Author Topic: JUST FOR A LAUGH  (Read 278745 times)

Offline fivetrout

Re: JUST FOR A LAUGH
« Reply #1440 on: July 04, 2014, 01:15:40 am »
If Shaun's list is taken from the Canadian perspective...I'm sure they laugh at us! But for us that live with these truths...................................................................................

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #1441 on: July 04, 2014, 02:24:38 am »
I have just returned back from the 'Trip From Hell' and whilst I was away it was only Shaun's post that stopped me from throwing myself into nearest river.

Humour does not have to be a hit in the face with a custard pie for it to appeal to oldies like me.  As David said a little gallows humour goes a long way to save insanity.

Willy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:27:14 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #1442 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:25 am »
I have just returned back from the 'Trip From Hell' and

Well at least your  back Willy. By the way, did you see Audie Murphy whilst there?

With Shaun's post, what I see as both Ironic & slightly humours, since I believe true humour has a jest of truth to it, is we have a noted non-religious defending a noted religious person.

Being a Canadian, I do feel taken back by the top "This is Canada's Top Ten List of America's Stupidity" Since as David E said, I see many of the noted  situations belonging to many democracies, not just the USA. In turn, I think it was most likely an American coming up with the topic and its naming. I do think comment #10 is humours, while comment #1 totally wrong (as it is people of influence & hidden agenda that raise this issue to muster the masses for votes).
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #1443 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:39 pm »
Thanks to those who saw my post the way I did.  True but humorous especially #10.  #8 is sad but it tickled me because only in America. I did think #6 did hit kind of close to home for me.

It appears that I annoyed someone by the other posts I read.  It is his issue and his alone.  I learned a long time ago that some people just annoy other people but they can't get past their annoyance.

Me, I had a simple way of getting past my annoyance with JohnB.  I blocked seeing his posts.  So he just doesn't irritate me any more.  Now the irritation isn't his issue it is mine. I take full responsibility for my feelings and don't feel the need to comment about his posts. I am making an exception this one time even though I don't know what he wrote.  I don't see what he writes I don't want to know what he writes.  Fortunately this site gives me a way to resolve it.  Thank you Martin.

This will be my last post regarding this matter.  I've got more important things to think about.

Offline JohnB

• the less traveled road has made all the difference
« Reply #1444 on: July 04, 2014, 02:46:51 pm »
“I calls ’em like I sees ’em”
I am thinking, as the thread mod' , a little humor is so innocuous, what can go wrong? Seems as if this thread went a
bit wayward. Humorlessly. Then again, it is enlightening to see friends rallying for friends when in need. So be it. Wherever. Whenever.

But the thing is, when the smoke & fire die down, this thread is still titled “Just For A laugh”. As a point of argument, if a 'joke' were to
be presented to a, lets say, a comedy theatre, comedy night, wherever, would Shaun's joke be considered funny? That would be a
stretch of one's imagination. I mean even here, that post is dissected, sliced & diced a few times, as a matter for discussion...a long
reach. I did not see the laughter.
Please note that I did not censer, modify, delete Shaun's post.   
The membership can be the judge & jury of all things posted. I stay religiously within the realm of what is expected of me as the thread
mod. I did not get personal. I addressed Shaun's post appropriately. 
Besides, as a frequent visitor and a near neighbor to Canada, the obvious #1 stupidity is  American beer. Always was. Always will be.
I think Canadian fathers must tell their growing son's about the dangers of life, the #1 being the shitty Budweiser brands of weak
sipped beers.

In regards to DavidE's  “shot across my bow” statement of “moralization”...”unwarranted censorship”, that in itself was a good laugh!
Lets say, as the thread mod, that I “generalized” Shaun's un- funny post within the site's behavioral guidelines.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 02:48:43 pm by JohnB »

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #1445 on: July 04, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »
What did you say? Did you mean that? well that pisses me off. How dare you.

Did you hear that? picking on me again!
OK, Shall we shoot them? Yes, that will teach them.

Why are we talking, complaining and grumbling about something, THIS trivial?

Maybe it is boredom or maybe it's because I care. But I come here several times every day looking for something interesting or helpful or to see if I can offer some help to someone. The board has been dead for a week and finally the silence is broken..... by this steaming pile of shit. This has gone on for months and we cant figure out why we cant attract new members.  Duh!

I haven't read Shaun post.   not going to! But I am sure a post in "Just for a laugh" does not warrant 10 responses. None of which were funny.

I don't like it here, don't like it here at all.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline JohnB

« Reply #1446 on: July 04, 2014, 08:02:46 pm »
Gerri, you are correct,
seems that any response to the joke thread is one too many. since I took the bait with the 1st response, then
I was complicit in generating a pissing contest.
so my apologies to all, 'that joke' of Shauns is on me.
maybe we should keep the fireworks safe & sane.
everyone, enjoy your day!

& that includes you too, Shaun, although you will not be able to read my good greeting to you & all the others.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #1447 on: July 04, 2014, 08:11:02 pm »
Sorry you feel that way Pineau, but that's the state of play just now. It seems that nobody is diving off to China to begin the process, so we dont get asked for info.....Anyway, the answers to most questions are already in our data base, maybe newbies are searching and finding what they want from all of our combined efforts over many years.

The specific issues seem to be restricted to a few of us who are having some difficulties along the way (ref. Little Emperors !!!!!!!) and these get sufficient attention from those who believe they can help.

I notice we average about 30 + visitors each day and we know there are about 6 to 8 "regular old hands" who are frequently part of that 30 +, so either the silent ones visit and leave in disgust, or visit and learn, or visit, check the data base and go away happy....I dont know which, but it would be interesting to find out....how to do this I dont quite know, maybe somebody has some ideas.

I cant remember when a question/issue was posed that there were zero responses, so folks are still keen to participate when needed.

Whether or not the answer lies within the parameter that seeking and concluding ba foreign marriage has got to be a rarity in the current economic climate is moot....I dont have data on that either. But I do know that Australia for one is getting VERY selective over the granting of ANY visas....like most Western Countries there is a Political flavour at the moment that seeks to restrict migrant intake. Again, whether or not, this is actually deterring many people from beginning the process I dont know.

Maybe it is important for Future Direction to get some understanding as to why things are quiet...I dont think it is a simple answer such as you posit over the Humour Thread issue.

It would be good to hear an opinion from any person reading the Forum who is contemplating the quest for a Foreign Bride and get some idea as to what exactly is happening in the real World.

My 2 cents worth.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #1448 on: July 04, 2014, 08:30:59 pm »
Maybe the powers that be may consider making this latest post from David E into a new thread somewhere else.

I am sure that it is something we can get our teeth into.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
« Reply #1449 on: July 04, 2014, 09:15:10 pm »
Willy, you are right about David E's post needs to be a thread of it's own. I think the global economy is largely to blame for fewer people contemplating a foreign relationship/marriage. Most of us here know just how expensive of an undertaking dating and marrying abroad can be and that can be a large barrier to many men in today's economic conditions. Many people are still seeking full-time employment that actually allows them to afford or at least save the money for such expenditures. As far as limiting visas most countries with common sense will limit visas and enforce current immigration laws so that they can continue to take care of their own citizens. I can move David E's post and start a new thread or he can start a new thread himself.

Robertt

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #1450 on: July 06, 2014, 04:19:39 pm »
   My Plan to Stimulate the US Economy   (stolen from Facebook)

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic Stimulus' payment.
 This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?
 A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q.Where will the government get this money ?
 A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?
 A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?
 A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a;high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
 A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. Economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will ;go to China or Sri Lanka ...

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to theArabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or ;China ...

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala ...
 * If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .
 * If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan .
 * If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go ;to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or
 2) Going to ball games, or
 3) Spending it on prostitutes, or
 4) Beer or
 5) Tattoos.
 (These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )
 Conclusion:
 Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard ;sale and drink beer all day !

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could  suggest a way of stimulating the USA  economy.

Offline maxx

« Reply #1451 on: July 06, 2014, 08:45:55 pm »
Robert you forgot one. You can send your money to www.captainandysusedbooks.com.All of my books are American made. Written by American writers published in America. I don't know about the ink or the paper. It maybe made somewhere else I'm not sure.

So remember buy American www.captainandysusedbooks.com

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
« Reply #1452 on: July 06, 2014, 11:13:22 pm »
Well my wife is certainly doing her part to stimulate the American economy! She gets downright indignant when we are shopping at a supposedly American store for some American made items for her family back in China, only to discover upon examination of the labels that the items are either made in China, Indonesia, or Vietnam. :o She stares at me like I am the one who out-sourced all the textile industries to Asia. :-\

Offline JohnB

« Reply #1453 on: July 07, 2014, 04:08:05 pm »
Su Wong marries Lee Wong. The next year, the Wongs have a new baby.
The nurse brings over a lovely, healthy, bouncy, but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents. 'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'
The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, 'Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him...

Sum Ting Wong

Offline JohnB

« Reply #1454 on: July 07, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »
Babysitter
I just found an old picture of me and my babysitter..
I thought I'd share it with you.

(place your cursor on the pic, and key. comes alive)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 04:30:59 pm by JohnB »