Author Topic: Going to Shenzhen  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Going to Shenzhen
« on: August 16, 2009, 10:32:41 pm »
Hi everyone,  

Myself and Xia are off to Shenzhen for the weekend.  Any recommendations for hotels etc.

Just for information.  I went to Zhongshan last weekend and was at the country club.  The hot springs are something special so if anyone gets the chance to go there then go.  The most reelaaxinng day ever.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
RE: Going to Shenzhen
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 12:35:57 am »
I stayed at 2 hotels there. Of course my advice would be tainted. I stayed at a great hotel for the first 4 days; I got upgraded to a better suite. Through Expedia it was pricey. Crowne Plaza Hotel & Suites Landmark Shenzhen is rated number 1 on travel advisor. It is not the most pricey Hotel in Shenzhen but is located close to the train station and subway. But the best part I remember of the hotel was the nights....ah yes the nights:sleepy:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

feisnik

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 12:48:34 am »
I would recommend asking and booking a discounted Chinese rate through Winser Zhao of http://www.ChinaTravel20.com.

Offline Andreas

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 01:52:22 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='13019' dateline='1250476361'

Hi everyone,  
Just for information.  I went to Zhongshan last weekend and was at the country club.  The hot springs are something special so if anyone gets the chance to go there then go.  The most reelaaxinng day ever.

Willy

Hi Willy,

Zhongshan is where my girl lives. I'll definetely check that club out when I am there in a few ...

Andreas!

feisnik

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:27:07 am »

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:06:50 pm »
WILLY,
I stayed at the crown also for a month a few years back and liked the service i got there.
and it is close to many things.  hope you and xia have a good time. looks like i will be in
guangzhou on sept 16 for permanant so we can finally get together. looking forward to it
see you then

ted from stockton
soon guangzhou

Offline Londoner

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:05:43 am »
Hi Willy,

I have just returned from China and found www.ctrip.com rather useful for booking hotels and internal flights. Their prices are pretty good so you may like give them a try.

I was in Shenzhen two weeks ago and had stayed at the Best Western Hotel, I wouldn't recommend it as it is advertised as a five star but actually it is more like 3/4 star in terms of their facilities and services.