Author Topic: Work Visa (Z)  (Read 4906 times)

Scottish_Rob

Work Visa (Z)
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:22:40 am »
Hi guys

Well what can I say:blush:.  You will not know how STUPID I feel at this moment:huh:

As you know I applied for my visa to go to Qingdao for many reasons,some did not work out but still felt that I am going.  I will get a teaching position for sure, because I am quite intelligent (I think), and have got a lot of life experiences which will help.

Anyway, I received another offer which is in Handan and have decided that I am definately want to take this offer up:icon_biggrin:.

A problem arose that I did not know about.  I thought I had read everything apparently NOT:huh:

You NEED to apply for a (Z) work visa from YOUR own country (or Hong Kong).  This means that I will be going to china, go for the face to face interview while I'm there on vacation, then fly back to the UK (or HK) to apply for the work visa.  Once I get it I then have to FLY back to the place I will be taking the offer from...

So this is more expense:@
Work Visa
Hotel in London
Food
Transport in London
Flight back to China...

God I should have READ everything PROPERLY.:huh:

Not having a really good income at the moment, this may just be a step too far!!!  But I will let you know what happens:@

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
RE: Work Visa (Z)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:32:49 am »
Scotty , HongKong is only a hop,skip and a jump away , someone will set you right , it is mentioned in amongst the postings here , but also the school should help , by accepting you for the position , as you have to have letter from school to get the Z visa , regards Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

David5o

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:43 am »
Rob,

I think someones got something wrong here, the company you will be working with in China has to apply for your Z visa. It is they, who are initially sponsoring you. If you were going over to China as a freelance worker, then you might have to apply in your own country, but then it would be attached to your entry/residence visa. I remember when i first entered China, i came with just an entry visa in my passport, the company via there fixers got the work/residence visa.... and i didn't have to leave the country once for visa purposes!!

Rob, you will find that there are ways around everything in China, so don't let this worry you too much. Look at all the other so called teachers that have, or are getting teaching jobs in China, ...have you ever heard them talking about having to go home or leave the country to apply for a work visa ???  Nore me!! ...hahaha!!

David.....

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:34 am »
Rob your over thinking this way to much.What David is telling you is exactly how it works.Most peole go to China on a tourist visa.Then when they get a job.The school that they work for will get them the z visa.

Don't you remember Brian posting about this on his thread.He had a job offer.They wiuldn't get the visa for him.So he took a job at another school that did offer to get him a visa.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 10:12:26 am »
Maxx of course it's the same bloody school as Brian...

But I also spoke to the visa place here and they said the same...I hope there is a way through it.
I will talk to this school and tell them to get it or its a no show!!!

David I know your right mate...

David5o

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:53 am »
Rob,

Don't sweat it, i don't know what visa place your talking about here, but there telling you a load of crap!!
Go to China, and it will all get sorted out, don't stir up anything with this school just yet!!. It's not them telling you this crap about the visa is it ??.... If it is, maybe there trying to get you to pay the visa costs!!...

Anyway, no-matter what, there are so many schools collages and universities that are crying out for native speaking teachers you wont be waiting to find another position that suits you, ....thats for sure!!!

David.....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:32:52 pm by David5o »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 06:40:54 am »
I sent them an email telling them that I would go somewhere else because most places pay for it...

This morning I received a reply telling they WILL pay for it and WILL also PAY for flights back to the Uk and to them.  Included will be the cost of hotel for the time I need to be in London waiting for it. etc for me.;-)

shaun

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 07:32:52 am »
Rob,

I'm not reading your paperwork but it sounds like they were trying to see how far they could push you. Or maybe a simple misunderstanding.  Anyway now it is clarified.

Shaun

David5o

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 08:13:21 am »
Sounds to me as if they don't have the right connections in China to get it all sorted out there. As i told you before, i didn't need to leave the country to have my residence/work visa stamped in my passport. It was all done in house by the company local liaison officer (Fixer) In fact this guy did a lot of things for the company that would have been impossible to do by the companies normal office staff..... Nothing is impossible in China!! ...hahaha!!

David......

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 01:18:53 am »
Talking about UK visas.  Has any Brit on this forum ever been to Hong Kong and renewed a visa or applied for a working visa from there?

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Paul Todd

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 10:30:20 pm »
Willy,
My Oz mate got his Z visa from HK last week, but I haven't run into him yet. As soon as I do I will post up his story. I do have the web site link to  The Commissioner's Office of China's Foreign Minstry in HK, lots of useful info
http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/bgfwxx/
 Paul

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:21:28 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='22018' dateline='1257421254'

I sent them an email telling them that I would go somewhere else because most places pay for it...

This morning I received a reply telling they WILL pay for it and WILL also PAY for flights back to the Uk and to them.  Included will be the cost of hotel for the time I need to be in London waiting for it. etc for me.;-)

And this morning I get this email:huh:

Dear Robert:
I am sorry,now if you coming we don't have job for you,but after the school help you get Z visa maybe will cost three month later,there has one teacher will leave our school and you can instead of him if you want.But untill now I still can't make sure give you a job ,because last day the leader just tell us later can't agree emploee more foreign teachers,but if we don't have more teachers,our classes will less also,we are talking with him these days.So can't give you answer now.If you don't want to wait too long,in qing dao,I have a friend ,she's company is doing foreign teachers things,she can help you find a job very easy and help you get Z visa without go abroad.I can give her email to you,you can email her.I also give you email to her,so maybe she will email you.she's name is amanda babyhoney53421@hotmail.com    she is in qing dao,a nice place,if you don't want to stay in qing dao,she also can help you find the other place which you like.
sincerely
swallow

Vince G

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 11:40:48 pm »
On one hand I was sorry to hear this. But on the other hand I just had to laugh between "Babyhoney" and "swallow"? Exactly what kind of job is this? Here's another that will give jobs, meloveulongtime.com

Doesn't sound like they have the finances to afford a good salaried teacher. Sounds like they want some kind of bargain?

shaun

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 12:02:30 am »
Rob,

Man I am sorry to hear about this development. I really don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Shaun

Paul Todd

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 01:51:14 am »
First thing Rob is "DON"T PANIC"

There are lots of teaching positions over here and you are a valuable commodity! I know its comforting to have the whole thing laid out before you leave, but once you get over here you will see how in demand you are. Alarm bells rang for me when I read that they would pay to send you back to the uk and pay hotel costs!  Any serious offer includes a Z visa through Hong Kong, some schools will pay your travelling costs others won't. Everything in China is negotiable. Sounds like the agency in Qing dao is your best bet to start with and I would not discount " Swallow" either.I would follow these two up and see what opportunities they put your way. Remember you are in control here not them, if it looks dodgy or your not comfortable walk away. There really are lots of teachers required here so don't rush into taking the first job your offered. You have a base for a month set up in Qing dao so go from there. Any thing Ming Zhi and I can do to help, you've got it!