Author Topic: SPORTS !!!  (Read 51754 times)

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
Re: SPORTS !!!
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2010, 10:15:26 pm »
Oh well will find out when I come here.  At least it will not be far to go and watch the Hong Kong 7's rugby tournament every year.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2010, 11:12:07 pm »
Did anybody watch the NASCAR Nationwide race saturday night? Has anything been said about Carl Edwards stunt at the end of the race? I know NASCAR is going to ding him big time for this one and I was just wondering if anybody has heard anything yet.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Arnold

« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2010, 11:50:28 pm »
I have seen the News about it . What a payback move from Carl . But ... yes ... but , he didn't think of taking out all those other Car's behind him . He is lucky if they don't ban him all of next year and the remainder of this year . That was almost the way they drive here on the Freeway's .

shaun

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:21 am »
I read that Carl went to the Nascar hauler on Saturday night after the race and explained his side of the deal and it was a end of the subject deal.

Here is a quote from an article on nascar.com "After meeting with Edwards in the NASCAR hauler, Nationwide Series director Joe Balash attributed the final-lap crash to hard racing.  "I think at the last lap there was a lot of hard racing going on," Balash said. "There was some movement on the racetrack. It was a tough finish for a really great race."

I doubt anything will be done but we will know for sure Wednesday.  That is traditionally when the Nascar governing body makes their decisions public.  Personally I think Edwards did the right thing.  BK has been running over people for the last 3 years and it has increased since he entered Nextel Cup.  It appears Edwards has had enough of BK and isn't taking any more.  I saw where Truex Jr is talking about doing the same thing.  People keep running over him and he is tired of it.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2010, 02:13:09 pm »
Thanks Shaun. I have not been to the site yet to see if anything may be done. These two had a couple run-ins earlier this year. I know Brian is agressive in his driving and his move on Carl saturday night reminded me of another racer that drew his share of agression for his racing tactics, Dale Sr.  8)

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

shaun

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2010, 09:57:35 pm »
Dave,

Nascar did deal with it.  Yesterday they fined CE $25,000.00 and 100 driver and owner points.  They put him on probation until Dec. 31st.  They also put BK on probation but he was not fined nor did he loose points.   That tells me that they thought both were equally wrong but CE got more because he caused a big wreck destroying many cars.

I've noticed that BK likes to wreck people but when people wreck him he and his father get bent out of shape.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:52 am »
Just thought I would put some new stuff  here to bring this thread back to the front again.

NASCAR, 4 races to go, Jimmy Johnson is in the lead by only 6 points...

World series starts...

Plenty going on in the sporting world now. Any opinions here?

Dave C

Offline shaun

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2010, 04:51:57 am »
Dave, I used to eat, sleep, and drink NASCAR but since I met Peggy I've not watched an entire race.  I did see last weeks rewind, the race in 10 minutes on the internet.

All I can say is Go Denny!!!!!!!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2010, 06:07:04 pm »
There's only one sport in the whole World worth watching........Cricket  :D :D :D

This year its the Ashes series......yippee !!

How the He** do I explain Cricket to my Chinese wife  ?????????

"The Definition of Cricket as Explained to an American:

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

David

(I'll bet that causes a stir )  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:13:22 pm by David E »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2010, 09:37:58 pm »
Nice piece David E.   What I miss is the sound of leather on willow.

This will give every one a very clear idea of what the game of gentlemen is all about.

Perhaps you can do the same for the rules of this forum.  Maybe I misunderstood the one about bans etc.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2010, 10:08:13 pm »
Sounds simple to me Dave, we are going to give the poms a right royal thrashing this year too!  One day the MCC will relent and let the URN live in its rightful place.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2010, 11:13:24 pm »
Dave, I used to eat, sleep, and drink NASCAR but since I met Peggy I've not watched an entire race.  I did see last weeks rewind, the race in 10 minutes on the internet.

All I can say is Go Denny!!!!!!!

Last weekend was the first full race I watched in a long time Shaun. It was a good race. Talladega this weekend. It may prove interesting too.

Dave C

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2010, 11:17:45 pm »
I used to watch NFL games .... but this year the Bills are having the perfect season, at 0 - 6, every other team has found a way to win at least one game .... but not the Bills !  Fans are not showing up to games, and some that do, wear paper bags over their head.   :(

That kinda sounds like the Lions last year Mike. And the paper bag over the head.... I think they stole that idea from the Maple Leaf fans. hahaha.

Dave C

Offline shaun

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2010, 11:27:54 pm »
I would like to see Talladega but I am working like I do every weekend.  I have canceled the cable.  So I am without any TV watching except on internet.  All extra funds are being saved for another trip to China.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2010, 12:28:57 am »
For Willy ...and any other Cricket fans...and also for Jason in Aus

Here is a comment on the last English Team to play for the Ashes...probably fits the latest lot too !!!

Eleven men have been arrested in Sydney on a range of charges including impersonating a cricket team, loitering and receiving money under false pretences.

They are likely to be extradited and face charges in England in relation to the 2007 theft of the Ashes and a number of Queen's Honours. In one case, a man played just 5 days cricket and scored only 17 runs before absconding with an MBE. Police will also interview the suspects in relation to a joyride in stolen open-topped buses.

The group's activities have been closely monitored since they arrived in Australia some weeks ago. Initially the suspects were difficult to identify as they arrived in Australia with the apparent bona fides to qualify as a quality cricket team. However it became obvious to observers that all was not as it seemed during the first warm-up match.

Further suspect behaviour was observed in Brisbane, culminating in a series of criminal acts on the 5th day at Adelaide, including reckless batting, pedestrian bowling and unimaginative captaincy. Police allowed the group to operate while further evidence was gathered in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney.

Interpol have been asked to assist in locating the ringleader who has seemingly disappeared. He may be using the name Fletcher and is believed to be heading to South Africa to prey upon unsuspecting cricketers who have some ancestral links to England. Parents are warned not to sign contracts and young cricketers should refrain from accepting money or other incentives.

In an incident related to the 2005 Ashes theft, a crystal replica of the Ashes was presented to the Australian cricket team today. The actual trophy is being withheld by a shadowy group called the MCC who believe they own cricket. Two undercover operatives known only as Beefy and Branson are working to return the urn to its rightful owners Australia...where it can reside for ever in the Hallowed Halls of the MCG.  ;D ;D ;D