Author Topic: TO CHONGQING WITH LOVE  (Read 7314 times)

brett

RE: TO CHONGQING WITH LOVE
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2009, 07:05:36 am »
My lady is not a Sichuan lady - her mother is from Shanghai and father from Hubei. I guess this gives her her exotic looks.

She tells me that Sichuan ladies are tall. I don't know if this is right though, as she is a little fuzzy about stuff that goes on outside her province (she didn't seem to know where Changsha was, which was a little puzzling).

I did notice that the ladies in Beijing, Wuhan and Yichang looked quite different.

I do want to go to Chongqing some day as it looks a fascinating place. And the food in that part of China is great, so totally unlike the predominantly Cantonese stuff you get in the UK.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 08:28:33 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='20800' dateline='1256234861'

Did anyone else here watch Paul Merton In China?

For the non Brits and Irish he's a famous UK comedian and took a trip around China and made a documentary, its actually not bad even if he is a bit too squeamish in some respects.
Its fairly easy to find on torrent if anyone is interested, well worth watch as he goes all over China.

Ok to get back on topic, he's in one place and they are in a restaurant and the lady tells him that the area is famous for the beauty of the local women. The (very pretty) translator that accompanies him around is not impressed and says afterwards that every place in China says they have the prettiest girls.
Then Merton asks her where the prettiest boys are and she says northern China around Beijing or something, aka her area, rather funny stuff!

Had to go dig this out as I knew I had this somewhere (my archive of videos is a giant mess....one of these days I'll take the time to organize it).  In case anyone is interested, the section about Sichuan is in the second episode, second half.  Haven't watched it through.  I have seen snippets of it.  I wonder how tall he is to give us an idea of how tall everyone is there.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 07:35:10 am »
Just a quickie so to speak , has anyone been to Sanya on Hainan Island looks like I will be mooning with my Honey there from Feb 25th , so she requests , and lets face it she is the BOSS , haha , any info 1st hand would be appreciated , have Googled it so know a little , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Paul Todd

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 10:19:51 pm »
Hi Robert,

I think Rhonald and JimB have both been there, I would ask them! From what I've read it sounds just the place for a romantic honeymoon!:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:42 pm »
Sanya is at the south end of the island and is a bit more money then Haikou. But is also the prettier of the two. I was only on the island for 3 days on a bus tour that crammed as many tourist trap stops as people crammed into the bus. So I would check on finding a hotel around Sanya - especially around Yalong Bay and relaxing there. Try not to get her tempted on gowing on the bus tour, otherwise it is wake up call at 6:00 am with a quick breakfast and then Spike Lee saying "Get on the Bus".

Here's a picture from Lands End that is near Sanya. This tourist spot is the most southernly point of China. The writting you see is a tribute to Neil Diamond - you know - his song "Love on the Rocks"  :icon_cheesygrin:

I was told that if you do a walk to see all the embossed stones that you and your lover's  love will last forever. You are welcome to try on your honeymoon and the two of us can keep score to see if this holds true.
Quote from: 'RobertBfrom aust' pid='24849' dateline='1260189310'

I will be mooning with my Honey there from Feb 25th

And please don't moon the locals - they might think its a Great White :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:10:07 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2009, 11:18:27 pm »
Mmmm interesting. In the pic the girl to your left in the blue skirt, is she posing for the camera that looks like a lamp post?

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 11:06:53 am »
To all within the Forum , both in The Middle Kingdom and in the Western world , have a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year , and as has happened to so many this year may your dreams and wishes come true , regards Ying and Robert .
We will finally get around to filling in the blanks about ChongQing straight after Christmas , but things have been hectic since I arrived back .
My QQ is   1994376895

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 01:24:40 pm »
Hi Robert,

I was in Sanya earlier this year with my lady we spend 5 days at Yalong Bay.
On the tourist flyers they say that Sanya (Hainan Island) is the Chinese equivalent to Hawaii. :dodgy:

Sanya the town has a fairly small retail area, but there are tons of apartments and amazingly 75% of them are empty most of the year. The apartments close to the city are all fairly new.

Where we stayed at Yalong Bay which is about 20 minutes from downtown Sanya, Yalong bay is a very nice place, the beach was reasonable busy with Russian Family (I would hazard to guess that most of the husbands were defence or ex defence).
I actually did not hear any English spoken there for the first 3 days………hehehe.
There are some really great resorts in Yalong Bay, the Crowne Plaza was our hotel and it was very good as there are plenty of food outlets and it has its own beach access.

It can be as romantic as you would like it to be Robert.:icon_redface:
If you’re up to some adventure then there is plenty of things to keep you busy for quite a few days.

We caught the ferry out to Wuzhizhou Island, it is a very small coral atoll about 8 kilometre off the coast. We done the walk around the island in about 2 hours (very romantic hand in hand) and the place is extremely clean and tidy, the water was bl**dy chilly. :-/

One of the other days we done the white water rafting and it was a buzz………I was the only foreigner on the trip, in actual fact there was only 4 guys and about 25 ladies, it was a really fun day.

All that I can tell you was that we enjoyed our time there and we will go back again in the future.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_arrowu:

Some of the flights get there very late so you have to be quick to catch a taxi, the places closes very early Robert.

[attachment=1205][attachment=1206]
[attachment=1209][attachment=1210]

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• bopads.info
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:20 pm »
Many thanks Glenn , spot on with what we wanted to know , regards Ying and Robert .
My QQ is   1994376895

Offline Glenn5344

• Glenn
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 11:24:27 pm »
It was my please Robert. I hope you and Ying have a great time and I hope that you get some nice picutres.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2010, 04:04:09 am »
How was your honeymoon?  I assume you are back as you were headed over in late February. Where did you end up going?  Any updates?

Arnold

« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 01:21:36 am »
Haha Martin , it must of been a great time  , we havened heard from Robert here for some time .
Now .. it is nice to share some Photo's .. if possible ?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:22:03 am by Arnold »