Author Topic: Visa  (Read 13468 times)

Arnold

RE: Visa
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:42 am »
Quote from: 'Josh Markley' pid='6340' dateline='1245774375'

the nearest embassy to me is in chicago.  I have to go through a mail order service to get my visa.

Josh , that's no problem . I live 70 miles from Downtown LA , but I also prefer to do it through the Mail . Send it Registered Mail and you'll have it back in about 10 day's . The only drawback is , you need to be at Home to sign for it , or they make you pick it up at the nearest Post Office .

Vince G

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 12:40:25 am »
I have the same problem the nearest embassy is Texas. (from Florida)

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2009, 02:12:28 am »
Yeah sweet I thought i was going to have to put a rush on it haha.  If i can get it off by friday I should be good then.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 12:24:56 pm »
Well I jumped the gun last night on Yahoo chat with my wife. She showed me a letter she recieved from Hong Kong. I first thought she said that she had an interview for July 18 in Hong Kong. I thought that was quick but thought maybe she will get her visa quickly. Man I was excited:icon_cheesygrin: It turns out that June - not July 18th the embassy in Hong Kong received her documents from Immigration Canada and had started processing her file. The letter was just the standard response letter confirming her case number. Well at least another small step taken. The letter did state that she needed to resubmit 4 sets of passport pictures since the previous ones were too small.

I have read Arnold's blogsite and seen the good news of his wife's up coming interview, so I wish all the best for her and Arnold. And I guess I need to show more patience realising that it might still take another year before we are close to reuniting. But in this case I guess small news is still good news.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:25:08 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2009, 07:40:13 pm »
Rhonald I don't know Canadian immagration laws.But if the consulat in Hong Kong recieved your wifes application.It should be real soon.

Not unless Canada Does it backwards from the U.S.When the Consulate in Guanzghou recieves the application it is ussually under 90 days.From the day the consulate recieves the application.Till the day the lady has the interview.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
I hope you are right Maxx. My wife figures 3 to 5 months. Its just on the immigration web site that they have 30% of cases being done in 5 months while 80% done in 13 months. It takes about a month for seeing if the sponsor, that is me, qualifies then they send all the documentation to the consulate. So it took about 1.5 months for them to notify me that I qualified. Then they send everything to Hong Kong and Hong Kong will do the back ground check on my wife. So when the website says 5 to 13 months, I try not to be over confident on the time frame.

Well I will cross my fingers and knock on wood, ooww my head hurts, and hope you and her are right. I have to admit Maxx, you have gotten my hopes up. Of course I will keep you posted. By the way, how long did your processes take? And I bet it was worth the wait:icon_biggrin:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »
Rhonald it took us a 11 months.From the day I hired the lawyer till the day my wife recieved her visa.I have heard of it taking longer in the states.

It sounds to me like Canada is alot faster.Hopefully you won't run into any delays.Good luck.