Author Topic: How long before talking about meeting?  (Read 6993 times)

brett

RE: How long before talking about meeting?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 04:44:20 am »
Been talking to my girl for about a month, but I am convinced she is the one for me, so I am meeting her next month. I've kept looking on chnlove, but I haven't found anybody else I am really interested in to this degree.

She is on MSN and Skype and knows some English, so the relationship is moving on a lot more quickly than would be possible through EMFs alone.

I am not sure it's necessary to show the girl your country before marriage. The chinese have a good history of migrating to other countries, and by tradition the woman follows the man wherever he lives.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 07:52:20 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='16942' dateline='1253177060'

I am not sure it's necessary to show the girl your country before marriage. The chinese have a good history of migrating to other countries, and by tradition the woman follows the man wherever he lives.

Hmmm yeah MSN would be nice, we'll see if I can wiggle that soon. I know the Chinese adapt very well abroad, but it would be good to get to know each other in a new environment for her, see how she reacts, what she thinks about my normal day's routine, meet my son, see if she's scared when I drive (you know the word Autobahn?:icon_cheesygrin:), my attitude towards life and things here ... After all, when I'm in China, I am very conscious about cultural differences and always think before doing something, here she would see me in a more natural way, of course until I undergo her training :icon_cheesygrin:

So I am sure it's possible without bringing her over before the big commitment, but I don't think it would hurt either. I am at a stage where I want to put all favorable odds on my side to find Mrs Right, I  wasted enought time in the past.
Go deep or don't go

brett

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 08:39:06 am »
MSN is great, and your lady should be able to get a translation plug-in. I can now actually write some really good chinese - I just put the english in google, then translate the chinese back to english, if it comes back as the original english then it is good to send to the lady!

Be very careful about talking about important things outside of EMFs though, it is very easy to offend the lady or get her stressed.

My lady is OK with moving to the UK, but then she is probably a bit more "westernised" than the others, being quite young and having grown up with the Internet and Western movies etc. She also has a very western job. Also I don't come with much baggage, and neither does she, so we could live anywhere we wanted to really.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 02:48:36 pm »
Thanks, I'll make sure MSN is only used for light stuff and that she knows about it ... have to check out that plug-in, great tip!
Go deep or don't go

Offline Hajo

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:17 pm »
Voice, it is an individual thing, that how soon to meet. I started talking to my wife in April. We found out pretty soon that there was a lot of chemistry between us. I visited her in August. We got married 2 days after my arrival and I took her home with me at the end of my two week vacation. And one thing is for sure, I will not regret!!

But like for some other brothers it make take time. You have the advantage that you go to China anyway. There is just a little risk for you. My opinion would be, if it feels right go for it. It will not be better after 6 month. You would only regret why you didn't go earlier.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 02:53:36 pm »
Hajo, April this year?
Go deep or don't go

Offline Hajo

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 02:56:40 pm »
Yes, April, 13th 2009. Now she is in Denmark with me. I used the EU-rules, as I am German living in Denmark. We applied for her resident visa a week ago and they told us, we should have the visa in 3 or 4 weeks.
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 03:06:38 pm »
Cool, congratulations!

Do you have a link on those EU rules? I know Denmark are pretty easy going about this, Ich bin auch Deutscher wohne aber in Frankreich.
Go deep or don't go

Offline Hajo

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 03:24:33 pm »
Thanks, I only have links to danish sites. But search the net for the Metock case. EU court ruled that case. It makes family reunification easier for EU-people who live in another EU country than the country they are citizen of.  Viel Glück! :icon_biggrin:

By the way, Denmark is not that easy going on this if you are Danish citizen.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:25:24 pm by Hajo »

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 03:56:17 pm »
THanks Hajo, that's worth Gold, I'm even happier now that I kept my German passport :D
Go deep or don't go

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2009, 08:53:21 pm »
Hehe yipeee, first meeting planned in November, wish me luck!
Go deep or don't go

shaun

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='17212' dateline='1253408116'

Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='17211' dateline='1253408001'

Good Luck Voice !!!

Good Luck Voice !!!

Offline markymark

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 12:12:58 am »
Voice

Good luck! Hope it goes very well indeed.  

Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='17211' dateline='1253408001'

"You'll like this, not a lot" Paul Daniels

Offline Hajo

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 02:17:05 am »
Good luck Voice.

But if she is the right one, you do not need luck. Everything will come by itself and your heart will tell you.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 03:43:08 am »
All the best voice