Author Topic: Call to China or from China to your home country on your mobile phone cheaply!  (Read 4599 times)

feisnik

As you probably know, to call China, usually you need to dial the International access code of 011 in America followed by the country code of +86 then your friend's full phone number. But this is a very expensive call. Usually $2.00 a minute or more from your mobile phone!

But there is a way to make it cost very little or even free! No computers, downloads, or phone cards necessary. Just dial and talk internationally and pay local rates! How does it work? You give RebTel the phone number of someone you call in China or any other country, and RebTel give you a local number for them. Save this number on your mobile so you can call your friend whenever you want at the local rate. And the best thing is this: It will appear that your call is from a local number and your friend can call that number back to reach you for free!

This will also be a very convenient and inexpensive way for your wife to call her family in China once she is living in your country!

You can try RebTel for free and see how it works, simply sign up at RebTel's Web Sign-U HERE and get a free 10 minute call to China or any other country. Then if you add $10 to your account, you will get $10.00 USD free credit for a limited time. This is how I call my wife multiple times a week and how she will be calling her family after she arrives her in America on Sunday 23 August!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:21:58 am by feisnik »

Vince G

Nik I looked into this. Seems pretty good. The only question I have about it is the account. I haven't been able to find answers on the site. Is it attached to your credit card and do they automatically take an amount to stay above a minimum? Personally I don't sign up for anything that keeps their hands in my credit card or bank account.

feisnik

Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='13079' dateline='1250521018'

Nik I looked into this. Seems pretty good. The only question I have about it is the account. I haven't been able to find answers on the site. Is it attached to your credit card and do they automatically take an amount to stay above a minimum? Personally I don't sign up for anything that keeps their hands in my credit card or bank account.

You can add funds manually, or have it done automatically. It is completely your choice.

Vince G

I don't know about this Pittsburg, PA thing? It's suppose to be a local number in China. So when the girl calls it's local for her and charged to your account. That's what I understood from it all. As for the account amount, it's like my Sunpass (toll pass) same thing it seems. No stopping for tolls, roll right through.

feisnik

Yes, when you call, it assigns a local number for her to you. If she calls this number back it is free, only you pay the charges. You pay in advance as you go. My local number is in Denver, but my mobile phone provider considers this local.

feisnik

Quote from: 'sameldrum1' pid='13343' dateline='1250638049'

Thanks, Nik, I think I understand now...just to make sure, though, when she calls it is a local number for her, and RebTel would still charge me the 1.9 cents per minute for this call.  Right???

Thanks,

Scott

Yes, you understand it exactly!

Offline Hajo

Nik, you are the "hero of the day" as we say here in Denmark. I just signed up and we could call Jin Yongs sister. It was just great, because the lines in Xinjiang are closed for international calls. But this one made it through. We are very thankful for this tip!

Jin Yong left her son behind for the time being and therefore it is very important to be able to call home. Thanks again.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

feisnik

Hajo, glad to be your HaoJie, (A Chinese name roughly meaning hero!) also I wanted to let you know that I love your new avatar image. You two make a lovely couple and of course your wife is beautiful. I do have to admit harboring some envious feelings about how easy it was for you to bring your wife home to your country! :angel:

Offline Hajo

Quote from: 'feisnik' pid='13642' dateline='1250809500'

Hajo, glad to be your HaoJie, (A Chinese name roughly meaning hero!) also I wanted to let you know that I love your new avatar image. You two make a lovely couple and of course your wife is beautiful. I do have to admit harboring some envious feelings about how easy it was for you to bring your wife home to your country! :angel:

Thanks Nik. I could imagine there some of the brothers who have envious feelings about it. I was supprised myself, I have to admit. It was a little stress in Beijing to get things in order, but it went very well. I wish it would that easy for everybody.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
Lucky Hajo, you're in Denmark! I was thinking about this, when the time is right, bring my love over on a tourist visa and get married in Denmark, it's really easy and saves a lot of paperwork as opposed to marriage in China ...

Another idea for free calling, I use a Windows mobile phone, so when in China or elsewhere in the world, I either use one of my SIP accounts to call home, or Skype out depending on how friendly the wifi network is, Skype always works as it doesn't use any particular protocol as opposed to SIP. There are so many free Wlans everywhere, even in Cn.  I always get a China mobile SIM card, I think it's 100RMB and you can call ages on it, at least internally, and I tell people who need to know how to reach me the number.

I also have Sip phones at home and at work and there are many low cost providers to China, here in France, calling China and another 150 countries is actually free, or should I say included in the DSL subscription depending on the provider.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:04:10 am by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
I call to China quite often from my cell phone.  The package I have on my phone includes unlimited evenings and week-ends.  So this combined with a calling card for calling over seas, I can call as often as I want.

I bought a card called VOX International.  I don't know if it is available outside of Canada.  I can talk for 20 minutes, and it only costs me around 50 cents.  So a 20 dollar card lasts me quite awhile.

brett

Talking of phones, if I take my UK phone to china, will it work? It worked in Hong Kong, so I'm wondering if it would work in China as well. It's useful to send text messages back home.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
It will work, just watch your bill!
Go deep or don't go

brett

Cool! That's good. Actually I don't think I ever got charged for the texts I sent from Hong Kong :icon_cheesygrin:.

feisnik

Quote from: 'Hajo' pid='13385' dateline='1250662913'

Nik, you are the "hero of the day" as we say here in Denmark. I just signed up and we could call Jin Yongs sister. It was just great, because the lines in Xinjiang are closed for international calls. But this one made it through. We are very thankful for this tip!

Jin Yong left her son behind for the time being and therefore it is very important to be able to call home. Thanks again.

My wife uses this now to talk to a plethora of friends and family members each day. In the last 24 hours she has spoken to numerous people for hours and it cost me a little over a dollar! Much better prices and quality than a phone card!