Author Topic: Determining her personality  (Read 3445 times)

brett

RE: Determining her personality
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 04:12:14 pm »
I don't know what kind of interior design she does, but with the Chinese getting interested in real estate she's in a massive growth market I'd guess.

I would think my lady will love to go shopping, so I will be keeping an eye on her when we meet in Guangzhou! She hasn't mentioned shopping as much as some of the other girls though, so I might be lucky.

All the chnlove ladies have similar hobbies though (shopping, karaoke, music, dancing, keeping fit) although one mentioned she was a really good kick boxer :s.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 04:51:44 pm »
Kick boxer? Can I have the profile number please :angel: I need to improve my Karate!

Vince, the Chinese produce thousands of millionnaires each year, there is a huge market for that there. Also the business market is big, take restaurants for example, in Hangzhou there are some that change their whole interior each year to stay fashionable, otherwise no customers. The hip bars here in Paris are third world like compared to some of the stuff I've seen in China, same goes for hotels, even in remote tiny town you find just incredible design in the newer ones. But their taste is way too extravagant compared to the West, that's why I think at least some adaptation will be necessary.

Shopoholic Vince, did you meet a Shanghai Princess?:icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 04:53:11 pm by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 05:01:05 pm »
I will question my beloved on her job some time, but I don't think my Mandarin is up to that standard yet (in fact all I can say so far is hello!). She had heard of the concept of feng shui though, which was hugely trendy in the UK for a while.

Sadly I culled my favourites list so I can't find the kickboxer anymore. She was lovely, but that hobby gave me the fear.

Shanghai girls are seriously hot, I found a smoking hot one on chnlove but she turned me down :icon_confused:. Oh well my current girl seems a bit more down to earth, and tongues won't wag quite so much when I turn up with her to family occasions. Do the Chinese city girls dress as outlandishly as the Japanese 20somethings in Shibuya and Harajuku? Seeing Japanese girls walking around wearing thigh high stockings and stillettos made my eyes mist over :s.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 07:32:33 pm »
aaaaah Brett, watch out for Shanghai Princess syndrome,Gucci, Chanel, Dior, Versace.... they want it all and no housework either! If that's what you're into, go and have a look at russian brides as well :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

Vince G

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 07:49:15 pm »
No Voice she's from Shenyang not Shanghai, and not a Princess for sure. She likes to shop. She doesn't buy high end clothing or accessories just what she likes and that's just everyday clothing. Like the electronic translator. I suggested maybe it would help her and the next day she bought one. A few months later she felt it wasn't that good so she asked which to buy? I told her Besta and the next day she had one. If that's her only habit I can live with it.

brett

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 04:20:56 am »
Voiceroveip: If I wanted a princess I would have found a lady on foreignladies.com, ha ha ha there are some awesome Russians on there but you just know the relationship would end in an expensive divorce.

I have now confirmed my lady is indeed an interior designer (her photo is on the company's website). It's all Chinese to me, but it appears they do interiors for offices, trade show stands, that kind of thing. It's just the kind of company that tells you that China will soon be an economic superpower (if it isn't already).

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 04:23:49 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='14921' dateline='1251666065'

I will question my beloved on her job some time, but I don't think my Mandarin is up to that standard yet (in fact all I can say so far is hello!). She had heard of the concept of feng shui though, which was hugely trendy in the UK for a while.

Brett
Here are few more wods for you before your course starts.  These and about 30 other lessons got me on the road to Mandarin.  These were specially prepared for me.  My girl is also going through a Chinese English version

http://www.tolaministry.com/cornerstonebackingtracks/id226.html

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

brett

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 04:31:24 am »
Thanks. I'm booked on a Mandarin course in work, but it doesn't start until October.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 04:03:49 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='15066' dateline='1251762555'

No Voice she's from Shenyang not Shanghai, and not a Princess for sure. She likes to shop. She doesn't buy high end clothing or accessories just what she likes and that's just everyday clothing. Like the electronic translator. I suggested maybe it would help her and the next day she bought one. A few months later she felt it wasn't that good so she asked which to buy? I told her Besta and the next day she had one. If that's her only habit I can live with it.

Well that's good news:angel: She's a bit like me then ... although I buy the best on the first run, or I try!
Biut you've got nothing to worry about then, just the Shanghai princesses can be a bit painful at times.

Quote from: 'brett' pid='15098' dateline='1251793256'

Voiceroveip: If I wanted a princess I would have found a lady on foreignladies.com, ha ha ha there are some awesome Russians on there but you just know the relationship would end in an expensive divorce.

I have now confirmed my lady is indeed an interior designer (her photo is on the company's website). It's all Chinese to me, but it appears they do interiors for offices, trade show stands, that kind of thing. It's just the kind of company that tells you that China will soon be an economic superpower (if it isn't already).

Hey translate the page with google translate, works quite well even if a bit flowery sometimes.
China WILL BE? an economic super power? ROFL, if they cut the US credit line, there will be civil war in the US...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:07:15 pm by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »
#7777 on China Love.

Evelyn Huang
30 Years old
from Zhanjiang/Guangdong , China

Profile ID: P658091

Seven
The number 7 (?, Pinyin: q?) symbolizes "togetherness". It is a lucky number for relationships. It is also recognized as the luckiest number in the West, and is one of the rare numbers that is great in both Chinese and many Western cultures. It is a lucky number in Chinese culture, because it sounds alike to the Chinese character ? (Pinyin: qi3) meaning arise.

Be the first in line, this one will go fast.