Author Topic: luckiest man alive  (Read 10372 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
RE: luckiest man alive
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2009, 05:19:55 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='15626' dateline='1252237903'

And you're on the Chnlove testimonials already ... here

Wow I see my wife's testimonial on the same page as Neil's. Two Canucks sharing the same page. Best wishes Neil - although I hear that I should not drink the water on your side of the Rockies - something about it being contaminated with Kokanee :icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 05:21:02 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Arnold

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 06:41:25 pm »
Very nice Rhonald , you Wife is a lovely Woman . I can not get over she teaches the GuZheng . Can she teach me through EMF's ???:blush:

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2009, 01:27:28 am »
Kokanee is rat pee.  I enjoyed Chinese beer more.

A small update, I finally was able to connect with Nina on qq today.  We have chatted on and off over the last week, but mostly while she was at work so it was infrequent and censored and often marred in translation errors.  Today she quit her job.  She wasn't happy there.  She wants to move to Guangzhou.  She has many friends there and is able to find a good job easily.  We chatted for 4 hours tonight.  We discussed family and marriage and the fact that her "heterosexual" friends are sad they lost their chances with her.  It seems I have won her from the hands of some influential people.  She has friends that are mistresses to rich men who bought them houses and cars.  She told me she doesn't care, rich or poor, just that she is happy and adored (which I do).  We even flirted a bit.  We also discussed my daughters who she would love to have come to our wedding.  We will see about that but it would be wonderful to have them with us.  She asked about my ex, she worried she would be hated.  I assured her she wouldn't and would probably meet her some day.  She refused to turn on her webcam because she hadn't left the bed yet.  I argued with her and she asserted her belief that she has the final say on small matters.  I tried to argue with her but she's right.  In the end, it was the most satisfying 4 hours since I've been home.  

Our chat included this sweet note:  ????????????,??????????????,????????????????!???????????!
Ah, Rhonald, that is a beautiful wife, beautiful picture and beautiful letter she wrote.  You are indeed a lucky man.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:31:51 am by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate

brett

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2009, 06:59:18 am »
Wow, that's beautiful note. If my beloved wants to get married I am dreading the wedding, but mainly because my family just don't seem to be that interested in what I'm doing.

What kind of job does Nina do? I got my fingers burnt trying to suggest my beloved would like to do a different career, perhaps in China if you become one thing it's not the done thing to do something else.

Webcams are fun though. I will never forget the moment my beloved turned on her webcam and, bing, there she was! I was just so amazed at how beautiful she looked (her profile pictures haven't been photoshopped much), her voice is very sexy indeed, and she could speak much better English that she was letting on - what a huge bonus!

David5o

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2009, 08:09:50 am »
Brett,

Believe me, ...You just don't know, or realize how much of a bonus it is, having your lady speak decent English. Many of the guys on here go through absolute torment with this language problem. Misunderstandings for a start will be greatly minimised, but alas not completely ..haha!!
Your relationship can move forward so much quicker, and with far better understanding than those that have to battle along with those dammed language problems....

I came across that many times in China, where Chinese (men and women) would consider there English as weak or poor, when in actual fact, it was more than adequate to hold a conversation. There are many ladies on chnlove that state on there profile ''learning'' when in fact they can get by speaking English at a simple level. Hard to weed them out from the rest though!! ...hahaha!!

David....

brett

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2009, 08:18:05 am »
David5o, yes the chnlove English level thing is pretty worthless and can only really be determined via webcam.

I guess the ladies are sometimes modest about their level of English. Others can speak it much better than they can read or write. Some with video profiles are obviously just memorising key phrases, they probably don't have much idea of what the words mean. I think I am lucky in that my lady has a natural talent for languages - she mentioned that she picked up Cantonese by just working in Guangdong for a few months :huh:.

I'm still not sure how good my lady's English is, I think I would get her to sit the standard English test at some stage, then I will be able to ask my co-workers what sort of language tuition she would need to start with.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2009, 09:20:37 am »
Keren spoke to me about English the other day...She has said that her spoken English is getting much better than her written English...This will be a good thing, because my Mandarin is not coming along as well as I thought it would be:blush:

I suggested that she write to me and was told that 'it' takes her about 5 hours to write a long letter in English, that is because she has to look up all the words in the dictionary.  so I told her to write to me in Chinese and that i would get it translated ok...:icon_biggrin:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2009, 10:41:43 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='15993' dateline='1252474048'

Ah, Rhonald, that is a beautiful wife, beautiful picture and beautiful letter she wrote.  You are indeed a lucky man.

Thanks Neil, I must say your finacee is very charming looking as well. Do you get good audio from your webcam sessions? The video feed is okay but sometimes freezes while our audio is very hit or miss. Thus we usually don't bother turning it on and just use video and typing.

My wife also is worried about my ex. I still like the joke I posted previously on the old face book site - I miss my Ex but my aim is improving:icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2009, 10:55:25 am »
Brett,

Don't knock those chnlove video's too much, they give a perfect example of the amount of photoshopping that goes on at these agencies, The differences are sometimes truly amazing, you would never of guessed that they were the same person in the agency photo's!!  ...hahahaha!!

Hahaha, ...your going to make her sit a standard English test, now that should be something to see!!
The way you came out with it, just made me roll up here!! ...lol!!  

David....

Offline Neil

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2009, 06:36:56 pm »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='16011' dateline='1252493958'

Wow, that's beautiful note. If my beloved wants to get married I am dreading the wedding, but mainly because my family just don't seem to be that interested in what I'm doing.

What kind of job does Nina do? I got my fingers burnt trying to suggest my beloved would like to do a different career, perhaps in China if you become one thing it's not the done thing to do something else.

Nina's in sales.  She can strike up a conversation with anyone and is very easy to talk to, very smart and has a good sense of humor.  

Quote from: 'Rhonald'

Do you get good audio from your webcam sessions? The video feed is okay but sometimes freezes while our audio is very hit or miss. Thus we usually don't bother turning it on and just use video and typing.

I tried talking and she could hear me fine, but I couldn't hear her at all.  I thought maybe it was a setting I missed but maybe it was just a bad audio connection.  I hope we can get around that.  She has the sweetest voice.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2009, 11:31:29 pm »
Brett, David is right, your lady speaking English will help move your relationship forward at a high speed with little problems, I said little not without any problems but it does help a lot, when I met Zhou she spoke very good English and our relationship moved forward at a great amount of speed, I learned in one month what takes some of the guys here 3 or 4 months to get, if she can write basic English then you can stop the EMF's and use them only for important things or deep or fine points.
Good luck and best wishes.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2009, 12:03:50 am »
Haha , that reminds me ... why do it the easy way ... when you can do it the hard way ?:angel:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2009, 05:06:26 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='16057' dateline='1252535816'

I tried talking and she could hear me fine, but I couldn't hear her at all.  I thought maybe it was a setting I missed but maybe it was just a bad audio connection.  I hope we can get around that.  She has the sweetest voice.

Yes similar problem for us at times. Try talking and when you want to hear her reply, mute your mic. By switching back and forth like this we could communicate by voice. I found this iratating so usually don't bother. But like you, sometimes I wish to hear her voice so I enable audio for a while to be serenaded by her voice.

brett

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2009, 05:25:37 am »
If you're using Skype it sometimes helps if you alternate who calls who.

Offline Neil

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2009, 08:03:52 pm »
So, today I went to my lawyer and got my divorce order.  It occurred to me that I'm not sure what I need to do next to prepare to get married.  I know I have 14 months but I should start to prepare for that day as soon as possible.  It looks like I can't start the immigration process until we're married, is that right Rhonald and Martin?