Author Topic: JUST FOR A LAUGH  (Read 278730 times)

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
Re: JUST FOR A LAUGH
« Reply #1125 on: June 24, 2012, 03:39:24 am »
Yes. It is a bit gross but that is not what is funny.  Go back and read the caption on the photo then have another look.  It is a tiny bit funny...
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #1126 on: June 24, 2012, 03:51:42 am »
Yes. It is a bit gross but that is not what is funny.  Go back and read the caption on the photo then have another look.  It is a tiny bit funny...

Yep, I did read the caption and THAT was funny

....as for the rest......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #1127 on: July 06, 2012, 01:11:52 am »
how to speak NZese
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #1128 on: July 06, 2012, 09:38:42 pm »

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #1129 on: July 08, 2012, 01:30:12 am »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #1130 on: July 08, 2012, 03:58:13 am »
Why shoot someone in the back when they are running away.? Or is the joke that it is just for Florida neighborhood nightwatch staff?

Willy
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:01:32 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #1131 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:18 am »
Why shoot someone in the back when they are running away.? Or is the joke that it is just for Florida neighborhood nightwatch staff?

Willy

The same reason I do not pick a tick of my dog and throw it on back on the ground! If a person is in my house without my permission or knowledge then they have forfeited all rights to their own personal safety. I doubt they are concerned with my family's safety and I could care less than a rat's ass for theirs. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. And I do not care what color the intruder is, I treat all intruders equally! :)

P.S. The picture was a joke , but my reply is serious!

• Board Moderator
« Reply #1132 on: July 08, 2012, 11:07:14 am »

Willy

The same reason I do not pick a tick of my dog and throw it on back on the ground! If a person is in my house without my permission or knowledge then they have forfeited all rights to their own personal safety. I doubt they are concerned with my family's safety and I could care less than a rat's ass for theirs. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. And I do not care what color the intruder is, I treat all intruders equally! :)

Ok my further answer is also serious.  If the intruder was leaving your property without causing any damage to any member of the household is it still ok  for him to be shot in the back?  In my time it was 'always make sure the hole goes in the front'.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #1133 on: July 08, 2012, 01:05:42 pm »

Willy

Ok my further answer is also serious.  If the intruder was leaving your property without causing any damage to any member of the household is it still ok  for him to be shot in the back?  In my time it was 'always make sure the hole goes in the front'.

Willy

Willy,
   To give you an honest answer, I honestly do not know what I would do in that situation.I guess it really depends on my mood that day, I guess I could attempt to detain them without any harm to them and offer to pay for 2-3 years of therapy for them so they do not feel the need to rob, murder, kidnap or rape other people. Do you think I should just make them a key also, so they will not have to break the window or jimmy the door next time, would that be the politically correct response to the scenario? If they were leaving I would have to assume they were armed also since I keep other guns at home so their fate is in their hands and their actions will determine my reaction. Either way if I see them and can stop them I will. The method I use depends on them!So I will not predict what actions may take place in that situation, it is just nice to know that ( unlike some countries) I can defend my property and family with having to resort to fisticuffs or waiting for some under-paid and over-worked law enforcement person to arrive ( most of the time too late). You really should read more news stories from America, most cities are having problems with home invasions with assaults, I understand you do not like guns and that is your choice! I was brought up around guns, received fire arms training in  the military and I enjoy target shooting. I followed the legal route by registering my guns and I also have a concealed weapons permit issues by the probate judge of the county I reside in. Guns rights will always be a part of American society regardless of what the politicians want!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #1134 on: July 08, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »

Willy

As Robertt said - and to add to it, it depends on the circumstances as well. I remember coming upstairs from watching a movie in my TV room, and having a stranger sitting on my sofa in the dark in the living room. We make a habit of keeping the front door locked, but someone must have forgotten to lock it. This stranger was a bit drunk and had mistakenly wandered into our house from next door. His demeanor and my alertness told me no danger, even though I was shocked at the time.

But if it is the wee hours of the morning and I have just been stirred from slumber, how the heck can I know what damage or violence the intruder did on my property before bravely running away? So it does depend on circumstances wether there be one angry shot. On a side note, I remember the antics of us youth come fall time raiding the neighbours gardens for some carrots and peas before splitting over the fence. I would hate to think that I could have risked being peppered in my behind with buckshot.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #1135 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:23 pm »
Can I join this dance?

Willy, you're on the assumption that someone will break in see someone there and run away? Maybe there is a 1% chance of that, but experience (from the news and word of mouth) 99% of the time they come in shooting, pistol whipping and at best have you tied up as they rampage through your things. It's a daily event down here in south Florida. Given time to get a plan if needed I know what I would do.

Living in a home that was broken into a half dozen times and also set on fire I know where they (think) they are coming in at. By the way most break ins are during the day.

So, having a weapon at each point of the home within reach no matter which room I'm in. First if they attempt a break in and ignore the alarm and proceed? They will be carried out. But just one shotgun and I'm not looking to shoot anyone but if I have to? If they come in and run away... they are free.

Offline shaun

« Reply #1136 on: July 08, 2012, 09:17:00 pm »
There is a saying.  "Kill them all and let God sort them out."  ;D

• Board Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:22 pm »
You are all missing my point. 

I am not saying that you should not have protection in your own home.  You should have whatever means available to you to protect yourself and your kin.   In some countries where standards on life are very low, and I place the USA into that category, then you have to go these lengths for protection.

If someone broke into my house house and was violating a family member I would kill that person without question.  And the law will allow that.

My observation was based on the item, either an advert or what I do not know but it says ' If you cannot run at 850 feet per second your ass better be bullet proof' which implies to me that if anyone is running AWAY from you then shoot them.

This is the sort of attitude that gives the USA a bad name.  It goes alongside all those politicians that are clamouring for the Wlkileaks man to be tried for treason and executed when all he has done is embarras the US Government.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline maxx

« Reply #1138 on: July 08, 2012, 11:39:54 pm »
Willy it is a attempt at humor.And a warning to thoose who would in crouch on somebody elses property.

U.S.A poor standerd of living? your gonna have to explain that one to me.And explain to me how you come to this conclusion.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #1139 on: July 08, 2012, 11:53:11 pm »
Willy...

Are you sure someone isn't putting something in your tea ???....you are digging a lot of big holes lately...maybe it's just an age thing ??....or are you being mischevious again  ;D ;D ;D

I would make one small point....

If somebody half-crazed on drugs, with a knife or a gun, and is attacking somebody in your family...how the heck do you plan to kill them...with your bare hands, or the yard brush....you wouldn't even get close before you too became a victim.

That the Law allows you to kill them is right and proper......how you can manage it is yet another story.

Give me 2300 ft/sec from a 0.223 and I dont care whether they are running towards me or away....they wont ever do it again !!!!