All About China > Chinese Culture And Festivals

Chinese Movies - See a Chinese movie? share it here.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Vince G:
Just looking through some movies? There was a movie I was looking for that I seen but can't remember the title? But anyway came across this, I haven't seen it yet but seemed fitting for some wondering in the forum here.

How Far Do Leaves Fall? (2007)

'How Far Do Leaves Fall?' is part of a wider oral history project by CMHA. It presents a fascinating personal history of Chinese immigration in London. How did it feel leaving your home and arriving in a strange country where you didn't speak the language? Can you truly live comfortably, embracing all elements of your heritage, whilst living in a modern British society? In oral history interviews Chinese immigrants discuss issues of community, belonging and assimilation, whilst the second and third generations describe life between these two rich and vibrant cultures and what their roots and heritage mean to them.Found the other movie I was looking for "Shanghai Kiss" the movie makes me think of Chong. :icon_biggrin:

Buzz:
"The Road Home" is a must see.  I asked my lady what movies she watched and she recommended; "If you are the one".  I found this very interesting, as it is a Chinese guy looking for a wife on-line.  Even this guy struck out many times.

wilsbrough:
I know it's been mentioned, but if you like your Chinese epics, Hero is amazing, also (i think most would have seen this) House of flying daggers, and Red Cliff are fantastic and very visual films. Another film i liked is called Dumplings. And although not Chinese, Mongol is good. Personally i love Japanese horror, if so check out The Ring, and The grudge. (not the rubbish American remakes) And if you like Anime, then Akira is a classic, along with Fist of the North Star, and The Ninja Scrolls. Happy viewing

Andy.

feisnik:

--- Quote from: 'wilsbrough' pid='13623' dateline='1250795404' ---
I know it's been mentioned, but if you like your Chinese epics, Hero is amazing, also (i think most would have seen this) House of flying daggers, and Red Cliff are fantastic and very visual films. Another film i liked is called Dumplings. And although not Chinese, Mongol is good. Personally i love Japanese horror, if so check out The Ring, and The grudge. (not the rubbish American remakes) And if you like Anime, then Akira is a classic, along with Fist of the North Star, and The Ninja Scrolls. Happy viewing

Andy.

--- End quote ---

Andy, I agree, House of Flying Daggers and Red Cliff are in my top 10 movies of all time. Mongol is also great, gives you some great history of North China too.

Scottish_Rob:
Dumplings...hahaha I bet Martin watched that and drooled...lol:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version