Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 51158 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2010, 02:37:49 pm »
e-CAS has updated their system, and it shows that Beijing now has our application.  As of June 10, they are processing our file.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »
I wish you a speedy processing Martin. We almost share a same date as our status shows 8 days later as June 18th - but 2009 for the year instead.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:32 am »
I got a CC email from Beijing. They have requested Zhifangs passport.

Vince G

« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2010, 06:53:52 am »
They have requested Zhifangs passport.

Is that good or bad? Do they want it to put the visa in it or somethings wrong?

ttwjr32

« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2010, 11:09:01 am »
thats a good thing the process is getting to the end

Offline maxx

« Reply #140 on: June 24, 2010, 06:29:09 pm »
Martin yes that is real good news.It shouldn't be long now.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:07 pm »
And me....I get SHIT  >:(
Just received a letter in the mail...progress yes...not a denial so some what good news.

But apparently I have to provide a RCMP certificate listing all charges and convictions I have had. The certificate must be accompanied by a written explanation of the circumstances of each conviction or charge. I have 90 days to send this certificate.

Except for a speeding ticket and an illegal left hand turn - and last I checked this was not criminal that has been my only brush with the stiff arm of the law.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 07:41:44 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2010, 08:15:30 pm »
That's a really strange request!  No wonder Hong Kong takes so long when they make silly requests.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2010, 08:59:36 pm »
Well after getting off the phone from the RCMP I am told that instead I have to go to the Corp of Commisoners for this certificate.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone[move]

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2010, 09:02:52 pm »
That's great news Martin!  Hope that means that she'll be here soon.

Don't give up hope Rhonald.  Have faith and you will be together soon...these are just trials to see how far you are willing to go...stick with it and you'll succeed.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2010, 09:16:07 pm »
I got the Stick part alright mustfocus......its the carrot part I am hoping for. But this waiting game I think is their test to see if my Care Rots before they Stick it into my heart.

But anyways at least good news for Martin - I knew he was going to beat me - at least he did not beat me with a stick  ;)

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2010, 10:11:20 pm »
 :o Punny guy! Watch him scream!

In all seriousness though, you're nearly there.  Just hold on a bit longer and you'll get your prize.  If you lose faith, then things will eat at you.  I've seen it happen too many times to good people.

梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Vince G

« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:46 pm »
Rhonald, I've had requests like that too?  Who, what? I don't have even a parking ticket? How am I suppose to fill out one of these sheets? and why?

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2010, 03:33:01 am »
But apparently I have to provide a RCMP certificate listing all charges and convictions I have had. The certificate must be accompanied by a written explanation of the circumstances of each conviction or charge. I have 90 days to send this certificate.

Except for a speeding ticket and an illegal left hand turn - and last I checked this was not criminal that has been my only brush with the stiff arm of the law.
Rhonald,

Does the letter say "list all charges and convictions" or "list all criminal charges and convictions"? If it is list all charges and convictions then this includes the traffic offences. If it says criminal charges and convictions then the "sheet" you give them is blank with no "sheet" on it... sorry, I could not help myself. The list you get from the RCMP, or whom ever, will have no charges or convictions on it, if you don't have a record, but will be the official letter head with an embossed seal. This just shows them you have a clean record.

And almost forgot, Martin , Glad to hear the news! Won't be long now!

Dave C
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 03:41:59 am by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2010, 09:47:05 pm »
Dear Applicant,

I have now completed an initial assessment of your application for a permanent visa as a member of the family class. I have determined that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 13(1) of the Immigration and Refuge Protection Act states that a Canadian citizen or permanent resident may, subject to the immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, sponsor a foreign national who is a member of the family class.

Section 133(1) of the regulation stipulates the following:

(1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor

(a) is a sponsor as described in section 130;
(b) intends to fulfil the obligation in the sponsorship undertaking:
(c) is not subject to a removal order:
(d) is not detained in any penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison:
(e) has not been convicted under the Criminal Code of

(i) an offence of a sexual nature, or an attempt or a threat to commit such an offence, against any person,or
    (ii) an offence that results in bodily harm, as defined in section 2 of the Crinminal Code, to any of the following persons, namely,
       (A) a relative of the sponsor, including a dependant child or other family member of the sponsor,
       (B) a relative of the sponsor's spouse or of the sponsor's common-law partner, including a dependent child or other family member of  the sponsor's spouse or of the sponsor's common-law partner, or
      (C) the conjugal partner of the sponsor or a releative of that conjugal partner;

Because I am not satisfied that your sponsor meets the requirements of subsection R133(1) you must provide an RCMP certificate listing all charges and convictions for your sponsor within 90 days of the date on this letter. The certificate must be accompanied by a written explanation of the circumstances of each conviction or charge.

I caution you that if you do not supply the above documents within the deadline I intend to refuse your application.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Your Honour...I swear I did not have SEX with that woman....maybe her dress as it stains my heart  :(
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:49:30 pm by Rhonald »