Author Topic: Work Visa (Z)  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Work Visa (Z)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 04:31:56 am »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='22288' dateline='1257651020'

Willy,
My Oz mate got his Z visa from HK last week, but I haven't run into him yet. As soon as I do I will post up his story. I do have the web site link to  The Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Minstry in HK, lots of useful info
http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/
 Paul

Thanks Paul,  I checked the site out and I would be interested in hearing your OZ friends result in view of this

Willy

NOTICE

(2008/04/13)

Visa applicants are increasing in a large number and need longer waiting

time in the visa office recently. If you don't reside or work in Hong Kong

permanently, you are required to apply Chinese visafrom the Embassy

or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in yourresident

country. You are welcome to China for tourism, business and visit .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:32:36 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 06:05:26 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='22294' dateline='1257655248'

on the other hand I just had to laugh between "Babyhoney" and "swallow"? Exactly what kind of job is this? Here's another that will give jobs, meloveulongtime.com

Doesn't sound like they have the finances to afford a good salaried teacher. Sounds like they want some kind of bargain?

That's whats been going through my mind Vince about the salary I mean:huh:

And I wonder when I see some of the names the ladies pick, wtf????...lol

Paul thanks mate for what you said.  I don't intend to panic
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='22300' dateline='1257663074'

First thing Rob is "DON"T PANIC"

There are lots of teaching positions over here and you are a valuable commodity! I know its comforting to have the whole thing laid out before you leave, but once you get over here you will see how in demand you are. Alarm bells rang for me when I read that they would pay to send you back to the uk and pay hotel costs!  Any serious offer includes a Z visa through Hong Kong, some schools will pay your travelling costs others won't. Everything in China is negotiable. Sounds like the agency in Qing dao is your best bet to start with and I would not discount " Swallow" either.I would follow these two up and see what opportunities they put your way. Remember you are in control here not them, if it looks dodgy or your not comfortable walk away. There really are lots of teachers required here so don't rush into taking the first job your offered. You have a base for a month set up in Qing dao so go from there. Any thing Ming Zhi and I can do to help, you've got it!

I have sent emails to Swallow for them to keep me in mind, and also to the email address that was sent to me.

Got your Pm thanks mate!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 06:07:27 am by Scottish_Rob »

Vince G

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2009, 09:11:32 am »
When looking into teaching in China a while back, even before CS Mike went. I found that ANYONE can teach english there. The amount paid and the package offers (Airfare, living quarters, etc) depended more on your education. A college grad with teaching experience got the best offer. The lower your education and experience the less the offer. Just like any other Chinese business you have to beware and keep the eyes open. Everything must be written out before so you know just what your getting into.

Airfare? Is not what it seems. When you read the fine print. Most of the schools will "Reimburse" for the flight there after you have established yourself. If you don't work for the whole contract (6 moths / 1 year?) No airfare home either.

You have read the good stories, read the bad and figure for something in the middle.

Paul Todd

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2009, 09:33:49 pm »
Hi Willy,

Yes , I noticed that too.  My Oz mate was only there for 6 days with his Chinese wife , so the waiting times for Z visa's don't seem too long. As for the others well, I just couldn't say. The guidelines they give on the site for processing times don't look too bad and haven't been updated, if that's anything to go by!  All the best to you

Paul

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:37 pm »
Thanks Paul

I am having to go back to the UK end of January so maybe I will go for a works visa there.

My lady's family run a manufacturing business and I am going to be listed as a contract agent and then they will provide the invitation letters so I can get the 12 months unlimited access visa.  

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 11:59:11 am »
i thought the schools secured the visa for you when they hired you??

Paul Todd

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 10:04:45 pm »
I posted this in another thread but I think it belongs here.

Dated: Nov 17, 2009

Hi, I am Feifei(Dara) from THATISCHINA, a professional China visa service company in Beijing and running for over seven years.

Our specific services as follows:
Working(Z) visa —— our specialty ?provided to one who is in Beijing now?
(there are two ways to get working visa:
Solution one: change L or F visa to Z visa directly without you leaving China
Solution two: apply for working invitation letter and need go to Hongkong or any other country to apply for two-month Z visa, and then return China to continue to do Z visa)
Our advantages on Z visa:
??If you have L visa or F visa, we can switch L or F visa to Z visa directly in Beijing; you don’t need to go out of China.

??If you have Z visa, we can also extend your Z visa directly in Beijing. However, on the condition that you have Z visa and without a working company, we can also do Z visa extension for you.

??If you don’t have BA degree, two-year working experience, less than 24 years old or even without a sponsor company, we could do Z visa for you.

??What’s more, if you are urgent, Fast-tract Z visa will be available for only few days.

??If you are holding Z visa, we could change Z to L visa directly

F visa extension for 3, 6 or 12 months and single, double or multiple entry.
Changing L visa to F visa for 3 or 6 months directly without you leaving China
Business invitation letter ( to apply for F visa in the oversea Chinese embassy),
Working invitation letter ( to apply for two month Z visa in the oversea Chinese embassy)
L visa extension for one month or three month
(it can be extended only for two times, each time only for one month)
Changing Z visa to L visa for only one month directly
Changing X visa to L visa for only one month directly
China job recommend ( most positions are full time or part time teachers)
Employment license, working permit, one-year residence permit

If you have any problem on visa, feel free to contact Feifei(Dara) any time. I shall try my best to offer my profession to you! Hope it will give some help on your visa!

Welcome to our office, if convenient for you!

Contact_Feifei (Dara)
http://www.thatischina.com
Mobile phone: 150 010 92565
MSN/Email: yuanfei621@hotmail.com
Add.: Room707-708, CYTS Plaza, No.5 Dongzhimen South Avenue, Dongcheng District, Beijing.

So to clear up a few points?-

Chinese tourist visas (L)
Easy to get hold of, you should be able to download the application form from an embassy very easily. These are available in 30, 60 and 90 day flavours, and the embassy will issue the one it thinks most appropriate for your stay.
Working on a tourist visa is illegal, and the PSB do take a dim view of it. As always, things are flexible, and it depends on the local branch and their relationship with your employer, but I wouldn't risk it. Beware of employers who ask you to come in on a tourist visa and say they will change it later - it's not always as easy as they make it sound. A trip to HK or Korea may be necessary, though hopefully avoidable.

Chinese business visas [F]
To get one of these, you usually require an official invitation from an authorised body. Business visas can be valid for up to 1 year, but you will need to convince the embassy you need to stay that long. These are easily available in Hong Kong for 6 months, multiple entry. Working on these is illegal again, but perhaps less so than a tourist visa. If you don't annoy the PSB (and your employer doesn't either) then you'll normally be ok.

Chinese work visas (Z)
This is the one you really want, unless you are opting to freelance on a business visa. Once you've found an employer (who is licensed to employ foreigners) they issue you with an invitation letter. This, and your passport, go to the Chinese embassy for a while, and when they come back your passport has a new stamp in it. Note, this stamp only permits you to stay in China for ONE month. This one month is when your employer should apply for your residence permit,which then takes precedence. Your residence permit will be valid for the length of your contract, up to a maximum of one year (longer periods are possible, but only for people the government wants to be best friends with). Theoretically, you should be able to travel with only your residence permit, but in reality everyone will ask to see your passport as well. A good rule for China is to take every document you have everywhere you go anytime you think you won't need it.

changing visas in China
This can be done, in certain circumstances. To go from a tourist visa to a business or work visa, you are going to need the assistance of your employer or an agency (see above). Agencies can be expensive, and you may need to hand over your passport for a week or more while they send it to a tame policeman in Jiangxi. Going from a work or business visa to a tourist visa should be easier, if you explain that you've finished your work and wish to do some travelling. Ideally though, get a longer residence permit and travel on that.

foreign expert's certificate
These are a relic from the days when being a foreign expert meant you were a foreign expert, not a 21-year-old chancing it as a TEFL teacher and writing home to his mum about how he's an expert at something. They are only useful for changing RMB into foreign currency at Banks of China (which is a hassle I won't go into). They used to get you discounts, but I don't know of any they get you now. I always hand mine over with my passport and residence permit when checking into hotels, and ask for a discount just after they nod approvingly at my status. It doesn't get me any discount I wouldn't have got anyway, I just like showing off.

visa problems
I know a number of people who've had visa problems for one reason or another. It seems that while the official fines are very hefty, remorse and contrition go a long way and these fines can be reduced substantially. I know of one case involving three people who'd taken longer than a month to get their residence permits (they were on work visas). They were taken down to the police station and given a bit of a lecture. The one girl who nodded politely and apologised walked away with no problem. The other two were argumentative, blamed the school, and were fined 1500Y each.

So to recap a Z visa is only valid for one month, and is the stamp you require in your passport to get your temporary residence permit.

As a side note:-
Visa for husbands of Chinese Nationals  
If your legal wife is a Chinese citizen or permanent resident, you have options. You can either keep your work "Z" visa, your student "X" visa or your business "F" visa and continue your life as usual.
Or you can apply for a special one-year multiple entry tourist "L" visa given specifically based on your marriage. This visa can be renewed at its expiration for an additional one year term for up to five years. After five renewals (i.e. five years), you can, in theory, be eligible for permanent residency or, if not, continue to renew your "L" visa supposedly for periods of validity of longer than one year.  This visa does not give you the right to work. If you want to take up paid employment then you still have to go down the route of obtaining a Z visa and then getting your temporary residents permit.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 01:39:54 am by Paul Todd »

David5o

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 08:12:31 am »
Looks to me that Fei Fei has a direct link to the immigration dept in Beijing!! ...lol!!
I'm pretty sure that some of these transactions will be completly above board, but some are definitely under the table.... No mention here of the (D) visa ....Residence visa ??

I wonder what other things FeiFei can acquire, via the legendary back door?? It maybe worth asking!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 08:51:03 am by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 09:06:45 am »
whats the cost involved in this??

Paul Todd

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 07:35:20 pm »
David,

My thoughts exactly ! I have already sent them an e-mail :icon_cheesygrin:

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2009, 07:44:01 pm »
There is another agent working out of Guangzhou.  I will try to get some details as that will be handy for you Ted if he is any Good.

Willy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 07:44:19 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

ttwjr32

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2009, 10:53:47 pm »
ok that would be great Willy