RE: Visa
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 11:55:09 pm »
Macau is also a special zone that Chinese nationals need special visas to enter
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Uncle Brucie

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 12:04:54 am »
Just a question

I f someone showed up at the Hong Kong China border or at the airport would they be allowed to get a visa for mainland China in minutes just wondering thats all
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:06:23 am by Uncle Brucie »
My 2 cents  ????

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 12:07:56 am »
Quote from: 'Uncle Brucie' pid='4192' dateline='1243569894'

Just a question

I f someone showed up at the Hong Kong China border would they be allowed to get a visa for mainland China in minutes just wondering thats all

No - best to get it before you leave. It can take sometime if you try to get one in Hong Kong. The visa becomes embossed on your passport and at the border they do not have the facilities. You would need to go to the embassy in Hong Kong

Offline maxx

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 12:29:20 am »
Rhonald yes you can get a visa for the mainland at the port of entry in Zhuhai.I dont know about anywhere else.Also I dont know what type a visa it is or how long you can stay.But I have seen the sign nummerse times in Zhuhai ferry terminal.It is open from.;00am to 5:00 pm Also if you are going to the Gombei mall in Macau.You have to buy a visa to go into the mall.Most of the exits are on the mainland side in Zhuhai.And there is no customs control on the mainland side.But there is going into Macau.

If your lady is from Guandong province she doesn't need a special visa just her citizen card.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 04:57:42 am »
Max - not denying but this is from the Canada embassy website in Hong Kong.

"Visas must be obtained prior to departure. The visas must be acquired in the travellers’ country of residence or from the country where they hold a working visa. Foreigners have been fined or expelled for arriving without a visa. Transit visas are not required for travellers who are on continuing international flights, who hold tickets on connecting flights, or who will remain at the airport for no more than 24 hours while awaiting transit. Travellers who wish to leave the airport while awaiting transit must request a stopover permit from the Chinese border authorities at the airport. Travellers visiting Hong Kong or Macao from mainland China should ensure they obtain visas allowing multiple entries. Travellers should be aware that visas for mainland China can no longer be obtained in Hong Kong unless the traveller is a Hong Kong resident. For more information, please visit the website of the Hong Kong Chinese Foreign Ministry. "

This is from Hong Kong Chinese Foreign Ministry

"NOTICE

(2008/04/13)

Visa applicants are increasing in a large number and need longer waiting
time in the visa office recently. If you don't reside or work in Hong Kong
permanently, you are required to apply Chinese visa from the Embassy
or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in your resident
country. You are welcome to China for tourism, business and visit ."

So the prudent course for Uncle Brucie is to get one before leaving instead of testing fate.

My wife was born in Guandong province but she says she would have problems going to Macau. For Hong Kong she still needed to get a visia issued from her birth city of Meizhou. On my last trip she had only 1 more entry left so she picked me up but I had to make my own way back to Hong Kong. I only booked my trip the weekend before leaving so she did not have time to go to Meizhou to reissue her visa.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:10:11 am by Rhonald »

Paul Todd

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 08:12:39 am »
Thanks to Maxx for reviewing this post:-

As the founder of US Visa Toolbox I get lots of questions about the immigration timeline for a spouse of a U.S. Citizen applying for and receiving a K3 Marriage Visa to enter the United States. As you will see, the immigration timeline for a Chinese spouse has increased by a few months over the past five years in part from the work load of our U.S. Consulates overseas. The same waiting time applies to the K1 Fiancee Visa as they are both based on an approved I-129F Petition.

China Marriage For U.S. Citizens 2005 - 2009

To give you an example of the immigration timeline changes I'll give you actual case studies from the couples we have helped at US Visa Toolbox and my own marriage in China in 2005. On February 28th, 2005 I married my wife Xiaoying at her home town in Nanning, China. Two months later when I returned to the U.S. I filed my first paperwork with the United States Citizens and Immigration Service (USCIS). After providing all the documentation and filing the necessary Petitions with my regional USCIS office my case was sent to the National Visa Center in Portsmouth, NH and I was sent an approval notice telling me my case would be forwarded to the U.S Consulate in Guangzhou, China. This phase of the K3 Marriage Visa process took a little over 3 months.

U.S. Consulate in China - Interview For The K3 Marriage Visa

The U.S. Consulate in China received the approved Petitions and supporting documents from the National Visa Center for their review. It was 4 months later that my wife received the first of 2 letters. The first letter came to her with a packet of forms and instructions on how to apply for the K3 Marriage Visa. She was to report for a medical exam, and send back to them the required forms and fees. She was to include a Registered Marriage Certificate, Death or Divorce Certificates from any previous marriages, a Passport to the United States, Proof of Financial Support (Form I-134 Affidavit of Support) provided by the U.S. sponsor, Clear Criminal Law Certificate from all places of residence since the age of 16 along with the forms for the K3 Marriage Visa application.

One month after the U.S. Consulate received the information back from my Chinese spouse they sent her the second letter informing her to appear for an interview. From the time I filed my first paperwork with USCIS to the date my wife received a K3 Marriage Visa to enter the United States covered a timeline of 8 months. She arrived in Chicago on December 23, 2005.

Immigration Timelines For a China Marriage in 2009

A China marriage for a U.S. Citizen and the process for the K3 Marriage Visa has increased by a few months in 2008-2009. The couples we have helped and the many that contact me report 12-14 months before a Chinese spouse receives a K-3 Marriage Visa to enter the U.S. This immigration timeline is the same for U.S. Petitioners applying for the K1 Fiancee Visa. Both the K1 and K3 U.S. Consulate interviews are based on an approved I-129F Petition and there is no advantage to one being quicker. This may go against what some will tell you but in resent years the laws have changed and the facts are in the proof. We find that the final goal of a foreign spouse obtaining the 10 year Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) to Citizenship is quicker and less money by way of the K3 Marriage Visa.

US Visa Toolbox is a resourse of U.S. Citizens who have navigated the process of immigrations. We provide knowledge, experience, and support to a growing community. Your source for first-hand information. http://usvisatoolbox.com

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 08:56:40 am »
13 months!, jeeze you yanks must be very patient guys. Hope its nothing like that for here, though i wouldn't bet on it.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 10:22:20 am »
Rhonald yes I agree it is a good idea to have your visa before you leave for your trip.That is along way to go.Just to get stopped at the border for a couple of days.
Ronan it can be real tough 11 to about 13,14 months is about the right time frame.If you get denied or your lady application is rejected.It can run up over 2 years.I met a guy in Guanzghou.Who had ben at it over 2 halfe years.

Can't say this enough hire a  lawyer, The paperwork is straight forward and easy to fill out.But there is loop holes false information.They don't tell you all the things you will need  in the paperwork packet.A good immagration attourney knows what to watch out for.The average person doing this the first time doesn't
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 10:30:23 am by maxx »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »
Well Max I got my fingers crossed as I filed the paperwork myself. My ex-brother-in-law did his own for his wife with no problems. But you are right that experience can uncover problems. I asked for Beijing to processes because 80% get done in 5 months but I was denied. So it will be about 13 months for us with Hong Kong doing the processing.

Martin

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009, 07:00:06 pm »
I asked for Beijing to processes because 80% get done in 5 months but I was denied. So it will be about 13 months for us with Hong Kong doing the processing.

Why were you denied Beijing?  Where in China is she living?  I am hoping for Beijing as well.  Although she lives in Guangzhou, her household thingy has her registered in Hunan Province which is generally covered by Beijing.  I saw the something on foreign affairs website that listed waiting times...Beijing is much faster than Hong Kong.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 07:34:14 pm »
Martin you might be lucky. Rats for me but good luck for you then. My wife's household Hakou is from the Guangdong province. Guangdong, Macau, and Hong Kong get processed from Hong Kong. The wait time use to be about 7 months but 2 months ago it changed to 13 months. When I arrived back from my trip I had a phone message from immigration saying that Hong Kong would do it. The agent said that my concern was probably in regards to Parental visas and it should not take that long. However, on their website it shows that Parental visas from Hong Kong take 16 months. So I have a feeling that I might have to wait an other year. This means that I will most likely make another trip to visit her before the year's end.

Offline zook144

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »
I see no one has posted much on here lately. But I have a couple of questions.
One is when I applied for my visa to china I stated in the appropriate box that I was visiting Shenyang. I received a multiple
entry visa. Now if I want to visit again but a different city, does it make a difference. Is my visa good for everywhere.
Also, am I to understand from reading this post, it is just as long to get a fiancee visa as a marriage visa?  Any chance for her to
get a tourist visa for the US.  Seems like I see Chinese tourists everywhere around here.
Thanks
Don
another question. I have a friend that would like to know if the waiting time is the same for the Philippines
thanks again
Don
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:31:36 pm by zook144 »
The Journey Is The Destination

Arnold

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 10:55:06 pm »
Don , to your first question , yes you can use the Visa again for another City . They don't inforce a strict policy about where you wonder about these day's . I traveled between many City's with no problem's .
A fiancee Visa is quicker than a Spouse Visa . But think of her Family when you marry her . It is worth the extra time waiting for her .
It is almost impossible for your lady to get a Tourist Visa , only in very few cases . either it's for Business or they have Family in the States or Canada already . Hope that helps .

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 11:16:19 pm »
They also have to deposit in a bank account the sum of $68,000.00RMB to insure they come back to China for a tourist visa to the U.S. of A.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:17:59 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline zook144

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 11:34:07 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='5660' dateline='1245036091'

and they can get that much money from Mr.Chen Guangyuan, as explained in this thread:

http://www.chnlove.info/showthread.php?tid=430

:icon_cheesygrin:

that's a good one MPO4747
The Journey Is The Destination