated couples, when emotions (habits) come into play...  She hurt me in a way that I would not be able to forgive if I did go back, it would always be in the back of my mind, if she can do it once she can do it again and the marriage/couple would never be the same..  So again I thank you for your help

I now understand that 'YES' I  do love her and if truth be told, I always will, but I am NOT in love with her, like I am with Keren

The quote from that book, that is so true on my behalf,  everyone's kind words got me through what was a difficult time, I will never forget this, if I was a drinker i would raise my glass to you all, cheers.  You truly are a band of brothers...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:04:58 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline metooap

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 05:10:27 am »
Rob,

An oustanding response - go with your heart. Everythng else will work out!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:41 am »
Good Boy !!!

And next time (if there is one)...dont start your request for help with "sorry guys, I need some help"

Nowt to be sorry about...all of us need a help sometimes and I know you always return the favour. :):)
DavidE

shaun

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 05:22:26 am »
Excellent Rob, you won't regret it. Embrace and enjoy your future.

Shaun

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 06:19:15 am »
Good on you rob you now it make sence.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline Danny

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 06:48:39 am »
Rob, that's good to hear.

This happens a whole lot. When it does you have to make the decision to either be faithful to the woman you're with, or to cheat. I always think that messing around is a bad move - even if you're pretty sure you can get away with it. It isn't just unethical, it also changes you for the worse. When you're filled with regret and guilt, how can you be a lion for the woman you love and adore? For me, trust is like a glass vase, when it's all smashed up and gone, there's no putting it back together again. It's all gone, mate.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:50:39 am by Danny »

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 06:50:42 am »
Happy to here this brother, you just made my day, now the wife and I can come visit with you and Keren sometime.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

David5o

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:39 am »
Rob,

What can i say that hasn't already been said or felt.  This is your life now, not your Ex's. Nothing wrong in staying friends with her, but her influence over your past and future emotions, should be now be Null and Void!!

Go forth and Prosper, your new life awaits you. Only you,  ...can turn that new life into the success you want it to be. Were all rooting for you on that score, that and your succes with Keren.....

David.....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:04:20 am by David5o »

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 07:54:39 am »
Best wishes Rob! I wish you and Keren all the best indeed.
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 01:02:55 pm »
More than welcome to come visit mate;-))

Anyone who is near me when I am there will be made welcome...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »
Great Choice Rob!!

Follow your heart to China, leave teh past in the past.  As everyone else has said its just so not worth it to get caught up in that trap again.  Your love and your life are in China so you should be too.  If the kids love you they will be happy and supportive, even if it takes them a while to figure it out.  You are still their dad regardless of your address.  As Julia Roberts said in pretty woman, " Address is just geography", your life and love are there so go with no regrets and no doubts.

Good luck to you mate and follow your dreams

Brian

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 02:29:20 pm »
Quote from: 'Brian Mc' pid='12547' dateline='1250184685'

Great Choice Rob!!

Brian

Was a bit worried about you Brian - have not seen you posting for a few days now.  Maybe I just missed them.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 04:00:28 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='12552' dateline='1250188160'

Quote from: 'Brian Mc' pid='12547' dateline='1250184685'

Great Choice Rob!!

Brian

Was a bit worried about you Brian - have not seen you posting for a few days now.  Maybe I just missed them.

Willy

Yea I have been out for a few days.  I wrote my lady  about my divorce maybe taking 15 months to final and she was a bit messed up by the news.  I almost lost her there.  However today I finally received a reply from her in which she told me she loves me wants me to go over at the end of October so that is the plan.

Its been a rough couple of days to be sure but I think that everything is on the right track now.  As everyone here on this thread said to Rob persistence and going after what you want will get you where you need to be.  So it looks like I am headed to China at the end of October for a month.

So again Rob I say to you follow your heart and your dreams.  GO get what you have worked so hard for and what you both want.  You deserve  it.

Oh and Willy thanks for noticing my absence  much appreciated.

Regards to all, the best group of guys on the net!!

Brian
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:02:26 am by Brian Mc »