Author Topic: CHINA INFO LINK....HOW SAFE IS CHINA?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
CHINA INFO LINK....HOW SAFE IS CHINA?
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:24:34 pm »
June 4, 2009 this year will mark the 20th. anniversary of the Tiananmen Square Riot(estimated that 3,000 killed and about 10,000 injured)....in Beijing....it is possible that there may be demonstrations on the forecoming date this year.....I stumbled upon this site....but there is so much information on demonstrations in China, and China demonstrations in USA and other countries.....lots of videos at this site: <<(>/||)>>
This site also has other information to offer, which includes some of the police or goverment involvement with it's citizens....and just plain riots in China......lots of topics to research and study here....some topics just good information (awareness) about China......but one should be aware.....for most of us will be traveling to China, visiting many different areas and cities:
http://chinaview.wordpress.com/
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Chad

Re: CHINA INFO LINK....HOW SAFE IS CHINA?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 12:41:22 pm »
When I was in Beijing in november I hired a tour guide for one day and he was prpbably in his early twenties. Of course we visited Tiananmen square. Believe it or not we were discussing that riot and he told me that he was not even sure that it had realy happened.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 12:56:02 pm »
I was there a few weeks ago (see gallery pics!) and the security was unreal. There are police everywhere literally.
There's no way a riot will happen again - anyone trying to act up will be hauled away in seconds.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 01:03:26 am »
Are you talking about China as a whole Ronan or Tiananmen Square?

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:35 pm »
Tiananmen Square was super secure but i felt safe everywhere i went.
Ling for example thought it perfectly fine for her, a pretty girl to be walking around on her own at 11PM by herself, how many big western cities could you say the same?
That said there are police present everywhere and cameras everywhere, I'd say Chinese jails are grim places..so violent crime I image is lower than here.

Offline Okie_Rob

• ???
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 01:32:21 pm »
http://chinaview.wordpress.com/category ... /shenzhen/

I was in Shenzhen (Oct 31 thru Nov 17)during this riot or un-rest which started on Nov 7....and was unaware that this happened until I read this article....I never saw this on TV...while I was there...

Thousands attack police in southern China: state media
Posted by chinaview on November 8, 2008
AFP, Nov. 7, 2008-
BEIJING (AFP) ? Thousands of people attacked Chinese police in the southern city of Shenzhen from Friday afternoon to early Saturday morning, state media reported.
Xinhua news agency reported the unrest in an ?urgent? report, quoting Shenzhen city?s government saying a police car was burnt when thousands of people protested the death of a 31-year-old motorcyclist on Friday.
The report said the motorcyclist died after driving through a police checkpoint set up as part of a crackdown on illegal motor vehicles in the city?s Bao?an district.
A police officer threw his ?interphone? at the passing motorcyclist, the report said, ?who reeled down to an electric pole, got injured, and died with futile rescue efforts.?

I also saw followers of FALUN GONG:
(a religion/movement/belief) which is very un-popular by the government of China....I did not figure this out until finding this site yesterday.....

Jin and I were walking one of streets downtown Shenzhen, saw these followers all men.....kneeling down in a row on the sidewalk(about 20 of them).....as we were walking past....the local police were arriving....and getting into a formation ....Jin just frowned....and tightened her hand in mine....and hastened her pace....for us to get out of there...

I am just posting this....as an awareness.....I also felt safe in China while I was there.....but one must be aware....if something does not look right or the public seem somewhat stirred....probably one should remove themselves from the vicinity.....but all of us while visiting China will be with our ladies....and they will know what is going on.....and probably remove the both of you from any situation.
"USA, Wise Up!"  "美国,明智了! " "China has" " 中国有"

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:12:51 pm »
What is this Falun Gong?, i tried reading the Wiki article and was more confused afterwards than before, are they some kind of religious mystical magic powers nutjobs?, the article wasn't really clear on what the hell they follow except for some kind of magic mumbo jumbo?
I saw once in Guangzhou a bunch of people marching banging drums and shouting. Everyone looked away and noticeably moved the hell away...of course i got out of there too.
Unlike you are near some kind of public demonstration/protest my overriding feeling was of safety there.

Offline maxx

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 06:40:46 pm »
Ronan you have got it right about Falun Gong.They are a bunch of nut jobs.They are the ones who had all the people in Tinnaman square protesting.While the leaders of Fulan Gong were hidding somewhere else.

It is a good idea to stay the hell away from thoose people.They will bring you nothing but grief.

Offline David

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 09:48:08 pm »
Maxx what is the purpose of the Fulan Gong?  Are they opposed to the government?  A terrorist group?  Religious fanatics?

I would avoid them too but was just curious what their agenda was...

Offline maxx

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 12:52:04 am »
David from what I understand.They are religious sect that was introduced into China around 1992.They are an offfshoot of Taoist.Wich is a form of Buhdism.Buhdism like Christanity has many different sects. Of wich taoism is one and from taoist you get the Fulan Gong.

Fulan Gong reaches all across Asia and into the western world.They have tempels as far away as Sweden.They preach freedom peace spiritaulity,All the major points.

The reason the Chinese goverment has a problem with them is because they insite the people to Protest.I Dont remember when the Chinese goverment outlawed Fulan gong.But I think it was right after the Tinnaman Square incident.

That is why all visiters to China need to stay awat from the Fulan gong.They have ben outlawed in China.If you are caught protesting with them you will go to Chinese reeducation camp.Before your consulate even knows you have ben arrested

David if your really interested in learning more.Wikepeda has a real good article about Fulan Gong.It can tell you much more then I can.

Paul Todd

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 02:33:37 pm »
Just throwing this out there  http://faluninfo.net/

Offline jimbert

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 11:32:35 pm »
Quote from: "maxx"
David from what I understand.They are religious sect that was introduced into China around 1992.They are an offfshoot of Taoist.Wich is a form of Buhdism.Buhdism like Christanity has many different sects. Of wich taoism is one and from taoist you get the Fulan Gong.

Fulan Gong reaches all across Asia and into the western world.They have tempels as far away as Sweden.They preach freedom peace spiritaulity,All the major points.

The reason the Chinese goverment has a problem with them is because they insite the people to Protest.I Dont remember when the Chinese goverment outlawed Fulan gong.But I think it was right after the Tinnaman Square incident.

That is why all visiters to China need to stay awat from the Fulan gong.They have ben outlawed in China.If you are caught protesting with them you will go to Chinese reeducation camp.Before your consulate even knows you have ben arrested

David if your really interested in learning more.Wikepeda has a real good article about Fulan Gong.It can tell you much more then I can.

taoism is not a form of buddhism it is the ancient native chinese religion . buddhism started in india.
+ my mom and my chinese girlfriend agree  i'm hot +

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 11:55:09 pm »
Jimbert sorry you are right.Fulan Gong follows the teaching of Taoism wich is closer to confusiosim.