Author Topic: A NEW Kathy  (Read 2902 times)

Scottish_Rob

A NEW Kathy
« on: November 01, 2009, 03:09:34 am »
Hello guys.

Well I gone and done it again !!!  I put myself back on that damn horse lol...

After you know what, I put myself back on the market and have received many admire mails and sent out some cupids.  After careful deliberation I decided to write to this lady in Handan, Hebei province.  Her name is Meiling (Kathy) Li.  

We have exchanged about 6 letters each way so far and 'We' are starting to like each other.  Although this is in the early stage, we have concerned our selves with the more unpleasant concern I have with my height.  She has so far told me "I will introduce you to my father when I think the time is right, pls be patient". and as she said "He is only concerned with my happiness'.

Well being the guy I am, I am happy with this, at least she seems honest enough to tell me that she will not hide this, and honesty is what I am looking for in my lady.  She is 42 years old and has a daughter who is 18 years old.  She asked me to give her an English name.  The one I like the most is ('Katherine'), 'Kathy' for short.  She likes this and has told me that she would like to keep this name.  She seems to be quite intelligent also.

So there you go the Scotsman if off and running again...

Offline daghoi

RE: A NEW Kathy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 04:07:18 am »
Good news that you try again. Good luck and hope it works out this time.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 05:10:05 am »
Phew !!!!!

You dont let the grass grow under your feet...do you ??? (hahaha)

Fingers, legs and everything else crossed for you Rob...you've earned a break :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Cheers

DavidE

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 06:22:52 am »
Rob , I trust she lives near to where you will be teaching ? China is just slightly bigger than the uk in fact Beijing is almost as big as England ha ha , so it will be a long walk , but best of luck , Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 07:36:55 am »
Good luck Rob.

Hope she is the one you're looking for...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 07:32:36 pm by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 07:42:09 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Rob, nice to see your getting back at it.  Just so you know I am now living in Handan at least until I accept a teaching position.  Also I assume your agency is 329 yes?  If so its run by Daniel and Echo a young late twenties couple and they are very good.  More concerned with the ladies than scamming a few rmb.  Also the fees they charge the ladies are very reasonable.  The translator that Zhen and I had is named Una and she did not pad or fluff our letters at all so yes a really decent agency.  Also I am currently living within walking distance of the agency so if there is anything I can do to help let me know.  Just keep in mind I will not be in Handan long.

Just so you know Handan has to be the most run down beat up city in China hehe, pollution is terrible and most buildings are either being torn down or being built so the city is quite the eyesore.  Still the people are friendly and willing to help and I dont get too much attention as one of the few lao wei in town.

Also to get here you can take the bullet from Beijing to Handan and the train takes 3 hours.  Its a decent trip with only one very brief stop on the way.

I wish you luck with your lady and as I say if Zhen or I can help let us know.

Regrards,

Zhen and Brian

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 10:43:25 am »
Good luck Rob.  I hope everything works the way you want it to.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 10:45:04 am »
It must be a British thing , you know Ling LIng and Kathy Kathy :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Nobody is happier for you Rob , please make sure Kathy will tell her Dad about you way sooner then eleven month's from now . Along with the right Lady ... hope you also found the right Dad .:-/

Good Luck and since you are on your Horse again ... hope this Ride will take you to Happiness .

Vince G

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 10:46:28 am »
I would think you would have moved up a letter of the alphabet? to "L" but it's OK anyway. :icon_cheesygrin:

Good Luck

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 11:21:21 am »
HAHAHA Vince.  Good luck Rob..we are all rooting for you.

Offline ron

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:58:26 pm »
If kathy doesnt work go for kelly on the next one lol I am running out of K names Just kidding I wish you the best my friend
               Ron

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 02:07:00 pm »
Yes Ron , if your at " Z " and it does not work out .... your through with this Search , right ?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 05:44:02 pm »
Well, it's a good way to replace the old Kathy in your mind with the new Kathy.  Plus you won't have to worry about saying the wrong name in bed.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »
Quote from: 'Neil' pid='21619' dateline='1257115442'
 Plus you won't have to worry about saying the wrong name in bed.

Aren't we jumping too far ahead here ... Neil ? Let's start , trying to get her to hold Hands first . That MIGHT take the rest of this year .
Unless , you were thinking of His Dreams ?:icon_cheesygrin:

rockycoon

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009, 06:39:32 pm »
I am happy for you, lets all hope this one works out.  Neil had a great piece of advice, never yell out a different name in bed...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: