Author Topic: Sending A package To China - without your lady getting bills  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Sending A package To China - without your lady getting bills
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:52:17 pm »
I'm working on something (she's registered here so cannot say what exactly :P ) that I'd like to send.
Problem is I'm pretty sure customs will want their take, is there any way i can pre pay this so she just has to sign for it and take delivery?
I know when buying stuff from America using Fedex or UPS that I get billed for excise, but this time i want to make sure the bill comes to me.
What i'm sending probably weighs about 2lb and is electronic if thats any help. I just want her to have to sign for it and enjoy.
if any of the major courier companies can do this please let me know.

if any of you guys have sent stuff over there and have any tips, please post away!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Gautam

Re: Sending A package To China - without your lady getting bills
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:58 am »
You are talking about China Duty - right?

If this is the case no it is levied on arrival you can check with a Shipping Company and they will advise you how you can pre pay this. Courier companies only transport stuff around and the recepient pays the duty is applied.

Unfortunatley you have to declare so no possible to sneak it through and a bit risky if caught as it will be confiscated if it has value.

I declare the value of all my gifts but they are not electronic and not 2lb they are generally cloth or chocolate and less than 1lb and value declared is always at $20 to $30. I am sure my ex-babe thinks I am cheap....