Author Topic: What do you guys think?  (Read 17021 times)

Offline Ed W

Re: What do you guys think?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2009, 06:09:09 am »
Josh, my grilling was mostly about making sure I knew what kind of wife I had and what kind of wife she will be for me.

It seemed clear that the importance was on me that I understood and was ok with that. I admit she dutifuly takes care of everything but I do my best to keep a balance...
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Arnold

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2009, 04:49:23 pm »
Awsome Josh , some of these Women are really like a dream come true . Also , the way we do find them , is even more amazing . Start counting the day's , if you not already are .

Offline Hajo

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2009, 02:52:22 am »
Josh, instead of being sad, you should look forward to see her again soon. Happyness is always better than sadness. Look always on the bright side!! I know it's easier to say than to do, but give it a try. Don't worry, be happy...for the relationship you two have.

Instead of telling yourself "I have to wait 5 more days", say "it's 2 days less to seeing her again". Take  care and remember, you are a very lucky man because you are in love   ;)
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Mike Moore

« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 07:48:00 pm »
Good question, Vince. As large as some of the cities are, I imagine it might be a chore for a lady to visit the agency regularly. I heard somewhere that the translator sometimes calls and reads the mail to some that are without computer access. I would like to think that the letters are perfectly translated and sent to the lady, but I'm beginning to doubt the level of customer service some of these agencies provide.

Offline cHi

« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2009, 09:24:51 pm »
Quote from: "Vince G"
Ok, question for the "experienced" guys  :D or anyone that has seen the letters they receive? So they get the letter in english? or chinese? (Pinyin or character) or both? eng/chn. Do the agency print out a photo on a sheet of paper or on photo paper?  :?

I just asked one of my ladies - she speaks very good english so we chat for an hour or two every day.  For her, she received the exact English copy of my letter, because she can understand it.  After 7 days / 3 EMFs we moved to direct contact.   I asked about ladies who do not understand English very well, and she said they will receive essentially a Chinese translation of your email.  It *should* be the literal translation (or closest thing to it), but may contain some smoothing over from the translator, depending upon how far along you two are.  I think I read somewhere that someone who was going to China was bringing a copy of their letters and would compare?  I'm sure the amount of literal translation depends on the translator, but it should remain pretty close to the original.

As for pictures, they printed it out for her on normal paper, but I assume that could vary per agency.  Her agency is P566

Offline Danny

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009, 07:19:34 am »
Don, you have to trust your woman. It doesn't matter if she's Chinese or a Westerner. It's an act of faith. If your start getting jealous about phone calls and stuff you're going to ruin it. It's far better to be betrayed than to ruin a good relationship by starting to mistrust a good woman. It's far more likely, in my opinion that there's nothing going on, than she's brazenly seeing guys on the side. I think just take it easy: relax and be happy!

Offline cHi

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2009, 12:59:48 am »
Yea it surprised me too - she's at work right now but when she gets home and on the web cam I will ask if she can show me one of the pictures so I can verify.  I'm rather curious now ;)

Arnold

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:38 am »
Vince , to your question . Qing alway's received my letter's ( in English ) through her E-Mail box and the chinese version over the Phone from our translator in Guangzhou . She writes a reply in chinese and sends it back to her and so forth . I know , because she has all my letter's in a nice folder that she showed me on my first visit . Just like me at home had all of her's printed out and filed neatly .

Arnold

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2009, 11:52:01 pm »
Vince , do you also read them over from the beginning , when your bored and have nothing to do , or just to look back how it all came about ? It's amazing how one little letter can start such a Life changing relationship , between two People half way around the world , when it is so hard to do it face to face here , especially when one is a shy Person . This has it's adventages over normal dating for sure .

Offline zook144

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009, 11:47:54 am »
Ok guys. I'm a little embarrassed to post this. And I don't know if this is the correct place to put it. But I do need to know what you think. If not the right place, please move to correct one.  ok here we go.  As some of you know I am currently in Shenyang.  Had the translator on the first day and things went relatively smooth. Today we had the electronic translator and I used Babel on Yahoo quite a bit. She seemed to understand that more than the electronic translator. But things kind of went south today. Of course we have a language problem. And don't let anyone tell you its not a problem, because it is.  But you keep trying.  Now here's the "what do you guys think" part. And also the embarrassing part cause I'd know what it meant in USA, but maybe things different here.  She has been getting phone calls all the time. And I could swear its a guy most of the time.  Now she runs a clothing store and her and translator say its the store calling. But I thought she said a girl ran it when shes gone. But some calls are later at night. And heres the part I don't get.  She gets a call tonight about 8:25pm and it sure sounds like a guy. Then hangs upand says she has to go meet her elder sister. I say "you don't have any relatives in Shenyang"  "Shes visiting and wants to see me"  "Where are you going to stay?" "I will help get hotel for sister"  "Are you sure thats your sister, sounds like a guy on the phone"  calls translator and talks heatedly for a couple minutes...then translator talks with me and says she is visiting elder sister.   "Uh-Huh.....oookaay!!"  Then she leaves without purse, makeup bag, or nightgown.  Now what in the world am I to make of this.  I emailed translator and told her, I was not real happy with the story.  I told Emily, (the lady in question) bring your sister by in the morning and we'll all have breakfast.  She was happy to say yes and away she went.
Now here's where you guys come in "what do you think"     By the way so far the agency seems to be ok. Except for charging me for the airport ride to hotel which Emilytold me was free ...translator has relayed everything pretty much correctly as far as I can tell...and pictures were not too far off.  Hopefully its all just a cultural thing or misunderstanding.
 Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2009, 12:33:37 pm »
Don , just relax and the 24 hour rule applies , but cut it down to 12 , most Chinese women who are in business can run rings around Westerners , their phones are rarely off , and you should go with the flow as most would not take kindly to questions being asked , they also move around their cities with great speed and their brains are always in top gear .
 Anyone in business over there can expect work related calls day and night along with deliveries anytime 5 am till midnight so anything goes and it does .
 If you have a query ask the translator as it would seem she is central to your visit , even though my GF spoke only 1 word of English after 24 hours we both preferred to use our electronic translator which was a Besta with a stylus pen so she could write Characters and the machine converted to English and English was converted back for her sentence by sentence , so keep cool and have a great time , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Chong

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2009, 01:34:52 pm »
Don, relax. Even a lady can have guy friends / male cousins etc ... At this point, it really doesn't matter. You're there, enjoy her company !!! After all your communications, you have to trust her. As a businesswoman, she probably deals with many male associates / suppliers, etc ...

Enjoy your time in Shenyang. I was there last Nov. Take her ( and her sister ) to either one of these restaurants for lunch ... Majia Shaomai Guan or San Sheng Yuan Dumplings Restaurant

Offline zook144

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009, 02:44:34 pm »
Thanks guys, I'll calm down a bit. Maybe I'm just a bit paronoid. Or however you spell it. :geek:
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Hajo

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2009, 12:53:54 am »
Don, you have to remember the culture different. In my believes the girls in China don't just screw with some guy. They aren't as "free" as we are in the west. Because of the "fredom" the girls have in the western world, we guys are to suspicious, I think.

She is probably just a busy girl with a lot of "irons in the fire". The language barrier demands a lot of trust. I have experienced a lot of this ups and downs myself. Mostly because of a lack of trust. But in my case it seems to be to much "western" thinking and mistrust.

Read my blog and you will see you are not the only one fighting those problems. Hang in there, Don.

My blog:  http://thebesteverhappenedtome.blogspot.com/
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Arnold

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2009, 01:16:46 am »
I have to agree with Robert/Chong/Hajo , if it's Business , she will act as she needs to do . If it's a Family thing , you are not yet included into those kind of matter's , until your married to her . So do relax , give her some space . Think if she was with you in your Country , by herself , and you would be getting phone calls all the time , from Women or Men , it doesn't matter , her knwing the western way's , would it not make it even worse for her , being in that kind situation ?
I am sure , she will explain it all to you , when the time is good . Don , and more important , it will make you look better in her Eyes , to be so understanding .