Author Topic: Going In June,  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Ricky

Going In June,
« on: March 28, 2009, 09:19:57 pm »
And I have some questions.  I am in Kansas, and I have never traveled outside of the country before.  So I only really have two questions so far as I have already got all of my issues handled.  First, I know I need a passport, how do I get one, where do I start?  Secondly, I need a visa, again the previous question applies, how do I get one and where do I start?

Offline maxx

Re: Going In June,
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 10:00:09 pm »
Ricky you can get the passpost  application. at the post office.fill out the forms get your picture taken.Then take it all back to the post office .They will help you complete it at the post office.And they will collect the fees.

When you recieve your passport from the department of state. find a visa company on the enternet.I use visa express.fill out the visa application get your picture taken again.Then send it along with your passport to the visa company of your choice.When you mail it to the visa company I allways send it fed ex so I can track it on line.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 10:03:36 pm »
for passports, go here and follow the direction. http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738_2.html

for a visa i found it to be fairly cheap to go through a service. I used a local travel agency near me but there are plenty online that will assist you in obtaining a visa.

Dont forget the single status cert. it's necessaary if you intend to marry in china. That's been what i've been working on lately. If you've never been married or was previously married, you need to follow the instructions on the conuslate general website for your jurisdiction. It appears for your state:
Chinese Consulate General in Chicago covers Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin.
Consul Gen.: Mr. Tian Chunyan
Address: 1 East Erie Street, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60611.
Here's the link to the process of obatining one.

http://www.chinaconsulatechicago.org/en ... 175272.htm
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Ricky

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 10:45:57 pm »
Excellent, thanks for point me in the right direction :) Now, as far as the fees, any idea of what I'm to be looking at there? Just a ballpark is fine, I just don't want to get there and look stunned by some enormous fee, no matter how worth it, it is :)

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 10:55:38 pm »
about 250.00 for the passport  and about 150.00 for the visa includes handeling fees and fedEx to and from

Offline quikcad

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:35:33 pm »
Rick I'm also going in June. I'm also in KC. Maybe we'll be on the same flight.  :D