Author Topic: notification to fiancé'  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Haynes

notification to fiancé'
« on: November 22, 2011, 01:52:56 am »
Hi
I put in my k2 visa  paper work 4 months ago it went to cal. center
So my sweetie listens to every one that says anything, also here cousin went to seattle and married 1 year ago, she told (Xin ) my fiancé' that she got notification of acceptance in the mail. So now she is all worried that something is wrong.
For all the US guys that put in for a fiancé' visa, Did they send notification to your fiancé' by mal also?
I think they call it P1
I hope she is wrong.

M

Offline Haynes

Re: notification to fiancé'
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:59:38 am »
PS
I got my NoA1 letter but they have not posted it as accepted should o worry about it?

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:30:00 am »
Haynes I'm a little confused. A K2 visa is a visa for somebody that is under 21.If somebody has applied for a K2 visa it has to be attached to a K1 visa which is a fiancee visa.which leads me to the conclusion you meant to type K1 and accidentally pushed the # 2 key.Or that you are trying to get your fiancee's kid a visa.

Either way I don't remember my wife receiving notification that I had filled a visa application in her name.What I did was I just told my wife when the application moved threw the system

Offline Haynes

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:42:40 am »
Hi Maxx
yes It is a K1 visa must have hit the wrong key
Xin has the file number and she knows how to get on USCIS and check the status.
my status has not change from day one. do the grey dots change color?
M

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 02:54:17 am »
Haynes I'm not sure what dots your talking about.I assume you are talking about USCIS web page.If you are I don't know.When I did this back in 2006 there was no web page.

I will contact are local expert.He knows all the ends and the outs of the visa process.And can give you a much better answear then I can.If you want to take a look threw all of the links he has posted in the last year his name is Robert snellgrove.He is a member on this site.so you can look his name up.And see what he posted.

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 08:08:03 am »
Yes Haynes -My blue dot  ;D was stuck in initial review for quite awhile -even though I checked it several times a day  :-\ then one day the blue dot had zipped over to the decision ;D
That was a happy day ;D
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:58:10 pm »
Haynes I'm not sure what dots your talking about.I assume you are talking about USCIS web page.If you are I don't know.When I did this back in 2006 there was no web page.

In fact, back then, they were using smoke signals to send information.  Maxx only learned of the internet quite recently.  HAHAHA

Offline Haynes

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 11:48:14 pm »
Hi
I want to thank you all for the information. But I have a dilemma.
When the USCIS  sent out my notice the post office sent it back as undeliverable.
this is what they sent me.
On August 10, 2011, the post office returned your document I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) as undeliverable. We will hold it for 180 days from August 10, 2011 to allow you time to contact us. If you do not contact us at 1-800-375-5283 within 180 days, this document will be destroyed and you will need to file a new application or application for replacement with fee.

so I called and they resent  it and I received it, but they have not shown it was excepted.
no dots have changed color. All are  still grey. I have called several times and they said I have to wait until the 5 months are up to find out what is going on.
they refuse to say anything else.
Martin thanks for some humor I could use some about now.
James I wish I had one blue dot. Xin would be happy.
Robert  thanks a lot of good info but where the hell were you 6 months ago. As the girls in china would say , hehe.
I think I will be in touch with you.
And again thanks to this forum,  what do they say ? oh live and learn.

Thanks  M

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 11:57:08 pm »
Well, you have the right guy answering your questions.  Robert is one of the best here when it comes to knowing about US immigration stuff.