Author Topic: qq international  (Read 13582 times)

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
qq international
« on: October 23, 2009, 10:29:08 am »
hiya guys  i am having a problem, i have downloaded QQ  and everything was fine had a simple letter from my girl to make surre everything was working ok ,
hey i was happy got my girls letter in english  also my mail box was in english to ,
but to my dismay when i received  my girls latest letter i could not belive it  my mail box was totaly in chinese and of course was heir letter ,
i have tryed everything to rectifiy this problem
my question is guys as anyone had the same problem ?
and if so how to fix it ?
As a footnote i have re-installed the program and still no result
and it was the english version ,
so at the moment chnlove are still taking money of me for my letters
any help would be appreciated  guys
with regards  joe  Manchester England :huh::huh::huh:

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
RE: qq international
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:16:26 pm »
Hi Joe.

I use QQ to chat with people sometimes, i have made a few QQ friends in China whilst online. One girl does not speak a word of English, so all of her QQ messages come thru in Chinese script, as this is how she has typed them, either on a computer or from her phone. I could be wrong but i do not believe QQ translates anything. Is your girl saying she wrote them in English, but it translated it back into Chinese before you got them? Or did she write them in Chinese? What i then do is to copy and then paste them onto a translation site called MDBG, this gives a fairly accurate translation, you can then also write a sentence in English and it will translate this into Chinese, then copy and paste it back onto QQ. it's a little long winded i know, but it does work. Tho the longer the sentence can be, it sometimes can translate it a little strange, but you can kinda work out the gist of what they are trying to say. Not sure how good it would work on an entire email tho.

Hope that helps you.

Andy...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:43:35 pm by wilsbrough »
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:12 am »
Joe, i don't think QQ translates anything?, I guess your lady wrote the first letter in English, or had a friend or her translator help with it.
I would just copy and paste it into google translator or one of the other many online ones. They don't do a great job but you should be able to figure out the meaning.
You can work the reverse, but i would make sure she realises the Chinese you write might come across as strange!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:11:17 am »
I use a translation software the reverses and you can read what it is sending.  VERY important.  If you read my posts you know the story.  I am having a problem with mobile QQ on my blackberry.  I installed palringo but it is having problems establishing QQ.  i do not know of any other English version of QQ for mobile phones. i would appreciate if anyone knows one.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 11:18:47 am »
Joe,

QQ does not translate. QQ sends the message as it get posted. My wife uses "Youdau" dictionary to translate. I know because my wife and I use it when we have to discuss more complicated issues where our spoken communication is not good enough. She translates the messages and then she posts them in english.

I use mostly "mdgb.net", because it shows the words that are translated. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:20:51 am by Hajo »
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 05:10:32 am »
Hi Joe,

I noticed the same, the Email client page has changed from English to Chinese a few days ago ... oh well. Probably a maintenance mistake on the QQ team side, or they decided there was not enough traffic to keep the client in English. As long as the Chat client doesn't revert to Chinese ... :icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

Offline dandreis.marco

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 08:31:24 am »
i found that pidgin work with qq account too, so you can try that if qq client give ya troubles, personally i will use pidgin since my windows pc  i try to use it almost only for play and i have ubuntu on my laptop.
i know i will find my lady, i know is hard but i will do my best and i wont give up easily :angel:

brett

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 01:01:53 pm »
On the subject of QQ, I keep getting people wanting to add me to my buddies list. My lady wasn't at all pleased when a random lady added herself to mine when I was in China. Are these people likely to be scammers, women in search of husbands or rogue computer viruses? I used to get a similar thing with the AOL IM thing but the same doesn't seem to happen to MSN.

:huh:

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 08:12:19 am »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='20913' dateline='1256397077'

I use a translation software the reverses and you can read what it is sending.  VERY important.  If you read my posts you know the story.  I am having a problem with mobile QQ on my blackberry.  I installed palringo but it is having problems establishing QQ.  i do not know of any other English version of QQ for mobile phones. i would appreciate if anyone knows one.

I think there is a Blackberry version of QQ available, the interface is Chinese though, although it's not hard to figure out how to use it by trial and failure. QQ keep their protocol closed as opposed to other IM providers like MSN and Yahoo. That's why Palringo had to stop supporting QQ, iMove doesn't work and EQO doesn't either and stopped operating. So the only solution I found was to use a Chinese client.

You can see the available mobile versions here.

Select your phone brand (the pull down is Chinese but the logos are displayed once you select something so you should find your brand with a little patience.

I am using QQ Mobile on a Windows Mobile Phone, WM6 to be precise on HTC Touch 3G (T3232). The older version of QQ mobile 2008 could not connect other than on GPRS, so it worked fine in China with my China Mobile prepaid SIM but not over here in France where I have 3G/Edge data access. The most recent build n°92 fixed this for me, I upgraded today and now have QQ Mobile 2008 running fine here in France, how cool is that?

There is a version for iPhone, and on the side, for people in China or planning to go soon, you can find the Chinese copy of the iPhone 3 GS with Wifi (the official one doesn't have wifi in China), of course GPS, Bluetooth, 3G HSDPA, Edge ... with the original iPhone software on it :icon_cheesygrin: and capability for double sim card for 850 RMB and probably less if you can't be spotted as a tourist. The phone seems to be on par the original, I played with it and the processor seems faster, it has the gravity sensor and all the nifty zooming panning and what have you on the screen, and battery life is supposedly better. Maybe it's not quite as neatly manufactured as the original, maybe the screen is not quite as good as the original, but it looks excellent all the same, I might get one to play with next time.

Maybe it would be interesting to start a techy thread on this? I'd be glad to help build a neat topic to introduce QQ to forum members. This could all go in a forum subsection like telecommunications, information would be much easier to find than right now.

Any mod opinion on this? How a bout a techy section in all about China?

Cheers,
Frank

Quote from: 'brett' pid='21606' dateline='1257098513'

On the subject of QQ, I keep getting people wanting to add me to my buddies list. My lady wasn't at all pleased when a random lady added herself to mine when I was in China. Are these people likely to be scammers, women in search of husbands or rogue computer viruses? I used to get a similar thing with the AOL IM thing but the same doesn't seem to happen to MSN.

:huh:

Brett,

There is a privacy setting in the control panel where you can adjust settings so nobody can add you.

Frank
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 08:25:54 am by Voiceroveip »
Go deep or don't go

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:49:46 am »
I'm pretty sure he means the qq email website is in Chinese.  I've never used it.  I'd just make myself a yahoo or hotmail email and have her send email to that address instead - that's what my lady does.  While it's easiest to use your qq email address,  I'm sure she will understand if you want to use a different one.  Google translate can translate entire websites, but it will have trouble with flash pages.  If you want to go that route.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 05:02:30 pm »
Ok then I have a tip which works wonderfully for me:

Install google toolbar in IE, once on the email page hit the translate button.

And don't thank me, thank Martin who gave me this excellent idea earlier today.

Cheers,
Frank
Go deep or don't go

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='27890' dateline='1263160950'

Ok then I have a tip which works wonderfully for me:

Install google toolbar in IE, once on the email page hit the translate button.

And don't thank me, thank Martin who gave me this excellent idea earlier today.

Cheers,
Frank

And don't thank me, because it was Ed that gave me the idea.

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 12:19:24 am »
here is a question about QQ i installed it on my computer now mind you i live in
 China and all of a sudden while i had it installed i was getting a godzillion viruses
 and it didnt stop till i uninstalled it??? what do you think on this as i am not to computer savy???

brett

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 03:42:47 am »
Try installing zonealarm and malwarebyte's anti-malware. Some viruses can be really difficult to remove so they keep coming back - anti-malware can remove a lot of rubbish that anti-virus packages overlook.

Chinese made software does seem to make anti-virus software go crazy though - be careful with it!

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 08:39:58 am »
I'm running Avast on one machine, Zonealarm + Avira Antivirus on the other, and I have no problems to report. I'm using the latest QQ International version, but I was fine with the older English one as well...

If you have virusses on your PC, reboot it into safemode after having installed some anti virus software (Avira is excellent and free: http://www.free-av.com/ , or Avast of course), and sweep and clean, then reboot as usual, should be ok. Same goes for malware, although I don't seem to catch any so I'm not using any particular software for it ...
Go deep or don't go