Author Topic: Booking hotel room for lady  (Read 3606 times)

brett

Booking hotel room for lady
« on: September 20, 2009, 03:42:44 am »
Aaargh, my lady is driving me crazy over my travel plans :s.

She wants to stay in my hotel overnight. I told her it would be easier if she booked a room, as the hotel will charge me a lot more, and Expedia warn me the hotel might mess up and cancel my existing booking.

I asked my lady if she could book a room herself. But my lady doesn't seem to know how to book a hotel room, omg she drives me crazy sometimes :@. Is there a Chinese hotel booking website or protocol I can direct her to?

The hotel is $35 a night. Is this a fortune for somebody working in China or should she be able to afford that? I've told her I'll pay her back.

I might ask the agency for help, although it's a shame their 1000 miles from my lady and I guess they might charge me for it as well.

Also is there a good way of sending my lady money? Do they use Paypal in China?

Thanks!

brett

RE: Booking hotel room for lady
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 04:17:10 am »
I think I will ask the agency to see if they can book hotels and internal flights.

I don't really want to share a room as my lady is young, not previously married, this is our first meeting and her parents might not be too impressed about it at this stage :@.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 04:48:04 am »
Brett, it is very simple through Expedia to book 2 rooms side by side , and until you arrive you are just 1 of 100,000 guys on various sites saying , I am coming , you can book locally for internal flights and if your lady does this maybe but not always cheaper , oh and she probably does not know how to book in to a hotel , but with different rooms she will have to show her identity card , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline metooap

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 04:53:12 am »
Brett,

First your lady is probably not going to tell her parents that you shared a room.

She will say you each had a room.

Also, I do not know the situation of your lady, but you might want to ask, if you need to send her the money - instead of saying you will pay her back.

Then based on her financial situation she can tell you what is best.

I just finished speaking with my fiancée. Depending upon when and where you travel things will start to get booked pretty fast.

I would say, It is best if she could arrange the room ahead of time. I do not know when you are traveling, but if it is any time soon, you may want to have her book things because of the holidays.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:54:18 am »
brett
Keren booked the hotel for me.  And got it cheaper she said that she would pay it, but I sent her the money, from the Uk it took 10 days by Royal Mail...

brett

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 07:42:14 am »
Hmm, I'm not sure about sending my lady money. I sent a small bear two weeks ago and it's got lost in the post :@.

Sometimes I do get so annoyed with my lady though, I'm like I am going to fly halfway around the world to see you and you can't even book a hotel room? Wtf?

If this doesn't work out I'll find my next lady in somewhere that has direct flights to the UK because this has been a bloody nightmare to organise.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 09:51:43 am »
Yes, paypal works in China.  www.paypal.com/cn  It took a week for money I sent to get into Nina's account though, so be prepared for that.
...as irresistible as chocolate

brett

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 10:32:51 am »
Thanks - I will get my lady to check out Paypal. I've heard reports that it works, and others that it doesn't.

I'll also tell the agency to get some plans drawn up for when I'm out there. I think I'll just tell them when I'm coming and going and get them and the lady to sort something out. Everybody's ladies seem so good at organising things so I am a bit surprised that mine isn't handling things so well :huh:.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 11:12:33 am »
Any-time i stayed over there I paid at the hotel, the booking itself was free?
The only exception to this was when I booked through hotels.com and then as long as i cancelled more than 48 hours beforehand there was no problems.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline metooap

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 11:44:38 am »
Brett,

I bet your lady is as organized as anyone else.

You want to be prepared - but I would not make a big deal out of booking a hotel room.

Also there are two quick ways to get money to your lady.

I use Bank of America and send my lady money to take care of things. I send the money thru  China Construction Bank - it takes about 2 days. Or I will send a Western Union - takes a day depending upon when I send it.

I send money ahead because I do not like the hassle of the ATMs. Although they are certainly functional.

The key to me is that I want to focus on why I am there - not worry about an ATM machine.

Also as much as I could, I would suggest working things out directly with your lady, and not the agency.

If you are at this point in your relationship.

The agency will be there to support you - but I would want to work things directly with my fiancée - the sooner the better. Because a lot can get lost in the translation of things.

Besides working through things is part of the process - seems like it could be a bear - but if you have done your homework - once you see your beautiful lady - you will know that you were focusing on the small stuff. You will laugh about the hotel, and smile to be in her presence.

David5o

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 11:53:08 am »
Brett,

Probably because you told her that you were booking everything thru Expedia. As i remember, that's what you were saying to your lady and us when you first stated talking about your trip to China here.
If you don't ask, then they obviously won't do anything, thinking your arranging everything....

I wouldn't involve the agency in booking hotels and things, they will take a commission on any rates they get you. Your lady will be the better bet for planning anything while your on your trip too. Only involve the agency if you hit problems over there, that your lady can't handle on her own. Which if i know Chinese ladies, ...won't be that much!! ...hahaha!!

David.....

brett

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 02:54:08 pm »
Hmmm, I am not certain that my lady is good at arranging things, but we will see. I think she is OK on arranging things in her home town, but away from that, maybe less so.

I suppose I could have asked a travel agent to get me flights to her home town, but it's quite a small place with few flights so I think I might have had a very long journey indeed. There's also not a lot to do in her home town so if we didn't hit it off I'd be stuck there for a fortnight. At least in Wuhan I can get stuck into the travel photography.

I think I'll send her a suggested list of ideas and get her to arrange it. I figure it will break the ice if we have a few important things to do (like find me a translator machine etc.).

brett

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 04:38:38 am »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='17300' dateline='1253454703'

Yes, paypal works in China.  www.paypal.com/cn  It took a week for money I sent to get into Nina's account though, so be prepared for that.

Hi Chocolate Man. How did you manage to get money to your lady via PayPal? I tried to send money, but it seems you're not allowed to send foreign currency. I get this message:

"This recipient cannot accept foreign currencies. Please re-try with a different email address for the recipient."

What's going on?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:28:35 am »
no clue.  I've had a paypal account for a long time.  I added her qq email and sent her money from my credit card.  4 days it took for her to register with paypal, then she got her money.  maybe it's something to do with whatever country you're from?  maybe they have different laws or deals with China?
oh, I sent Canadian dollars, not RMB, if that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 05:29:23 am by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate

brett

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 05:42:58 am »
Thanks Choccy guy. Yes my girl has now pushed some buttons and now I can send her UK pounds. I don't know what she can do with the money though. My chinese is terrible this morning and I can't ask the right questions of her. Can Nina withdraw the money you send into her bank account or something? I think all my problems would be solved. If not I could use Western Union, but I've never used it before.