Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 16964 times)

Offline Ed W

RE: What do you guys think?
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2009, 10:42:16 am »
I dont think i would. just block her and move on.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2009, 04:50:16 pm »
Haha .. I would have pay'd a Credit for that information on Waxberries . Like Ed suggested , just move on with the one " your Lady " , unless you like to have some " Sister's " too .:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Ed W

« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2009, 10:35:45 pm »
Here's the admire letter my wife sent to me. I thought it might give you a sense of how we began and how, what I felt was, a very sincere letter goes.

###########
Hello, dear Ed

First, I want to say hello and send my smile to you. It's nice to read your profile and got to know you. I am very interested in you. I want to know you better, so here is my mail.

I am from China and looking for my Mr. Right here, not sure if you have met your dream girl or not. But if no, I hope we can get a chance to communicate and know more about each other, I believe in destiny and I think maybe my special one is here waiting for me, and who knows who he is, so let's keep in touch and see what happens in the future, maybe the man is you!

I have two children. They all live with their father after I get divorced. I am single now. I like music and movies very much. When I am free, I like traveling, doing some housework and shopping. I also like to share my time with my friends. What do you like to do when you are free?

I am easy going. I am very honest and loyal. I am looking for the right man in my life. I want to share my life with him. I am a romantic woman. I would like to share the most romantic moment in my life with the man I love. Are you the right man?

After I divorced, I am being single. I feel lonely especially when I'm free, so after so many years, I really want to find a friend, a lover and a soul mate. I do hope that he can take care of me, protect me and love me, and I would like to do the same for him, we can share the happiness and sadness in our lives together. Maybe you are the lucky man!

I am really very interested in what you have written. I think we share some same interests. I am serious. I am looking for a serious relationship leading to marriage. I am not playing games here. I don't want to waste time too. I would like to be your friend first. What about you?

I just want to find the man I love, and get together with him. No matter where he is, no matter whether he is rich. I believe there's someone waiting for me, I'm a romantic woman, but I don't breach realism. I think people should have the nice desire of their own.

I attach a photo in this letter. Do you like it? I am very sincere, and if you want to know me, please write to me.

Look forward to your reply. Thanks.

Sincerely, Anne
############

As you can see, it's not overly flattering but simple and genuine. No empty promises but only a chance to openly get to know each other and see what could happen. Any wonder why her words  caught my eye? well, not to mention her stunning photo. hehe.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2009, 12:01:22 am »
Wow Ed , that is some wonderful Admire letter . No wonder you fell for this Woman . If all were writen like this  , how could anybody have a second thought about not being real . But I'm sure this letter didn't come without your Sincere and Honest inspiration to such a reply .
Thanks for sharing ... lovely . I also can imagine the lovely Photo send by Anne , no need to see it . I'm sure it's as beautiful as her letter .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2009, 12:16:55 am »
Yes Ed, wonderfull letter. And from your blog site I see her beauty in your posted pictures match the sincerity in her letters.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Ed W

« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2009, 01:19:55 am »
I wish I could convey how truley accurate her admire letter really was. She's all that and thousands of times more. I think her reservation to be friends first is what was the trick. I felt she wasn't sending a hook but only baiting me with a reasonable chance to know her better.

Like Arnold said, if all would approach it like this, and I mean western men as well as chinese ladies, I feel there would be marriages all over the place.

It's a guess but I feel that many of these ladies are, of course, ignorant to dating a western man and have no idea how to approach it and instead of the translator letting her speak from the heart, instill their own version of an introduction statement and, although well intending, make it far too over-the-top; if you get my meaning.

Here's a thought. no idea where to go with it but I'll pitch it and see if someone has some good idea what to do with it, but why not provide a guideline for translators to follow so they don't get so carried away.?

[had to edit my own post but I think i'll contact my translator and discuss this with her. She did great with us, why not share her ability to show a lady for who she really is?]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 01:23:29 am by Ed W »