Author Topic: Thank you Letter to the Brotherhood...Please No replies...  (Read 1078 times)

Scottish_Rob

Thank you Letter to the Brotherhood...Please No replies...
« on: October 19, 2009, 08:09:32 pm »
To the best bunch of guys I have the pleasure of knowing...

Maybe not knowing in person, but through the internet.  I would love to someday like to meet each and everyone of you and shake your hands...

Dear brothers
I call you that because this is truly what you all are.  I have met many hundreds of people in my life time and have become friends and or aqquaintence's with many.  But the ones that stick in my heart will be the ones who done what they did to KEEP my relationship open and alive.  What you all done for me was (as Salendrum (Scott) said)) AWESOME...AND I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

On my trek with Keren these past 11 months and 10 day (not that I counted), you have all been supportive throughout and have replied (mostly) with encouragement and sometimes with telling it like it is.  This my friends, IS the BEST way to support people, seeing the two sides of the picture.  I am sure that many brothers feel that this is not the way to do things, but I have to disagree with them...

There were something like 13 or 14 letters sent to her on my behalf.  Now considering the amount of members here, this does not seem like many.  However, to me it was monumental.  and I would like to thank you all personally, and to let you all know, If YOU ever need me for anything and it is possible, then it is yours.  I will always be ready for you guys.  I know I mentioned this in my reply to your letters in both threads that i am talking about.

what I cannot for the life of me get over is, the way each letter was so different, yet meant the same thing.  You all made some really good point, and showed my 'good' traits that I did not know I HAD (lol).  I did not know that I had 'Touched' so many people with my posts and humour etc.  Gentlemen, what each and everyone of you don't realise (I think) is how this will now affect me in many fields, Will I NOW say only GOOD things?  Well to be perfectly honest I won't, if anything I will now be more aware of things, more enlightened and focused about translations etc.

I have had the 'bad' feeling of being knocked back by ladies before, and I will do so again.  My stature has been a problem for me for ever (lol) and NO DOUBT it will be again.  The thing that hurt the most in this problem was not Keren breaking it off, it was her Father or Family.  He was wrong to do what he done by his daughter, However, his culture dictates this, I should have known...  The one thing that I know is if I was not a strong person then I would not have survived.

There is one thing that I will blame Keren for, and that is for not informing him of my height.  She knew, as was said, this was a 'Relationship Breaker.'  However has anyone considered HER REASON for doing it this way?  She mentions it plainly, " I wanted my family to love you in their hearts, as I do...".  Is this the LOVE of a good and decent woman?

I ask that no one replies on this please.  This is something I want all the brothers to see, past present and future.  To show what this forum means to the lonely and the brave.  And how people help one another in times of NEED

Again it is my honour and privilage to know you all, and once again I thank each of you...On that note I will finish..

Thank you..

Your friend and Brother
Robert O'Donnell

(Aka Scottish_Rob)

Mods...Please close this thread...