Author Topic: Planning my first trip to China  (Read 6242 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Planning my first trip to China
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:07 am »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='15115' dateline='1251800082'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='14873' dateline='1251644053'

I really am looking forward to catching up with you. I didn't want to be a nuisance for you. But I am really looking forward to it.

I have been practicing the words for ice cold beer: ????

When I am over there it is going to be the grand final of the real footy (australian rules football).

Now this is a real game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwNHXcJ3rXs

Auusie rules - Well at least i have reason to misdirect you to the ladies instead of the gents.  After Xia did this to me I soon learned the Chinese sign for women so beter start learning.  But I know you Aussies -you'll send your daughter in first and then take the opposite one!!!

The only thing I know about Aussie rules was when we did and the world was nearly all a pinky colour.  

Do you remember those days Rob?

Look forward to meeting you in Zhuhai - I think you will miss Ted's wedding in Guangzhou.  I want to go to see how its done. And I do mean the marriage and not the nuptials.  
The nuptials I can catch up on when sharing their bed for the weekend!!!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 08:13:09 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='15129' dateline='1251806827'

Quote from: 'Danny' pid='15115' dateline='1251800082'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='14873' dateline='1251644053'

I really am looking forward to catching up with you. I didn't want to be a nuisance for you. But I am really looking forward to it.

I have been practicing the words for ice cold beer: ????

When I am over there it is going to be the grand final of the real footy (australian rules football).

Now this is a real game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwNHXcJ3rXs

Auusie rules - Well at least i have reason to misdirect you to the ladies instead of the gents.  After Xia did this to me I soon learned the Chinese sign for women so beter start learning.  But I know you Aussies -you'll send your daughter in first and then take the opposite one!!!

The only thing I know about Aussie rules was when we did and the world was nearly all a pinky colour.  

Do you remember those days Rob?

Look forward to meeting you in Zhuhai - I think you will miss Ted's wedding in Guangzhou.  I want to go to see how its done. And I do mean the marriage and not the nuptials.  
The nuptials I can catch up on when sharing their bed for the weekend!!!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy

Willy,
Yes you can have the bed we will stay at the grand hotel that night
hahahahaha
Ted
Ok Willy,
I am going to hve to send batman
to have a chat with you
hahahaha
Ted
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:18:44 am by ttwjr32 »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 08:20:01 am »
Aussie Rules...isn't that a game where aal the guy's want to do is grope each other???:blush:

Pink I remember mate, A glowing Empire were everyone knew us... hehe:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

But now look what has happened since we gave the Australians, Americans and others back their countries:huh:

Here hold on:huh::huh: What am I doing agreeing with an Englishman....lol:angel:
Your lot murdered William Wallace:@

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 10:03:34 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='15132' dateline='1251807601'

Here hold on:huh::huh: What am I doing agreeing with an Englishman....lol:angel:
Your lot murdered William Wallace:@

No No No.  we did not murder him we butchered him.  I know I saw Mel Gibson die like a Saturday night Scotsman in the film.   Arms ands legs outstretched and 'dead' to the world.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

brett

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:30 am »
???? ? How the heck do you say that?

I've just spoken to my lady on MSN/Skype and her pronunciation of words like "Guangzhou" is leaving me really very perplexed :huh:. Oh well, her English is much better than I thought and I don't even think I will need to hire a translator, or even buy a translation device. And as a bonus she can understand Cantonese.

I would love to arrange a Guangzhou meeting in October with my fellow brothers. I think I am available on the 5-7th October inclusive. I am meeting my beloved on the 8th, so I'd better not drink too much the night before lol.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 10:48:08 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='15154' dateline='1251815190'

???? ? How the heck do you say that?

I would love to arrange a Guangzhou meeting in October with my fellow brothers. I think I am available on the 5-7th October inclusive. I am meeting my beloved on the 8th, so I'd better not drink too much the night before lol.

Brett

If you can resist seeing her for three days on your arrival you can put it off for another four or five!!!!!  Having had a week back in UK and arrived back on the evening of the 6th I will not get out of bed until 8th or 9th at earliest.

I am sure she will not mind!!!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

brett

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 11:01:24 am »
I am around in Guangzhou on the 12-14th as well I think although I don't know for certain as it depends how long I will spend in Hubei province. Hell, if we get on well I might not come back to the UK lol.

I think if we decide we are really good together then I will go out again at Christmas, being in China with my beloved would beat turkey and the Queen's speech.

Offline Danny

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 05:57:46 pm »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='15149' dateline='1251813814'

No No No.  we did not murder him we butchered him.  I know I saw Mel Gibson die like a Saturday night Scotsman in the film.   Arms ands legs outstretched and 'dead' to the world.

Willy

And look what a mess you made of him. After you finished with him, only a gold digging Russian singer would have him. Poor fellow *laughs*

ttwjr32

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:19 pm »
Brett,
when your in gz message me and maybe we can meet and have a drink.
i will see if willy can gat out of bed to go along also  he is not that far away.
its tough for him after a trip the old man needs his rest   hahahahahaha
Ted

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 07:20:19 pm »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='15195' dateline='1251842266'

Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='15149' dateline='1251813814'

Willy

And look what a mess you made of him. After you finished with him, only a gold digging Russian singer would have him. Poor fellow *laughs*

Danny

Which one of us Aussies is gonna put the Scotsman straight about Aussie Rules Footie ???? :huh::@

DavidE

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2009, 10:08:07 pm »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='15158' dateline='1251817284'

I think if we decide we are really good together then I will go out again at Christmas, being in China with my beloved would beat turkey and the Queen's speech.

Hey Ted is he talking about us.  I know we said we will try to meet up but this is a bit much.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2009, 09:18:39 pm »
Hello Seagull

I just read your post .  I think a lot of people is concerned about their first trip in other countries . Usually speaking , most foreigners will choose two weeks for their meeting , but someone only have three days or one week ,that depends on different situations .

If your meeting is successful , you may stay longer in Wuhan and shorter in Shanghai or other cities you want to visit , but if both of you feel not comfortable, you may stay longer in other cities . I think the plan is flexible , but some plans is also necessary . You may book five or seven nights firstly in Wuhan and then change depends on the situation .

You study mandarin and you also want to visit other scenic spots in China , I think that is available .  During my working period , there are many foreigners I guide to visit other places when their meeting is not successful .  But seagull , you may consider which places do you want to visit this time , that will help you make some plans , such as where do you want to visit in Shanghai ? Or whether you want to visit Great Wall ,forbidden city or other scenic spots in Beijing ?  Of course , if you have any other ideas , you can tell me , I would love to exchange more with you and give you some suggestions .

As for the translator , if both of you can communicate with each other easily , you may hire the translator shortly , If not , I think a true translator will be useful for your communication , yes, I think the cost  is not expensive in Wuhan .

Speaking of the time both you will spend together , I think both of you would better talk about the exact time before you come to China .But  a plan may not be able to keep up with changes, if both of you feel comfortable , I think the lady will get more days off . But sometimes that depends on different jobs the ladies do .

Lastly , I meet a lot of foreigners who bring a gift to the ladies for their first meeting , including different kinds of gift and the special things from their own hometown ,but someone doesn't bring any gift at all . If you want to send a gift to your lady , you may talk to her and understand what's her favorite .

Anyway , please take care of your first trip and if you have any other questions or meet some problems in China ,especially in Beijing , please tell me .  I will take my efforts to help you . Wish you have a nice and safe trip in China ! Enjoy yourself ! :heart:

Offline seagull

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2009, 03:28:44 am »
Hi "Chinese Knot", thanks for your long and encouraging reply.

I decided that I will probably just stick to Wuhan for my first trip and spend around 9 nights there. I bought a guide on China that has info on Wuhan and there seem to be a lot of things to see there. I would love to visit Beijing, Shanghai and the rest but my funds and time are limited for now. I will likely be in China for the October 60th anniversary of the PRC celebration and would love to have been in Beijing to see that but I'll be happy enough just to be anywhere in China to see what the festivities will be like.

I think if things are unsuccessful with the lady I correspond with, I will ask the agency if they have someone else and will just enjoy the sights of Wuhan. Other than that, I am not sure what other "back up plan" I can have other than pulling the plug on the trip altogether.

I was originally excited about all this and I was on the verge of booking the trip today, but suddenly some doubts entered my mind, just when after I entered my credit card details and was about to click "proceed" to book the hotel. I decided not to proceed with the booking. Instead I sent an EMF to the lady and asked her to be honest if she has any doubts about this at all. I'm sure she (or the translator) will come back and say that she has no doubts and that I should go ahead and book the trip. I will see what happens. Maybe it is just nerves getting the better of me. Cheers for your info :)

Quote from: 'Chinese Knot' pid='15309' dateline='1251940719'

Hello Seagull

I just read your post .  I think a lot of people is concerned about their first trip in other countries . Usually speaking , most foreigners will choose two weeks for their meeting , but someone only have three days or one week ,that depends on different situations .

If your meeting is successful , you may stay longer in Wuhan and shorter in Shanghai or other cities you want to visit , but if both of you feel not comfortable, you may stay longer in other cities . I think the plan is flexible , but some plans is also necessary . You may book five or seven nights firstly in Wuhan and then change depends on the situation .

You study mandarin and you also want to visit other scenic spots in China , I think that is available .  During my working period , there are many foreigners I guide to visit other places when their meeting is not successful .  But seagull , you may consider which places do you want to visit this time , that will help you make some plans , such as where do you want to visit in Shanghai ? Or whether you want to visit Great Wall ,forbidden city or other scenic spots in Beijing ?  Of course , if you have any other ideas , you can tell me , I would love to exchange more with you and give you some suggestions .

As for the translator , if both of you can communicate with each other easily , you may hire the translator shortly , If not , I think a true translator will be useful for your communication , yes, I think the cost  is not expensive in Wuhan .

Speaking of the time both you will spend together , I think both of you would better talk about the exact time before you come to China .But  a plan may not be able to keep up with changes, if both of you feel comfortable , I think the lady will get more days off . But sometimes that depends on different jobs the ladies do .

Lastly , I meet a lot of foreigners who bring a gift to the ladies for their first meeting , including different kinds of gift and the special things from their own hometown ,but someone doesn't bring any gift at all . If you want to send a gift to your lady , you may talk to her and understand what's her favorite .

Anyway , please take care of your first trip and if you have any other questions or meet some problems in China ,especially in Beijing , please tell me .  I will take my efforts to help you . Wish you have a nice and safe trip in China ! Enjoy yourself ! :heart:

brett

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2009, 04:02:20 am »
seagull: have you talked to your lady on webcam? It is a huge step forward from EMFs and you will both find it much easier to make a decision.

Incidentally, I think most agencies will supply you with other ladies to meet if your first one doesn't work out. There are some beautiful ladies in the Wuhan, Yichang, Changsha area!

Also if you've not travelled long haul before then take care as crossing 8 timezones is pretty tough on your body & mind.

Check wikitravel for travel tips as well, I found some fabulous non-guidebook listed sights in Japan from looking there.

Offline seagull

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 10:55:33 pm »
Hi Brett,

I have a new webcam but haven't had a chance to chat with her on it yet. I have chatted with her on QQ but we are hardly ever online at the same time. Fortunately, I am from Australia so it is "only" a 10-11 hour flight!

Something strange happened, she gave my QQ details to some guy without me knowing. I am only new to QQ so just accepting this person's friend request. I was online and he started chatting to me. At first I thought it was someone from the agency, because when I checked the details he was from Wuhan. But then it turned out to be a co-worker of hers. Really strange, I was chatting to him for a little bit and then I asked him why Kate (the lady I write to) gave him my contact details and then he disappears and goes offline.

Quote from: 'brett' pid='15343' dateline='1251964940'
seagull: have you talked to your lady on webcam? It is a huge step forward from EMFs and you will both find it much easier to make a decision.

Incidentally, I think most agencies will supply you with other ladies to meet if your first one doesn't work out. There are some beautiful ladies in the Wuhan, Yichang, Changsha area!

Also if you've not travelled long haul before then take care as crossing 8 timezones is pretty tough on your body & mind.

Check wikitravel for travel tips as well, I found some fabulous non-guidebook listed sights in Japan from looking there.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:00:14 pm by seagull »