Author Topic: Our Story  (Read 9832 times)

Offline Nad

RE: Our Story
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2009, 10:04:04 pm »
Hi Danny,
Glad to meet you! Thanks for your good wishes. I Live in Maribyrnong, not far form West Brunswick. Have you met a Chineses girl?. Feel free to get back in touch. There is another Aussie who frequents this site his name is Robert. Have you met him yet?.
Regards Alan.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 03:08:05 am »
Hi Nad and Danny , looks like we need to have our own Dumplings meeting somewhere close to B'wick / M'yong , I am back over to Chongqing for engagement in mid August .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Nad

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 04:01:41 am »
Quote from: 'RobertBfrom aust' pid='7058' dateline='1246432085'

Hi Nad and Danny , looks like we need to have our own Dumplings meeting somewhere close to B'wick / M'yong , I am back over to Chongqing for engagement in mid August .

Hi Robert,
How you going? yeah I would like to meet up with you, lets not talk about it, but do it. I have still got your number can I give you a call?
Regards Alan.

Martin

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 05:57:25 pm »
Quote from: 'Nad' pid='6857' dateline='1246280614'

...Has anyone been to a chineses wedding before, are they the big style wedding that seem to be the norm in the West? Or the quiet intimate type that I would prefer.
Regards
Alan

Alan...that is a question that can't easily be answered.  In China, wedding differ from city to city, Province to Province.  A lot depends on whether or not either of you have been married before.

At my wedding, we had 240 guests.  This was considered a rather large wedding.  Many people came that were not even invited, because I was the first foreigner to get married in her hometown, and they wanted to see a big white bald guy getting marred.  We had a second smaller ceremony about a week later in the city that she lives in...and had about another 25 people there.  This was her first wedding.  You can see my blog by clicking here.  Look through the month of April to find my wedding details.  Our wedding was in Hunan Province.  If you want to see a wedding video to get an idea of what happens during a wedding ceremony, you can check out Nik's blog as well.  Scroll down to the video.  It is about an hour long.  His wedding was also in Hunan Province.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 07:37:30 pm »
Very good Martin and now I can also see some of the others blogs to, thank you, really enjoyed it
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 12:38:31 am »
Please do Michael , I hate to see this Canadian Guy have more Follower's than myself . :@

Hey enjoy them all , there are all very good reading and a great learning experience . I think :huh:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 09:19:04 am »
Yeah Arnold, we can not let those Canadians win at this too.
Man but I have a lot of reading to do on those blogs.:icon_biggrin:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Nad

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2009, 08:51:22 am »
Hi Everyone,
Well I thought I would up date as to how things are going between myself and Gen. Well I am happy too announce that on September 26 th we will be getting  married in Changsha on my first trip to China. After posting here last time and recieving some good advice from the brothers, mother and father have given their blessing and are happy for their daughter to marry with me. We are now into the planning stages and just today Gen informs me that after speaking to some of her old school mates and informing them that she is getting married in September to a foreigner( her words) he he, the wedding as gone from 50 people to 100, ( women!) haha. So anyway we are dicussing this more at the moment. She still writes to me the most lovely of letters and this just keeps on getting better. This part of one of her letters I would like to share with you. "your letter just like the cool juice in my heart , I love you ,my darling" how could I not marry someone that says things like that.  It's going to be a busy two weeks in China!.
All the best From  Alan
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:53:03 am by Nad »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 07:26:14 pm »
Congrats Nad!, that promises to be a pretty amazing first trip!
Please keep us updated here on your progress, just love reading on the ground reports!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 02:10:54 pm »
Alan , happy for you as well . As for the September 26th , to pick for your Wedding ... great day , because that's also my wife's Birthday . If I have time on that day , I also will think of you and your Gen 's special Day . Good luck and don't let the Eyes wonder with all those Women at your Wedding .:dodgy: