Author Topic: Best place for retirement in China ?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline daghoi

Best place for retirement in China ?
« on: August 22, 2009, 04:21:41 am »
Where do you guys think is the best place for retirement in china ?
Or if you chose to split the time between your home country and china, where to stay when in china ?

I would probably consider things like, infrastructure, climate, healthcare, pollution, nature scenery, entertainment etc

So if you look away from just the home town of your woman, what would you consider the best place for retirement and why ? When you consider things mentioned above.

Offline Chong

RE: Best place for retirement in China ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 05:37:31 am »
Though I haven't been there, I would put in a vote for Beihai. It's noted for it's 'air freshness, waterfront garden citylike atmosphere, fishing and beaches'. It's located facing the Beihu Gulf in Southern China. According to the following link, Beihai, Zhuhai, Weihai and Xiamen was voted as the 4 most liveable cities in China ...

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/guangxi/beihai/

I asked my girlfriend and her vote is for Hainan ... also in Southern China. She has been there several times. It's known as the "Oriental Hawaii" ...

http://www.travelchinaguide.com/cityguides/hainan/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 05:55:30 am by Chong »

Offline daghoi

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 05:57:27 am »
Thanks Chong.

I hope more people will share their opinion.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:11:58 am »
although I've only been there once, will be able to say twice in 4 wks, but Changchun is far off the tourist path and very inexpensive. It's quite a modern traditional chinese city but I'm more seriously thinking that I'll retire there when my day comes. It's very far north and resembles Minnesota here in the states so I prepare for very cold winters but if Im with my wife, could I ask for anyone else I'd rather be stuck indoors with?.... nope...
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:20:15 am »
I would say Zhuhai.Warm weather all year long.Not to big.Close to Hong Kong.Travel to the outside world or around China is easy.By boat plane or busThere is a expat community there.Plenty to see and do.Fairly enexpensive to live.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 12:31:44 pm »
I am saying Xiamen because it is close to the country side, has an airport for incountry travel and you can reach Taiwan, we have family there and where they live it is a slower life style, not to mention that I like it there.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:32:39 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:15:23 pm »
I personally fell in Love with HangZhou ( the Tea Capital of China ) for it's beautiful Hills and Lakes and more beautiful Parks that one can count . Very relaxed Atmosphere " IN " and " AROUND " the City . Also only 80 minutes by Train from Shanghai ( my Wife's hometown ) .
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:16:24 pm by Arnold »