Author Topic: Chinese Valentines day Thursday August 20, 2009  (Read 4284 times)

Vince G

RE: Chinese Valentines day Thursday August 20, 2009
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 11:50:29 pm »
OK seeing all these dates I did as search on it and it seems nobody knows? All different dates for this year, but 3 out of 10 said August 20, 2009 is the Chinese Valentines Day. Greg if she said the 7th month of the new year it's counted from February, their New Year.

feisnik

As you may or may not know, this August 26th (or July 7th on lunar calendar) is Chinese traditional Valentine's Day. It is a perfect time to send flowers and express your feelings to your loved ones in China. I usually use http://www.CNflowerNet.com as they are affordable and have really good customer service. You can pay with Google CheckOut or PayPal here. I have also used http://www.chinaflower214.com and been very happy with their service as well!

You can read more about this festival at http://feisnik.blogspot.com/2009/08/qixi-festival.html

Arnold

Thanks Nik ,
what's Fei's address ? :angel:

Thanks for reminding us of this day , will mark it down right now . Those dates are sure confusing :icon_confused:

Offline ahkiwi

What's you opinions of the chnlove store?

I haven't yet requested an address for the lady I'm corresponding with although she has one available (& a phone number). It's certainly convenient but more expensive.
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

feisnik

Quote from: 'ahkiwi' pid='13427' dateline='1250692542'

What's you opinions of the chnlove store?

I haven't yet requested an address for the lady I'm corresponding with although she has one available (& a phone number). It's certainly convenient but more expensive.

My opinion? Expensive & limited, but some nice stuff, nonetheless.

Offline ahkiwi

No problems with delivery, etc, that you know of?

Not that I have much choice at this point :-/
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

shaun

Nik,

I need some advice.  Luaping has been away for 3 weeks in the town she grew up in. She is attending to her mother in the hospital.  Her translator only wants to communicate and these are her words, "This is my private email address. If you have any problem you can leave me the message on chnlove, then i can see and reply much sooner."

I am assuming she means EMF since I do not see a button that says talk with translator. Chnlove gave me the email address.

Luaping has a cell phone but it does not work in her home town outside of Changsha.  I imagine her restaurant is shut down unless she is letting her employees run it while she is gone.

I would like to send her a gift for Chinese Valentines Day but I don't know how to get it to her or when she will be back.  What is the proper thing to do?  Should I send it to the translator and see if they can take it to her? Or should I ask the translator to keep it there and let the flowers die and when Luaping returns she can see I tried?

It would be much better if I were there and could take care of it myself.

Shaun
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:27:24 am by shaun »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 10:22:32 am »
An extract from my ladies letter today 22nd August...

"It will be the Chinese Valentines day next week, sweetheart, have you heard the story about " Niu lang " and " Zhi nu "? There were two person called Niu lang and Zhi nu in the ancient China. Zhi Nu was said to be the youngest of seven daughters of the Queen of Heaven. With her sisters, she worked hard to weave beautiful clouds in the sky, while Niu Lang was a poor orphan cowherd, driven out of his home by his elder brother and his cruel wife.Niu Lang lamented over his lonely and poor life with an old cow, his only friend and companion. The magical cow kindly told him of a way to find a beautiful and nice woman as his life companion.

Under the direction of the cow, Niu Lang went to the riverside on an evening, where the seven fairies slipped out of their heavenly palace to bathe. He took one of the beautiful silk dresses the fairies had left on the bank. When the fairies left the water, the youngest couldn't find her clothes and had to see her sisters fly back to heaven without her.
Then Niu Lang came out with the dress and asked the youngest fairy, Zhi Nu, to stay with him.

Several years passed on Earth, which were only a few days in heaven. Niu Lang and Zhi Nu lived happily together and had two children before the Queen of Heaven discovered Zhi Nu's absence.She was so annoyed she had Zhi Nu brought back to heaven. Seeing his beloved wife flying in the sky, Niu Lang was terrified. He caught sight of the cowhide hanging on a wall. The magical cow had told him before dying of old age: "Keep the cowhide for emergency use."

Putting the cowhide on, he went after his wife with his two children.With the help of the cowhide, Niu Lang was able to follow Zhi Nu into heaven. He was about to reach his wife when the Queen showed up and pulled off her hairpin to draw a line between the two. The line became the Silver River in heaven, or the Milky Way.

Zhi Nu went back to the heavenly workshop, going on weaving the clouds. But she was so sad, and missed her husband across the Silver River so much that the clouds she weaved seemed sad. Finally, the Queen showed a little mercy, allowing the couple to meet once every year on the Silver River. The date is Seventh July in Chinese luna calendar"

Offline Danny

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:48 am »
Quote from: 'UK Mark' pid='5319' dateline='1244662083'

Chinese : ???????
Pinyin : jiĆ g?i w? ba, h?o ma?

I'd have to ask this in writing. I think even if I wanted to ask my throat and mouth would dry up and I wouldn't be able to say a word *laughs*

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
Danny, good luck with her answer, I hope she says yes to you.
Good luck and best wishes in this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:05:10 am by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS