Author Topic: Translation help please  (Read 14255 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: Translation help please
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2009, 07:19:02 am »
Then I would like to first the next, and last two days, busy, come back Seems weird and empty!

I would say that she wants to be the first and last.  and without you its weird and empty without you

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2009, 07:59:38 am »
Rob, thanks I did google it.

Actually I was offering to come for a weekend, then maybe do some business while she is busy, and come back the next weekend to see her again, but it would involve a lot of flying. That's why I wonder whether she wants to see me the weekend, or a little more. If you translate "last two days" alone, it comes out as weekend, so maybe she wants to see me the first and next day of the weekend, ... I need a native :icon_cry:

On a side note, I don't know what this girl is doing to me, but I'm feeling all jittery, emotional and fickle, can't get any work done since yesterday for lack of concentration. Can email romance do that to you?
Go deep or don't go

Offline Proteus

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2009, 09:13:21 am »
Hmmm, to be honest, it does not contain much affection and means,

I'll be off line right now. I'm busy this couple of days and will chat with you after I come back.

:-/

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2009, 09:29:25 am »
Well this is from QQ chat, that's not surprising.
Go deep or don't go

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2009, 10:36:19 am »
"...Can email romance do that to you? ...2

Yes it can and repeatedly does mate...:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Mate as you know I'm going in 6 weeks or less, and for the last month I have packed, unpacked, repacked, unrepacked and rerepacked again...

Nervy ...ME  *biting fingernails ALL the time....
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 10:39:07 am by Scottish_Rob »

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2009, 12:46:33 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='19501' dateline='1255098979'

Mate as you know I'm going in 6 weeks or less, and for the last month I have packed, unpacked, repacked, unrepacked and rerepacked again...

Nervy ...ME  *biting fingernails ALL the time....

Greetings Brothers,

Hahah Rob you are as bad as I am hehe I am doing the same thing.  Everytime I think my suitcase is set I find another piece of clothing I think I might need.  Plus I still have to find room for gifts and such.  Ahh the perils of moving your entire life over there, its hard to know what to take and what to leave behind.

Regards,

Zhen and Brian

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2009, 04:54:08 am »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='19501' dateline='1255098979'

Then this is the first time for me. For her too, unfortunately she's panicking and tempted to run from her feelings ... I learned that last night on QQ. I'm a bit depressed right now, I stopped the QQ session and agreed with her that I would write my heart through EMF to be as clear as possible. I did that last night, the wait is painful.
Go deep or don't go

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2009, 09:01:54 am »
Hi Everyone,

In her last letter to me after 'Dear John'  Fei wrote:  "Wo jin tian guo dei hen hao, xiexie."  Can anyone help me with this please?

I've tried google translation, IM and a couple of others but had no luck; also, in google, when I put in Chinese to English it keeps changing English to Vietnamese!  Why? Maybe it's me, I'm still new to this and a bit of a geek with this stuff.

Thanks, Johnboy
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2009, 09:15:07 am »
I think it means something like "Today I'm doing very good, thanks".
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2009, 10:22:49 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='19584' dateline='1255180507'

I think it means something like "Today I'm doing very good, thanks".

Thank you (xiexie) Irishman,

I think you are right.  I managed to work some of it out  but the jin tian semed to be that I am some sort of 5th? centurty Chinese emperor (I think I got that wrong!).  

I'm trying to introduce Mandarin words/phrases in to my EMF's to Fei and I'm anxious to avoid the usual "where is the toilet?" phrases.

Thanks a lot

Johnboy
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Vince G

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2009, 10:30:29 am »
Johnboy, you can use this http://mdbg.net/  for pinyin. without the tones it's still a job to figure the sentences.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2009, 11:55:38 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='19588' dateline='1255185029'

Johnboy, you can use this http://mdbg.net/  for pinyin. without the tones it's still a job to figure the sentences.

Hey, thanks Vince, I'll have a look at that.  When I first started writing to Fei I went in to google and immediately found a place where you could type in English phrases/sentences and translate them in to Chinese and back again in to English, and I thought this is really quite easy.  But I just can't find that place any more; all I seem to get is Babylon etc, which is a load of babble to me.

However, come to think of it, if/when I make it to Chongqin and get to try some of its famous hotpots that Fei writes about - "where is the toilet" might be the first question I need to know how to ask! ha ha

Vince G

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2009, 12:37:27 pm »
Google Translator is good for chinese to english and back. But that's chinese characters not for Pinyin.
AH? Johnboy why are you flying a Swiss flag? Your from the UK? right?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:39:04 pm by Vince G »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2009, 12:43:30 pm »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='19598' dateline='1255192647'
Google Translator is good for chinese to english and back. But that's chinese characters not for Pinyin.
AH? Johnboy why are you flying a Swiss flag? Your from the UK? right?

/sits back, gets popcorn.

Please continue :icon_twisted:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 12:50:50 pm by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

brett

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2009, 01:00:23 pm »
I use Google to translate my stuff for MSN - when my lady is on mobile MSN she can't type much English.

Today Google was making me go crazy with its stupidly maddening English to Chinese translations. Sometimes it thinks "lady" should become "wife", and trying to tell her that my father was on holiday in Crete completely drained my brain.

Fortunately I did manage to write some Chinese to tell her that as my plane flies over Hubei Province I'd wave to her, and I would be very happy because I knew she would be waving back :heart:. Wow, I got many romance points for that :angel:!