Author Topic: National day  (Read 8036 times)

Offline daghoi

National day
« on: September 30, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
I understand that our's girls are "celebrating" nattional day over there on the 1. october.

So how do we greet them ? Where i come from, the national day is pretty much for the kids, games and fun. So we say something like "Congratulation with the day", how what a proper greeting be to my woman ?

Vince G

RE: National day
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 06:38:22 pm »
Enjoy your National Day

Happy Mid-autumn Day!  have a wonderful Moon Festival

(translators) will have three days off from work for the both important days

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 06:59:49 pm »
I asked Nina last night.  She said: ????,????!
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 02:14:53 am »
I watched the parade live. Was pretty good.  Lots of propaganda.  But that is what it is all about anyway.  We do the same thing.  Paint a beautiful picture of all the accomplishments.  The flight path was close to our apt. So I saw the planes and choppers.  My wife wanted to go to The Square tonight but it is closed off to any and all traffic.  The fireworks are supposed to be fantastic.  we should be able to see some of them from our place.  Hope so.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

brett

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:36:00 am »
My lady is out celebrating with strict instructions to send me photos!

The UK government is strangely opposed to England's national day (we don't even get a day off) but the funniest thing is we tend to have a bigger celebration for Ireland's St Patrick's day than we do our own.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:51:06 am »
I watched all of it, was very impressive.
Check out the these fantastic pictures
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:26:04 am »
I will say this evening show was very very impressive.  it went from 8 to 9:40 nonstop.  Singing, fireworks and all.  I cannot remember anything this impressive for that length of time.  Quite a show. Even jackie Chan in the finale Singing, didnt know he could sing.  Looked like he was lipsinging anyway.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 06:09:08 am »
I also saw the whole thing on TV with Qing , as her Mother called and told her to watch it . You know when Mother speaks , children listen in China . Haha
It made me feel proud of being half chinese . Awesome ... to say the least .

brett

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 07:00:52 am »
Wow, those military ladies put on an impressive performance :blush:.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 07:18:36 am »
For what I saw it was Awesome.....:icon_biggrin:

Offline JimB

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 11:31:26 am »
We went there this evening to the Square.  There was still about 100,000 people there.  All of the floats were still there.  Pretty awesome.  I am going to put pics up on my phototbucket later.  Only problem was we had to walk about 2 miles away before we could even get a bus out.  Then took it 6 stops up to even get a taxi home.  I am really bushed.  Before that we went to the best place in Beijing to get Peking Duck.  it is fast turning into my favorite place.  I highly recommend it to anyone coming here.  It is a bit expensive but well worth it. For four of us it went about $120.00 but I had a decent bottle of wine for about $40.00 USD  So figure about $20.00 each which isnt bad considering.  it is within walking distance to the square.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 11:37:47 am »
I was there Jim, I know the exact place you are talking about (you ride an elevator to the first floor right and the main area is one huge big floor with chandeliers and Chinese art right?). And yes the Peking Duck there is incredible. We spent 576 RMB between the two of us and thats with just one bottle of beer for me. My eyes nearly popped outta my head!! You got expensive tastes! :) Ling told me it was THE best place in Beijing for Peking duck though so it was pretty special.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 04:11:20 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='18647' dateline='1254407164'

Even jackie Chan in the finale Singing, didnt know he could sing.  Looked like he was lipsinging anyway.

Jackie Chan   - Whenever I refer to him by that name I am promptly told his name is Cheng Long - and his given name means Successful Dragon.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline JimB

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 01:40:07 am »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='18723' dateline='1254497867'

I was there Jim, I know the exact place you are talking about (you ride an elevator to the first floor right and the main area is one huge big floor with chandeliers and Chinese art right?). And yes the Peking Duck there is incredible. We spent 576 RMB between the two of us and thats with just one bottle of beer for me. My eyes nearly popped outta my head!! You got expensive tastes! :) Ling told me it was THE best place in Beijing for Peking duck though so it was pretty special.

Yes, that is the place. I know it is expensive but I dont go there every week. That was just my second trip there.  I have not eaten a better meal in China than there. oops, except for my mother-in-laws dumplings.

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:05:08 am »
Jim , you got that " IN " just in time ! Be careful , nothing is better than Mom's cooking ... untill she tells you , it is . :icon_cheesygrin: