Author Topic: GOING TO GUANGZHOU  (Read 1489 times)

ttwjr32

GOING TO GUANGZHOU
« on: September 01, 2009, 01:16:07 am »
Well i have been here a while and put my 2 cents in on some topics
 but now i just wanted to say that in 48 hours i will be on the plane from san francisco to guangzhou.  not just for a visit but to get married
and reside permanently there.  looking forward to meeting Willy and Xia
often and i hope to meet other members who reside in china. not sure exactly what i will do there thought of teaching but also looking to open a store with Sisi . a retail extablishment or possibly a retuaraunt and sports bar for expats and the chinese people in guangzhou. i know basketball is popular there and maybe i could introduce football to them
and generate some interest. game times would be an issue though as i think they would start at 4 am there  hahaha that could be a packed house  hahaha. anyway looking forward to this journey in life that is starting for me. we will marry on 9/9/09 because in china that date means  "forever" :icon_biggrin: anyway just wanted to share that with all
Ted

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: GOING TO GUANGZHOU
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 02:31:06 am »
Have a good safe trip Ted and keep us informed on your journey forward , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:41:49 am »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='15088' dateline='1251782167'

Well i have been here a while and put my 2 cents in on some topics
 but now i just wanted to say that in 48 hours i will be on the plane from san francisco to guangzhou.  not just for a visit but to get married
and reside permanently there.  looking forward to meeting Willy and Xia
often and i hope to meet other members who reside in china. not sure exactly what i will do there thought of teaching but also looking to open a store with Sisi . a retail extablishment or possibly a retuaraunt and sports bar for expats and the chinese people in guangzhou. i know basketball is popular there and maybe i could introduce football to them
and generate some interest. game times would be an issue though as i think they would start at 4 am there  hahaha that could be a packed house  hahaha. anyway looking forward to this journey in life that is starting for me. we will marry on 9/9/09 because in china that date means  "forever" :icon_biggrin: anyway just wanted to share that with all
Ted

Of course you mean REAL football not that variation on Rugby that you call football!!!

We get the top English league games here before Midnight.  The Chinese are big on UK football.  Note football not SOCCER.

I will try to get there for the 8 - 9 -09 and stay until the weekend - thats if your bed is big enough for three!!!!!!  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

brett

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 04:29:08 am »
Good luck!

I am aiming to be in Guangzhou in early October if anyone else is around.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 04:41:59 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='15100' dateline='1251793748'

Good luck!

If Ted has sobered up after his wedding or even crawled out of the marital bed then maybe I will get over to Guangzhou.  So if the Dumplings and Chickens feet are on you then we will meet up.  Definately will be there if your supplying pigs blood jelly as well!!!!

Willy
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:44:06 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 05:27:36 am »
Well pleased for you both...

You know you will get a beautiful Chinese doll and she will get you...lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

CONGRATS remember and post the details...:angel:

ttwjr32

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 07:14:38 am »
Quote from: 'Willy The Londoner' pid='15103' dateline='1251794519'

Quote from: 'brett' pid='15100' dateline='1251793748'

Good luck!

If Ted has sobered up after his wedding or even crawled out of the marital bed then maybe I will get over to Guangzhou.  So if the Dumplings and Chickens feet are on you then we will meet up.  Definately will be there if your supplying pigs blood jelly as well!!!!

Willy

Willy  pigs blood jelly????  not to sure about that one  hahahah
   Ted

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 11:19:42 am »
Greetings Guys,

Congrats to both Ted and Brett, hope everything works out for both of you.

Also yes keep us updated on how things go and I will do the same.  I leave for Handan by way of Beijing in 4 days!!

Regards,

Brian