Author Topic: Unhappy Now !  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Carl

RE: Unhappy Now !
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »
Hi Micheal.  Yesterday I took the time to look through hundreds of photos regarding the quake.  It amazes me that the people are so resilient. The hardest photos to see were the ones of parents grieving over the bodies of their children... that hurts to even see those photos... I cannot imagine the pain those parents suffered.  My heart goes out to them.
Carl

Martin

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 03:14:12 pm »
Carl....what are your feelings for this girl?  Is there a chance that you could win her parents over?  You could possibly send gifts to them...or even write a letter to them.  It is just a thought.  I am not saying it will work, but maybe it is worth the fight.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 03:18:17 pm »
When we were there, I heard a little girl ask a doctor if he could put her leg back on because she wanted to be able to help her Mama when she is older, the little girl didn't know I helped put her Mama in a body bag not 10 minutes earlier, when the doctor told her about her Mama she said she wanted to help the other kids, this was the bravest thing I have ever seen or heard in my life, and it made me feel very proud for this little one and at the same time sad, I still dream of her and I still have nightmares of that time, I don't think I will ever forget.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:19:12 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Paul Todd

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 06:14:58 pm »
Michael,
I feel for you my friend, I've seen similar things.I made it into Cambodia just after the Vietnamese ousted pol pot and also the Karen refugee camps in Burma.They are a fine people, the Karen.
The best advice I  was given is that you absolutely should not forget theses things. You were a "witness" to tragedy and hope, it's a rare insight and it cuts deep.Changes a man. It's your job now to tell other people about this. The telling give honour,respect and remembrance  to those involved,as well as bringing us all closer together regardless of race or religion. If you don't talk about this who will ever know? How many people saw the bravery of that little girl? I think you will have moved a few hearts here with the telling, and it makes us all a little more human. That's a positive thing!

Arnold

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 02:01:07 am »
Michael , I feel with you . I love China and it's People . I also was in Shanghai (07 May to 18 May ) when it happened , but did not feel it physically , but I am sure felt it in my Heart . It still can bring me to tears , thinking of those poor children and what the Parent's had to deal with then and still are . What is worse , loose a child of your's or a child loose a parent / parent's ? There is NO hurt deeper than this . And of course the way it came to be , because of sloopy building practises .
Aweful !!! Will Mankind ever learn , before somebody has to Die ?

Paul Todd

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 07:08:40 pm »
Not me, but Mr. Su

To ensure she was the sole benefactor of all his property in case of mishaps, a just-married Chinese woman wanted her husband to write his will, sign an agreement and buy insurance. After he was married to the woman for only a month, she forced him to leave all his assets to her and help her apply for permanent residence in Singapore. She even used his name to secretly open a massage parlour, which displeased him greatly. I'm worried that if I continue to be with her, I may be pushed to violate the law.

Mr Su is a factory operator, and this is his second marriage. He met his current wife in China in 2006. "She was working at a massage parlour in China, and had approached me on the street with massage services. We even went to a hotel together after that"  According to Mr Su, he was mesmerised by her beauty, and would visit her in Chinatown every week.

The two grew intimate!
His Chinese wife then suggested that they register their marriage, and both decided on September .He did not expect her to show her true colours just one month into their marriage. "She even insisted that I put her name as well as her daughter's in the housing deed. I regret marrying her," Mr Su expressed.

After Mr Su left home, he wrote a 26-page diary on his dissatisfaction with his wife.
According to him, his wife had stated seven presumptuous demands:

1. Pressurising him to will and state that his wife and daughter will be the only benefactors.

2. The house must include her name, as well as the daughter's. Any member of his family, including his ex-wife and children, are not allowed into the house.

3. Sign an agreement and promise her the ownership of the house.

4. Apply permanent residence for her as soon as possible.

5. Buy insurance to let her be the benefactor.

6. Allowing her to keep the marriage certificate.

7. Insists that he submits his identity card and CPF account number to authorise the opening of the massage parlour.

Mr Su noted that his wife had used his name and documents to open a massage parlour, and hired female masseuses without work permits.

When he found out about her illegal acts, she threatened him with a knife.
"Luckily, our argument was overheard by the neighbours, and they came just in time to stop us," Mr Su said. Ever since this incident, Mr Su reported that he was physically abused by his wife every night, resulting in a physical and mental breakdown.

In a rare streak of luck, Mr Su won the lottery four times in a year, winning over $100,000, but this sum had been squandered by his wife, he said. To sustain her infinite demands, he even applied for a credit card and a personal loan for his wife. As a result, he was now burdened with debts.

He fears going home
After the knife threatening episode, Mr Su was afraid to go home and had been living with his mother.

I promised her initially that I would accompany her to China to visit her relatives in December, but after all these abuse, my family persuaded me not to go,just in case. Regretting his marriage, Mr Su wants a divorce as soon as possible. But because of the short period of time we have been married, my request for divorce was rejected. Instead, arrangement was made for us to see a marriage counsellor.

Arnold

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »
Great story Paul , thanks .
I will , and have already given my Wife mosly everything I own , if I was to die tomorrow ( God forbid ) , but out of Love ... not because of a threat . All that would get her is a kick of a size "11" shoe in the behind out the door .

Vince G

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 02:50:07 am »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='5007' dateline='1244334571'
All that would get her is a kick of a size "11" shoe in the behind out the door.

I have to agree. I'll add what kind of whip is he?

Shane

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 02:58:51 am »
I dont have these issues mine has no father for 10 years her mother has seen my pictures and appears i passed all the tests... to be married in July

Shane

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2009, 03:43:15 pm »
lmao i spoke to soon on this post huh :(.. oh well