Author Topic: Visa  (Read 13470 times)

Offline davidaquincy

Visa
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:09:20 am »
Just to let everyone know. I sent in for my Visa on March 20th. I received a year Visa yesterday when I got home. So they are giving year visas at a time.

Just wanted to inform you

Offline Ed W

Re: Visa
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:16:49 am »
I applied for a 1yr multi entry visa a couple days ago and paid the expidite fee. The travel lady, india native born with very good english, seemed to understand the system well and said most Americans get a 1yr multi entry visa. I asked what would be causes of refusal and she laughed and said that's unusual since they want your money. She seemed to understand the system very well.

I should be picking my visa up today. WOOT!

Got it. 1 yr, multi entry visa.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline stuart barlow

Re: Visa
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:57:04 pm »
Any one needing info on british visa s,
 should look up this web site www.ukbahomeoffice.gov.uk.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
RE: Visa
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 11:35:02 am »
Well I went to the Chinese embassy this morning and the girl flat out AGAIN refused me a year visa, she insisted they are only for business visitors not for tourists.
Whats worse is this time is a single entry only visa..so as i've planned on going to Hong Kong, i'm going to have to apply for another visa to get back into China, its totally exasperating.
Its the same girl as last time that wouldn't give me any longer than one a three month one but at least then it was a two entry one so II could go visit Hong kong and go back again without problems, it seems she is on a crusade to make Irish visits to China as difficult as possible!

I dunno , maybe it will work to my benefit, I'm going to ask for a multiple entry one in Hong Kong, maybe they will be more reasonable there.
Which brings me to the next question, how long does it take to process a visa request in HK for the mainland???
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 10:35:54 pm »
Irish according to the sign my wife seen it only takes a couple of minutes.She seen the sign on the mainland in Zhuhai.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:36:58 pm by maxx »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:21:57 am »
Thanks maxx, I read up a bunch of websites about this last night. Seems the quickest way to get this done is to pay a travel agent to do it. I bet they'll swing a multi entry visa too just like the mail order firms in the USA seem to be able to. So, I'm taking this as a positive thing actually. Funny, when something negative happens to me regarding China the flip side seems to work out for the better.
Ling and I are going to go to the Oceanpark in HK one day so we'll just visit an agent drop off my passport, go have some fun and collect it that evening, should be no problem .
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 08:45:55 am »
Irish yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 09:27:30 am »
Irish , hope it works out well for you .
It seems , finding the right Lady is easier then all this lousy paperwork for everything .

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 11:36:33 am »
Irish,  it seem this lady does not like tourists. Or Irishmen going to marry a Chinese woman. Or she is taking a cut of the money made by this.   I  think you are doing the right thing.  Any online place in Ireland would probably have to go through her anyway.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Spruik

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 09:10:46 pm »
Will my multiple entry Chinese visa allow entry into Hong Kong (from Australia)?

And from there to mainland China (and return the same way)?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 09:27:23 pm »
From what I understand, HK does not require a Visa, because it is not part of China...even though it is.

Spruik

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 10:05:56 pm »
Canada is NOT part of the USA (United States of America)...  LOL. But it IS part of North America.

I think there is a border between the USA and Canada...  :-/

Offline China Shark

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »
Yes, there is a very distinct border between the two. Mei had to wait for me at the top of an overpass bridge. Very bizarre because all these mainlanders are waiting behind a barrier for thier friends and family coming in from Hong Kong. Mainlanders need a special pass they can get from their birth place to travel to and from Hong Kong. Kind of funny that Chinese cannot even travel to parts of thier own country. Such is life. Pretty sure it also goes for Tibet and maybe parts of Mongolia too.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Martin

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 11:39:20 pm »
I see ....

So Hong Kong is not the same as China

and

Canada is not the same as the USA

But Mexico is part of the USA.  Just ask Maxx.

Spruik

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:02 pm »
Looks like some of us here missed classes at school... (or asleep)  :D