Author Topic: Our Story  (Read 9835 times)

Offline Peter

RE: Our Story
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 04:01:39 am »
Welcome to Changsha Nad.. It's a great city..
Peter
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Nad

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 04:14:13 am »
Quote from: 'Peter' pid='6163' dateline='1245571299'

Welcome to Changsha Nad.. It's a great city..
Peter

Thanks Peter. Do you live in Changsha now?

Offline Philip

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 05:18:56 am »
Hi Nad,
which agency are you with? I am talking to a lady from the Mei Yin agency. I am going to Changsha in October. Congratulations on your relationship. Sounds good.

Offline Nad

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 05:49:01 am »
Quote from: 'alex' pid='6167' dateline='1245575936'

Hi Nad,
which agency are you with? I am talking to a lady from the Mei Yin agency. I am going to Changsha in October. Congratulations on your relationship. Sounds good.

Hi Alex, we are with the Changsha Deeply Loving Matchmaking agency and we have been very happy with them, I hope that everyone can get the same level of service. What dates are you going to be in Changsha?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 05:50:23 am by Nad »

Offline Philip

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 06:13:21 am »
I am going at the end of October, 24th to 31st. Peter is going in July to get married, at the same agency. I went in May, visited Yuelu mountain and the Hunan Provincial museum and made some lovely friends. You can read about my experiences, good and bad, in my thread, 'Long distance meeting between man and woman' Don't forget to visit your agency and let us know how it was.

Offline Nad

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2009, 09:04:27 am »
Hi Everyone,
Well I thought that I would share another part off our story. Its been a terrific couple of weeks with my Gen. As you may have noted from my earlier posts here that we were considering getting married. Well I have just asked Genquian to become my wife and she has happily excepted my proposal. So we will marry on my first trip to meet her in September.  I  am so happy to be siiting here and sharing this wonderful news with you. We are very happy, and tonight Sunday I rang her for the first time to ask her as well. Even though it was a little difficult to understand each other, the first words she says to me is " I love you" wow my heart just melted and I was smiling from ear to ear.
I really did not think that when I first registered at CHN love that I would be getting married nine months later. How life can change if you are willing to look for it. So if anyone has any advice for what I have to do now please let me know. Because I have got no idea as to what is going to happen to get her over here to be with me. I wish you all the happiness and successs that life has to offer each and everyone of us.
Bye for now NAD. (Alan) AU.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2009, 09:30:13 am »
Alan ( NAD ), for the information you are looking for and will need here are two web sites you should check out:     http://visajourney.com/forums/index.php?act=home   and the other site is:     http://www.candleforlove.com/forums/    both have a lot of information and good people on them but, you will need thick skin sometimes with some of them.
Good luck and best wishes.
Ohh and CONGRATS!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:30:40 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 01:09:17 pm »
Alan , I also congratulate you on your Engagement to Gen .

But as I have read your overall Story and all the reply's from the brotherhood , not ones did you or anybody else for that matter , mention the Parent's of Gen . We here all know how important it is to win over the Parent's , before such move as to Marry will ever have a happy outcome .

I certainly don't want to rain on your happiness or bring your excitment down , just want to make sure you have taken care of that part too .

Wish you the best of course in your future Life with your Sweetheart .

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2009, 04:04:33 pm »
Best of luck Alan, great to hear another great story. Arnold raises a valid point, its not a done deal until the parents give their blessing, I'm sure it will be fine though.
Let us know how you get on, we will all be waiting every update with anticipation!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Nad

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2009, 08:59:35 pm »
Thanks a lot Guys,
Yeah the parents have been in the back of my head for some time, I regularly asked after her family in our correspondence. Just recently she commented that “they care about you too" (parents) however that does not give the approval required for marriage.  I believe that they know about her being on CHN love because I asked her about that early on, I have sent her flowers to her home about 2 months ago, so I would expect that the parents know of my excistance, here is part of a recent letter sent by Qen " my parents urge me , my friends urge me , my relatives urge me , so that i want to get marry , it is my bottom words, i hope you can feel my heart". So  what would you guys suggest I do about receiving the approval of the parents without ever meeting them? It is very difficult knowing how do go about that with the language barrier. I sometimes feel that she is not a very traditional Chinese lady, but I may be wrong about that ,however she does tell me that her parents are wanting her to get married. Looking forward to your suggestions on this matter.
Regards Alan

Arnold

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2009, 09:33:08 pm »
That is a wonderful way to bring up the most important part ( her Family ) . Simple , direct , caring and there should be no problem to get the answer to this . Unless She keep's the Parent's in the background and that would not be good of course .
So Alan , if Mike don't mind just copy and paste his letter to your's .

Mike is starting to think like a chinese since wearing tang clothes . Haha
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 09:33:56 pm by Arnold »

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2009, 09:47:28 pm »
Mike , I don't know ? I think Ireland lost one of his Countryman already to the chinese LING club .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Nad

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 09:03:34 am »
Hi Guys,
Thanks Mike and Arnold for responding. Yeah good advice. I replied to Gen in a email today that is centred around getting approval from her parents, it is along the theme that Mike used here in his reply, so I wasn't lazy and just cut and past it, but I certainly thought about it. hehe.

I quess there is alot to consider if we are to be married in September, We are going to try to arrange it. At  this stage I don't know how, but she is worth having ago to get something arranged. We are both trying to make happen. Has anyone been to a chineses wedding before, are they the big style wedding that seem to be the norm in the West? Or the quiet intimate type that I would prefer.
Regards
Alan

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 09:58:59 am »
In my last letter to Ke Ren I included a small introductory letter to her parents, and also to Peter 'our' son, she responded by saying they will like that, but I was to write in English and Yuki (Translator) would write it out for them.

Offline Danny

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2009, 08:49:05 am »
Hey fancy that, there are bloody Aussies everywhere. I'm from Brunswick West. Well that's a great story. Good on you!