Author Topic: Emigration to China  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Emigration to China
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 06:08:36 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='15170' dateline='1251832369'

Vince,

Yes you have it in one!! ...haha!!

There's also another catch, as far as i can remember, after the 21 days of being in country, you can apply. Once applied there is another 21 days that your application is posted for display, for anyone to lodge an objection against the marriage, so in total 42 days.

That was the system i'm aware of, that was in force 3 years ago. It may of changed, but i'm not aware of any such changes.

David....

Exact same system now David.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 07:25:53 pm »
Willy, just curious how you managed to get your tourist visa extended?, I thought they only do that for people married to Chinese?
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 07:53:37 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='15976' dateline='1252452353'

Willy, just curious how you managed to get your tourist visa extended?, I thought they only do that for people married to Chinese?

When I was summoned to the Public Security Bureau they issued me a temporary residence visa that is now valid until end of January 2010.  This enables me to extend my stay from 60 days up until the residence certificate expires.  

I will go to the same office in January and see if i can blag a full residence visa from the very helpful police women without being married.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 06:44:44 pm »
Thanks Willy.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Paul Todd

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 06:49:23 am »
Hi Ronan,

I got my no impediment to marriage certificate from my local registrars office in the Uk. This took 21 days. That is all the paperwork I brought with me to China. I took this to the British embassy in Beijing, who took this off me as well as 725 yuan and said " come back in the morning".  They give you ALL the papers you require for a marriage in China , in both English and Chinese. You do not need anything else, nothing. We took the papers to the Gov office and were married the same day. No medical, no problems at all.
After you are married and your tourist visa is about to expire go with your wife to the Security office with your passport and red marriage book. Your wife will have to take her Id and home residency papers. You get a five month visa with unlimited extensions, for free. I know this because I was there yesterday. If your going to work, let your employer take care of the work visa, it's not your problem, it's there's
Don't sweat it !
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:09:48 am by Paul Todd »