Author Topic: Emigrating to China - what inoculations are needed?  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Emigrating to China - what inoculations are needed?
« on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:07 am »
Does anyone know what inoculations are needed or advisable for someone moving to China permanently? Does it vary by region?

I'm moving to Beijing or Tianjin for the first few years until I learn Mandarin and then want to move somewhere warmer and where the air is cleaner so I guess I need the full range of shots.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Emigrating to China - what inoculations are needed?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 06:22:17 am »
Ronan , that is like asking what type of shots we need to go to Ireland , if you are not going off the beaten track , nothing is needed , only if you intend trecking to weird and wonderful places would you need anything , like a wandering backpacker , and if you are wandering consult a local Chinese doctor it is far cheaper , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 06:49:40 am »
I dunno Robert, I remember maxx I think saying that his wife had to have 15 shots!!, before she came to America so there risks in other countries that I would have no natural immunity to coming from Ireland (by the way the only thing you need for here is a blanket to keep warm..we don't have any mosquito's or poisonous animals..just cold weather ahah!)
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

brett

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 12:53:26 pm »
I'm going to my doctor's travel clinic next week, I'll probably get told off for arranging it too late. But I might find out more about what's recommended.

Hepatitis A is the only one that really scares me - you can get it from food and as we know China is not the cleanest place on earth. I think innoculation for this one is essential.

But after that it's probably best to ensure you're up to date your other innoculations. If you're sticking to the cities then anything else is considered very low risk. Just remember other basic health advice, like staying away from animals and be wary of swimming in rivers etc. As far as I'm aware the most dangerous thing in China is the traffic :icon_cheesygrin:.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 05:57:43 pm »
I got Twinrix (hep A and B) and Tetanus shots and took malaria pills.  My doctor recommended I get a MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) booster because I'm 40, but I didn't bother.   Your doctor can help you decide what you'll need I'm sure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 05:58:05 pm by Neil »
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 10:03:51 pm »
Check out the World Health Organization web site.  It lists what is required for each country.

rockycoon

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 01:00:01 am »
When I went to Viet-Nam, They gave us the works in two guns.  Your right arm feels like it's going to fall off after.  I believe you get around 21 overseas shots.  The general ones and then the more serious ones.  Now, they have an HIV inccoluation to keep you from getting the gift that keeps on giving.  Also, I believe a swine flu shot or whatever is going around.  
Just bend over and shut up, this won't hurt a bit....:icon_cheesygrin::s
Damn neil, you took all of that, and your still walking?  you don't need a woman, you need a hospital bed and oxygen tent.

Like this old man that went to a funeral, with his wheel chair and cain.  After the funeral, the mortitian looks at him and says: Hardly worth leaving isn't it!   :dodgy:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:05:01 am by rockycoon »