Author Topic: Re: Happy now!!!  (Read 32337 times)

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
Re: Happy now!!!
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:44 pm »
Michael thank you for the advice, sorry for your ladies loss very difficult.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
Happy now!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:54:19 pm »
Hi all, I had been talking with a woman from Fujian for about three months now, I haven't said anything about this to anyone here or at Chnlove because I didn't know if it would last, and by the way she is here in the States, has been for 5 years and has devorced her American husband for 2 years now, any way, we went back to China a month ago because her mother was sick and in the hospital, she was dying and my lady wanted to see her one last time so off we went, while we were there I asked her to marry me and she said yes, her Uncle arranged so the wedding ( Buddist ) was held in the hospital room so Mama could see her daughter being married, two days later Mama died, well we are home now with her daughter and my son trying to make two houses one home and two cultures one, it's not easy but it sure will never be boring.
I am the happiest man in the world with the exception of maybe those others that are married to a Chinese woman, to those of you that have known me for awhile I hope you understand my not saying anything before this as I wanted to talk it over with my Lao Po first.
For those of you who are still in a search, and those that are still in the early part of a relationship, don't give up, keep at it, and above all remember these things,
1) Chinese women DO NOT want to be controlled but at the same time they want some limits from you.
2) Chinese women can be very very jealous and need reassurances from you.
3) Don't just say you love her, you need to SHOW her you love her, remember, words are cheap and I don't mean $$    wise, do little things for her or better yet for her family or better still her child.
4) always remember that she will think better of you if you ask her for her opinion on anything.
There is more you should know but, that is all I'm going to say for now, again good luck and have fun.
Bye the way so's you know I asked her opinion about posting this before I did it. LOL
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Carl

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:30 pm »
Great post, Michael. Thanks for the words of advice and insight.  :ugeek:

Offline Ed W

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:11:29 pm »
That's great to hear Michael. Our best wishes are with you and your family.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Chong

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 07:26:23 pm »
Double M ... Thanks for your story !!!  :)

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 08:51:33 pm »
Congrats guy and thanks for your advice I will surely use it.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Martin

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 09:21:42 pm »
Good story, and great advice!  Congrats. :D

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 10:39:31 pm »
Michael I'm glad to hear it's working out for you.It's nice to see that you tried again after it didn't work the first time.

Offline David

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:39:52 am »
I am happy for you Michael and thank you for the good advice!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 06:11:59 pm »
Thank you guys and I wish for all of you to have the good fortune I have, and I wish you all a happy family, good luck.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 10:55:36 am »
Just read your story mate, all I can say is THANK YOU for these invaluable tips, even though as you probably know it's common sense, treat the lady you are with the way you would like to be treated.  Anyway from the mad Scotsman congrats to you and yours mate.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 12:32:27 pm »
Congrats Michael.  I would like to hear about your wedding though.  i understand it was probably a little rushed but what was the ceremony like.  My lady is also a Buddhist, although not a big practitioner. But I think she would probably want a wedding like that.  If  we had one my way it would be sort of weird.  A Southern Christian Democrat Buddhist wedding.  I wouldnt even know where to begin with that one. lol.  Your list is also a good one I think. There are 3 things to a long term marriage.  The 3 C's.  Commitment, Communication and the ability to Completely Cave in when necessary lol.  (Actually it is Compromise.  The first two are mandatory and the third saves a lot of arguments.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 12:00:30 am »
Hi guys, sorry for the late come back been in the mountians with my new wife and our two children, what a blast, they never seen white tailed deer up close before or bears, never been on a horse also, I never laughed so much in my life.
Jadams,thank you but her Mama was very sick for a long time and the Chinese do deal with this differently then we do it seems.
Rob, yeah it's mostly common sense like you've said and thats why we tend to forget them.
Arnold, thank you, you and Maxx know more about what I have been through then most and sorry I could not say more about this amazing woman before but, she asked me to wait before I told anyone outside of family, she is from Fujian, and has been here in the states long enough to now have her 10 year Green card.
JimB, well yeah it was rushed a bit, but it made Mama happy to see her little girl being married, there was a monk there and he said a few things in Chinese of course ( I still don't know what he said ), there were two small brass cups of wine tied together be a thread of red silk, we had to pick them up intwine ourarms and drink the wine in the cups with out breaking the thread, not as easy as it looks, the monk said somethink else and I could take off that silly looking hat, but, my new wife looked like a princes, after we returned home we were married in a church, I think I liked the buddist wedding better, much faster.
It was a little crowded in the hospital room but it was fun, we had a big meal there from a resturant delivered to the room, the doctors and nurses stopped in anytime they could, and the most remembered thing to me is that when ever we are not together, it hurts inside and I wouldn't trade this for the world. :D

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2009, 04:10:42 pm »
Thank you Arnold, coming from you that means alot to me, again thank you and the same to you and all those out there. :D

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 04:52:54 pm »
Congrats mate..............