Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Chad

Computer question
« on: March 29, 2009, 12:08:29 am »
I am not sure where this question belongs so I thought I would put it here. It may be a silly questions but. In China how do you get to the internet. If you hook up your computer in your room is it the same as getting on the internet here? Or even with WiFi is that the same as well?

Chong

Re: Computer question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 05:47:30 am »
Chad, I know of three options ...

1) You're right, most hotels have internet service provided. You can log in using your laptop in your room   :D

2) Most hotels have a Business Center. On average, will cost 10 RMB for 10 minutes of internet time.  :roll:

3) Internet Cafes. Can buy a card for 15 RMB ... good for 100 minutes of internet time. Cost & time varies at different places   :?:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:29:38 pm »
Hi chad, the last time I was there, not too long ago, my hotel had internet in my room, I just hooked up my laptop and sighed in as if I were home, I guess it would be the same every where in China, I think or maybe just in my hotel, I stayed at the Guangzhou garden hotel ( I think that was the name of it ), good luck and relax and have fun. :D
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline zook144

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:54:13 am »
Hi,
I saw this question, so thought I would ask mine. Do I need any kind of converter for the electric. I see they are on 220 and my computer is 110. I don't want to blow it up when I plug it in. ha
Thanks
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline cHi

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 04:48:30 pm »
Keep in mind for your laptop, for example, you shouldn't need a power converter, just a plug adapter.  Your laptop's power converter should already do the conversion.

For example, my Dell power adapter for my laptop says "Input: 100-240v ~ 50-60hz"   It will accept 220/240v input @ 50Hz as long as my plug fits into the socket.  As already mentioned, you can get the universal plug adapters at Radio Shack, Fry's, or any electronics store.

Other items might need a power converter - such as my Nintendo DS I believe (can't find the plug at the moment) doesn't do more than 110v input, so I'd need a power adapter rather than just the plug.  You can check each of the power converts / power adapters to any electronics you will be bringing to see if you only need plugs, or the power adapters also

BTW, I just wanted to mention that I'm pretty new to Chnlove and all of this information and on-going communication is a humongous help.  Thanks guys!

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 01:27:14 am »
Well cHi , enjoy your stay here and hope it will be your start on the Journey to find the lady of your dreams . Good Luck .