Author Topic: Gift ideas?  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Andy

Gift ideas?
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:17:18 pm »
I am not good at giving gifts. I am off to Changsha next Saturday and still I have yet to purchase gifts. I want to buy gifts for my lady and the translator and also the translators one year old baby. Do you guys have anything specific that will be a good gift? I was thinking of a picture book that shows Los Angeles and area. A friend told me to buy her a bag. Hmmm...what does a one year old like to chew on these days?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Gift ideas?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:33:04 pm »
Why buy a gift for the translator?  Do they not make enough out of us when we meet the ladies.   They are all trained to make the lady their friend but are they really?  As soon as there is a problem in a relationship they are gone to their another 'friend' who is a better potential marriage commision  prospect.  In my experience no-  they are only interested in how much they can make from each visiting client.  How many men get an emf before their visit saying the lady wants an interpreter present on the first meetings - who adds that to the emfs sent to you - the interpreters!!!    

I would only buy a translators 1 year old child a gift if I had been visiting 21 months earlier!!

Come on Andy what is exciting about Los Angeles?  Where is the city centre?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 07:35:15 pm »
A one year old chews on something you can't supply. :icon_biggrin:
Your in LA, Bring some LA logo T-shirts "I'm a Star" for the kid? Your local things can bring smiles.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 07:35:56 pm by Vince G »

Offline Andy

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 07:46:20 pm »
I am trying to befriend the translator. She helped me rent out an apartment for a good deal. I chat with her on QQ sometimes and she seems to be a nice woman. I am trying to follow an advice someone here gave. He became good friend with the translator and she/he started to translate the letters for free. I want to get off from the EMF letters and hopefully she will help me.

Something with LA logo? like the dodgers cap? I guess Willy talking about Hollywood?

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 07:52:51 pm »
Not Hollywood Andy.  Every city has a recognised city cenre and the metropolis spreads out from there but LA is just a sprawl of connecting towns and villages with no real centre.  San Franscico has a centre but not LA.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 08:24:37 pm »
What i had bought :huh: for the translator was a small picture frame because she just got married in September.. Just something for her desk...

Hehe anyone wanna buy some ex presents...ROFLMAO....hahahahha

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 08:35:07 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='20363' dateline='1255739463'

Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='20362' dateline='1255739077'

Hehe anyone wanna buy some ex presents...ROFLMAO....hahahahha

Re-Gift Rob ..... Re-Gift !!!!  :icon_cheesygrin:

hehe i intended too mate...this was just a joke   hehehe:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:48:34 pm »
Andy,

You seem to have been writing to this lady for sometime now. I suggest while your there in China, you tell the Translator that you want your ladies agency email address. As i have pointed out many times in the past, all these ladies have an email  address allocated to them. Once you have that address the correspondence between you and your lady is free to you and works exactly the same way as the EMF's, eg  translation both ways. It is actually a part of the contract to which your lady paid for, on joining the agency.

The EMF system, is just a bonus to the agencies, extra monies if you like, so they try and hang on to chnlove clients as long as possible!!  ...just pure greed on the agency part!!

David....
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:56:27 pm by David5o »

Paul Todd

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »
Andy
They love face cream type stuff. I went into the local beauty salon and they told me what to buy. Went down very well, so well that one pot was never given to the intended relative but kept by my wife! The pots are small and easy to pack for the plane too.
I think I got the idea from Arnold ! Well who else!
Best of luck on your trip

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »
Yes Paul , Arnold needs that face creme stuff :dodgy:
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

brett

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 10:39:53 pm »
I am very puzzled about the gift giving here. The thing my lady has most liked that I've bought for her is a can of coke in a shaped aluminium bottle that you normally can only get in Japan. She took it to show her parents and her father was fascinated :icon_cheesygrin:.

Paul Todd

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 12:35:06 am »
Err, I hate to ask this Brett but how did the posh Indian tea in a tin go down with your ladies mother?, hehe hehe
only joking mate:icon_cheesygrin:

brett

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 10:09:27 am »
Yeah well all the gifts were a huge puzzle to them. But at the end of the day as long as gifts are brought it's unimportant. Regifting is big here!

Offline Andy

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:31:57 am »
Quote from: 'abigbutt' pid='20440' dateline='1255815746'

Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='20369' dateline='1255743529'

Andy
They love face cream type stuff. I went into the local beauty salon and they told me what to buy. Went down very well, so well that one pot was never given to the intended relative but kept by my wife! The pots are small and easy to pack for the plane too.
I think I got the idea from Arnold ! Well who else!
Best of luck on your trip

hahaha Paul...while I was in Changsha I seen a infomercial on a product called "Snow White"...This was to make their faces whiter! Remember these people love buttwhite skin!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

Hey Andy, I'm originally from Huntington Beach...dude if your going to buy a baseball cap...make it the Angels!!! I bought a bunch of Hersey's bars, the big ones, everybody loves chocolate...they may have Hersey's there butt I don't remember seeing them...living in Vegass I bought a bunch of souvenirs from Vegass and everything was made in China!!! LOL...I hope your trip goes great...Changsha is a fun city! An evening stroll near the river is romantic! DON'T EAT PIZZA HUT...a friend told me to stay away from the spicy dishes...no problems till I ate PizzaHut...gut was wrenched for a day and those lovely toilets....my bigbutt seen plenty of action!

My girl sells cosmetics so I am not sure about buying more creams.
So you are an Angels fan? I am not into baseball so either way is fine with me. I am renting an apartment not far from the river. It is close enough to see the river so I think we are going to that evening stroll quite often. I do not like pizza hut so that is going to be easy to skip. My brother makes way better pizza. :icon_biggrin: Have you seen any Kung Fu Chain restaurants in Changsha?

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 12:10:50 pm »
Just a reminder , anybody going on their second or third Trip ... will need not to bring any Gift's ( but your Lady's ) . What I do , I tell them all ... I will take them all out at a Restaurant of their choice , for a great Dinner . As much as they love to Eat in China , this is it . Well works for me anyway .
 Yes , the Perlier Product's I have bought one my first Trip went over very nice , they all loved the smell ( made from Honey ) and it leave your Skin so smooth and smelling good . Makes your Lady irresistible , in Private that is .:blush:

Oh , for People going to Shanghai !

" Jin zao , wu qing nong sheng wa " ! Today , I like to take you out for Dinner ! ( Shanghainese )
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:53:03 pm by Arnold »