Author Topic: New ways to talk to your lady?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
New ways to talk to your lady?
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:14:32 pm »
Hello

I was wondering what everyone finds the best and most enjoyable way to talk to their ladies, QQ, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Skype?

How about this, this is maybe for the 40 and under crowd(guys older not counting you out but don't know if you do this.)
Playstation 3's online world. Kid you not, I am playing my PS3(any red blooded American male reguardless of age loves video games) and I tried playing around with something I didnt know existed before. Apparently you can make a Avatar, detail the body structure, face structure, skin color, eye shape and width and so on down to the last detail. Super detailed. Than you go online to Sonys virtual world and interact with people, what the frak?  Strange I know but this could be a interesting way to communicate with your lady or with fellow guys from this forum.
What does everyone think? This is all new and strange to me.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
RE: New ways to talk to your lady?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »
Quote from: 'yoshiii' pid='14067' dateline='1251080072'

Hello

I was wondering what everyone finds the best and most enjoyable way to talk to their ladies, QQ, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, Skype?

Face to Face :sleepy:

But I know what you mean - I use Yahoo chat, but still sucks compared to my above answer.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:49:58 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Ed W

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:54:05 pm »
interesting yes, but i dont find any advantage or how it is better than EMF's/agency translations.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Bob

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:00 pm »
I have been using MSN Messenger with Video cam almost every night with my wife, and also using Google translator, that works well most of the time. In many places in China they only have 56k band speed. (perhaps in the more larger common cities like Beijing and Shanghai they probably offer high speed capability, and even then many will still use the less expensive 56k speed)  Well as most of you know, you cannot jam to much info through the 56k band phone line, sometimes we will get some lagging when using the video cam, but all in all it works pretty good and serves us well.(I am using High speed broadband cable and it is fine for everything I do., no sense of getting anything faster because my wife is using 56k! it would be useless for me to get even faster Extreme high speed internet and pay more.)

Yoshii,
           About your idea of using PS3, well many of the 40+ year old ladies in China do not have that much computer skills, they know the very basic stuff, and many do not even have a computer in there homes,(never mind a PS3). Having a detailed custom Avatar does not mean anything to them, they simply want to communicated with there male boyfriend or husbands from abroad, they are not concerned with some cartoon style image (Please do not take this personally, I am simply saying how most of them will probably think about that). Maybe the younger girls 18 to 25 would appreciate such a thing and would find it cool, but not the older women. But hay, you are free to try it. I understand you were thinking the more younger women and men would go for this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 11:37:03 pm by Bob »

ttwjr32

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:29 am »
Very interesting.  we use yahoo messenger and web cam two times a day for an hour
  or two. when she wakes up and when she arrives home from work. wow we talk so
  much i imagine when i move there next month we will be all out of talking and will
  just lay there and watch tv.   hahaha just joking :icon_cheesygrin:
  Ted

David5o

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:01:10 am »
Bob,

Most cities, towns and suburbs that i know of in China only supply DSN connections now, where there is a computer involved. The telphones lines are getting too conjested, for 56k computer use. I bet if your lady went to the telephone company, they would be only too pleased to give her a DSN connection. I have been to some pretty remote areas in China over the years, and i can't think of a single place that i've been to, that didn't have an Internet cafe. The standard speed of the connection in China is between 1 and 2 Mb, depending where you are. But imformation is 3 or more years old now, it could only of improved.....

David....

Offline Bob

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 09:00:42 pm »
Most cities, towns and suburbs that i know of in China only supply DSN connections now, where there is a computer involved. The telphones lines are getting too conjested, for 56k computer use. I bet if your lady went to the telephone company, they would be only too pleased to give her a DSN connection. I have been to some pretty remote areas in China over the years, and i can't think of a single place that i've been to, that didn't have an Internet cafe. The standard speed of the connection in China is between 1 and 2 Mb, depending where you are. But imformation is 3 or more years old now, it could only of improved.....

David, thanks for the info, I was under the impression that most remote areas only offered 56k speed. The reason why I thought this is because when I was in China I asked a friend and that is what he told me, and this is what my wife is using:s. I will try to find out if they offer DSN in her area, would make things a bit better when communicating via Video cam with her family when she arrives here. I want to set-up a computer with a Chinese version of Windows so that my wife can communicate with the family back home in China.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 09:01:45 pm by Bob »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 03:32:17 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='14102' dateline='1251120689'

Very interesting.  we use yahoo messenger and web cam two times a day for an hour
  or two. when she wakes up and when she arrives home from work.

I do not know how you can do that to Sisi ,Ted.  What with rebuilding the house for you single handed, making a driveway for your monster truck and going out to work to get set for your arrival.  I think either you get over here fast or give her at least ten minutes a day to her self.
OR when you get here she will sleep for two weeks non stop -
 hard luck mate.

Willy

Both Zhuhai and Shaoguan both have high speed internet access
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:36:04 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

David5o

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 06:47:44 am »
Bob,

Remote areas may still only have 56k, but if there's an internet cafe in the area, it normally means that the telephone company also has DSN available too. It may be limited to the area surrounding that internet cafe, ...but it does mean they will be expanding in that overall district to DSN. Best thing is to ask your lady to call the telephone company and ask, if it's available and if not, do they know when it will be (things tend to move quite fast in China in the telecom world).

You didn't say where your lady live's so i can't really judge if it's as remote as your saying here.

I know one thing, China has a far better telecoms system than we have here in Cyprus. We only got DSN, last year, before that, we had to use a very congested 56k system. Sometimes that speed was down to just 9k, and believe it or not, all be it jerky and slow, i could still be using webcam!! ....amazing!! haha!!
Even then it was only 1Mb a couple of months ago it was upgraded to 2Mb ...both are still in my opinion far too slow. Really need 4Mb, when you consider your unlikely to ever get the speed they quote in there advertising, ...the buggers always say ''up to'' ....hahaha!!

David....

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:16:18 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='14307' dateline='1251271937'

I do not know how you can do that to Sisi ,Ted.  What with rebuilding the house for you single handed, making a driveway for your monster truck and going out to work to get set for your arrival.  I think either you get over here fast or give her at least ten minutes a day to her self.
 hard luck mate.

Willy

Hey Willy,
i hope not but if she sleeps for two weeks i will drift on over to see
you and Xia   hahahahaha   i decided to leave the hummer at home
so no need to install the driveway.  but on a serious note it is amazing
to me what this lady has done for my arrival i have never had anyone
do this much. before it was if i wanted to get something done i always
had to do it myself. i wish i could do something for her this far away but the journey there is almost time to happen. then i can do for her some things for all she has done for me.
Ted

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 12:08:03 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='14341' dateline='1251303378'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='14307' dateline='1251271937'

hard luck mate.

Willy

Hey Willy,
   i decided to leave the hummer at home
so no need to install the driveway. Ted

Who was talking about a motor vehicle?  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,