Author Topic: Chinese women and real looks vs touch up photo looks  (Read 10769 times)

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
Chinese women and real looks vs touch up photo looks
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:25:17 am »
Hello

I know that women wear make up, some more than others.  But I wonder why many women from this site wears so much make up that when you see their normal picture they look so different.

A lady that I am writing to now showed me some of her normal pictures and she looks different. You can still tell its her and she is pretty but she looks so different.

Has everyone else experienced this?  Kind of scary to see a picture of someone and than later see how they actually look and be surprised at how they look    
I am living in Japan right now and some Japanese women wears tons of make up, but most don't. But here you can tell pretty much how someone looks even with make up on.
I have not seen too many times  a lady here looking totally different when wearing make up compared to their non make up look.
I have seen some Chinese ladies here to that live here and even then they don't wear so much make up that they look totally different.

Maybe it is a China thing.

Offline Hajo

RE: Chinese women and real looks vs touch up photo looks
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:18 am »
Yoshiii, I experienced the same, but I went for her personality. I attach a picture of her profile and a natural. It's quite a difference.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 01:13:44 pm »
What I find they do more then makeup is lighten the skin tone (as in Hajo's lady). This hides facial wrinkles and brings the eyes out more. Also it hides the nose which is why some don't look the same. In Hajo's if you look they pointed the face more. To westerners this gives a more elegant feminine, younger look. I don't think they should be doing this. These woman are pretty to begin with.

My ladies photos they did the same with the skin tone. It's her hair though, no wig or style change. She wears little makeup, some but not allot. About the same in the photos. She seems to be worried I won't like her looks? I can't get across to her I know what she looks like "Plain".

David5o

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 01:19:22 pm »
Vince

Ooooooooh!!  Say that to a western woman/wife and you'd be getting a smack across the chops,  hahaha!!
Jeez, .... i really hope you don't tell her that!!!!   lol!!
David....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 01:23:03 pm by David5o »

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 01:42:29 pm »
Tell her what? about the little makeup, plain? (no makeup at all) She told me, and the plain photos she sent. I'm very honest to any woman. Haven't been smacked yet. A few took it to far of what I said but... I see it this way, if they can't take honesty? go find someone else.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 02:05:26 pm »
The pale skin thing is weird. I was shopping for soap there and every one of them had "whitening" listed as a property (anotherwords bleach!) , in the end i just bough some Johnsons baby soap as i sure as hell dont need to bleach my laowai, whiter than snow, skin any more white!

Check out the amount of umbrellas in the picture below (at back entrance to Forbidden City, Beijing a couple of weeks ago) it wasn't raining by the way!

[attachment=581]

Ling said she isnt bothered by this but when I took a photo of her with her friend and granny at her apartment, after we got back from Malaysia, the first comment she made was how dark she looked with dismay on her face.
Personally I love the darker skin but each to their own i guess.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

David5o

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 03:15:50 pm »
Ronan,

This thing about being light and dark skinned. This stems from the assumption that if your are dark skinned, you are associated as being a peasant, that works in the fields or being from a peasant family .

Now days even the peasants don't want to be dark, if you go out in the countryside you'll see all the field workers wrapped up to the nine's to stop them getting any darker. you've seen from the shops, just how far their prepared to go to keep there skin lighter too!! ...haha!!

It's exactly the same thing in most of the Asian, and South East Asian countries. Even here in Cyprus, we have Filipinos working out in the open, and even in 40c heat, you can't see a single area of skin, they even work in the darkest sunglasses you can buy !! ...hahaha!!

So there you have it, they don't want to be associated as being from a peasant family!!

David.....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:17:07 pm by David5o »

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 04:22:24 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='14356' dateline='1251314150'
So there you have it, they don't want to be associated as being from a peasant family!!

David.....

It's weird isn't it, in the west being pasty white is a bad thing and "unhealthy" so everyone is try to get a tan, lol

Maybe if we told them "you look like a peasant" they'll cover up and stop getting skin cancer.

Humans, strange creatures

(we need a /facepalm icon :icon_cheesygrin:)
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Offline yoshiii

• Trust no one Mr. Moulder
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 04:58:05 pm »
Same in Japan. But mostly its the older women(40 plus who are paranoid about getting darker) that walk around trying not to become dark.

Do the women from the different parts of China have different shades of skin tone?  I have noticed that some of the pictures that I see of women from mainland seem to be darker compared to their pictures, where I have friends  that are from Taiwan  that are a lighter shade of the Chinese skin tone.  
It doesn't  matter to me about their skin color, but it is kind of odd that they are so concerned about whitening their skin.
It is backwards from the states.  
Here in Japan their is a difference between people from Okinawa and people from the mainland of Japan.
Most of the Chinese ladies that I see here are lighter in color.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 05:00:37 pm by yoshiii »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 05:12:17 pm »
mmmmmmmm.........
Dont get me started on this theme again...makes my blood boil. !!!!!
Their photos are "photo-shopped", back lit, and tone enhanced, often a wig is used to get more "curly" hair...and of course, a push-up bra is mandatory !!!.
As I was told by 2 Agencies...........it makes them fit more into what they think is attractive to western men.
What you see aint what you get.
If when you see her in reality and you think she is better than the photo...no problem.

But if not............cheated !!
I wish, I wish they wouldnt do it....but they wont stop, gets more EMF's that way
DavidE

David5o

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 12:54:54 pm »
David E,

have you managed to get your normal  non-photo shopped Photo's from your lady yet?? If you have, was there a vast difference in your perception of her, ...in the way of her looks ??

David....

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 04:45:27 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='14492' dateline='1251392094'

David E,

have you managed to get your normal  non-photo shopped Photo's from your lady yet?? If you have, was there a vast difference in your perception of her, ...in the way of her looks ??

David....

David

YES, and YES...I will say no more !!!...or I probably will explode :):)

David

Offline Manuel

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 06:42:37 pm »
The main problems are over-retouched photos and many of them are very old, at least 5 to 10 years old. Just make a search for women about 50 and you'll see young ladies in her thirties

After being shocked by the big difference between the profile photos and recent ones I added this to my profile:

"If I'm so lucky you answer my Cupid Note or send me an Admirer Mail, I do really appreciate if you are so kind to provide recent photos. They doesn't need to be expensive studio photos, just natural ones at home, park, ... I promise to do the same."
TRADUTTORE, TRADITORE

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 08:01:17 pm »
So Manuel, no more cupid notes since then? :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

Offline sumo

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »
I think you have to take these photos with a grain of salt. We all know that these photos have been photo shopped by the agencies. Sure they look really nice when touched up but hey, everyone does it. Just look at any magazine and you will see all the models photoshopped as well. If you see the models without makeup, you will definitely see a big difference as well. I just wish that the ladies would also send their un-touched photos in their EMF's as well without us guys begging for it.