Author Topic: Re: Sending presents to your lady in China  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
Re: Sending presents to your lady in China
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:42:18 am »
I've sent three separate packages so far to my lady. Most of the pictures of these gifts are on my Facebook if you'd like to have a look.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... =712865715
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Sending presents to your lady in China
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 08:42:42 am »
I'd like to get a list of companies that people have used to send things successfully to their lady in China.

I'll get the ball rolling :-

I've ordered roses and chocolate from http://www.chinaroses.com
I also ordered fancy chocolate from http://www.zchocolat.com/ which is expensive but good quality, one for special occasions I think.

If anyone else has links of companies they have used please reply. I'd like to move this to the "useful link" forum once we have a good list made up.

Thanks,

Ronan.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:56:21 pm by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:12:20 pm »
Hey Ronan, I too have used chinaroses and they were great.  I got pictures of the roses I sent my lady for Christmas.  They really needed a wide angle lens to get her whole smile in the frame... she was very happy.

It seems many of these beautiful women have not had flowers and other gifts from their love interest.  I guess in the west we just take it as an every day thing.  Maybe a little gift will go a long way toward showing her how much you value her love.

Offline Chad

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 11:59:00 pm »
I sent two letters to Beihai last year and they took almost three weeks to get there. Last month I send a package to Chengdu and it weighed about 6 pounds and cost $60 to mail it but it was there in four days. One would think it should be the other way around. So even if I have a letter to send I will be sending it inside a box.

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 06:18:35 am »
Hey thanks for the Chinaroses link.  I see that they have a photo return service... How cool is that!  Getting some nice photographs of your lady receiving the flowers you sent her would be priceless! :D

Offline Hajo

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 03:23:20 pm »
I have used http://www.lebkuchen-schmidt.com/. They have German Gingerbread specialties and som other sweets. I have ordered once until now. It hasn't arrived yet. It takes up to 19 days the state in their delivery papers. Shipping for 5kg (inclusive package material) costs 37 euro.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Carl

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »
I sent flowers from http://www.chinaflowernet.com - they seemed to have a nice selection.

Offline Andrew Vint

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 01:05:47 pm »
I have used both the Chnlove service and Chinaroses. I like chinaroses because of the pictures that were taken. My girlfriend had such a big smile in them and of course did the Asian pose haha.

Chet Sams

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 04:25:40 pm »
Well Chinaroses gave me a nasty taste in my mouth. Chinaflowernet came flawless.

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:38 pm »
I remember one time that Arnold gave an answer to sending roses to the ladies, and for the life of me I cant find his answer again its about sending a dozen roses and that she is supposed to keep 11 and give one to someone, her mother or whoever, but was wondering, if the mother has passed does she keep the whole dozen or does she pass that one on to say her older sister or to a best friend. I checked way back in the ChnLove Forum and also the FB and cant find what he wrote, so just had to ask again, so that this time I can remember. Hate to hear what Chong will make of this...LOL
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline dude

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 07:42:10 am »
Quote from: "David"
Hey thanks for the Chinaroses link.  I see that they have a photo return service... How cool is that!  Getting some nice photographs of your lady receiving the flowers you sent her would be priceless! :D
Yanfang showed me the roses I sent her through QQ vidcam...the price is much cheaper than paying for pictures...just a thought!

Offline David

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 04:52:00 pm »
Quote from: "abigbutt"
Quote from: "David"
Yanfang showed me the roses I sent her through QQ vidcam...the price is much cheaper than paying for pictures...just a thought!

Well I sent a nice vase with roses and babies breath to celebrate the weekend we both decided we are falling in love.  That was on
a Saturday.  Then on Sunday we both agreed to be exclusive and would not write to anyone but each other.  The pictures of her
receiving those roses are priceless!  We have not tried anything else yet using email or web cams since she does work long hours
and a long week and does not own her own computer.  I think next we will try a phone call using the translator from her agency! :D

Big Dave

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 07:50:43 pm »
David , so you decided you were in Love on Qing / Ming Festival Day ? That certainly is one day everybody will remember . Hehehe
Heck , why not ? There are after all 364 day's in the year to do that . You don't want to count New Year's day to that list , because , most likely one is too drunk to make that kind of decission on that day , right? Happy for you , David . Let me see that BIG smile .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 12:18:18 pm »
Chinaroses was the one I sent my flowers through, however, I have further sent stuff through Royal mail and having it insured and has been delivered....

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 01:50:30 pm »
Quote from: "Scottish_Rob"
Chinaroses was the one I sent my flowers through, however, I have further sent stuff through Royal mail and having it insured and has been delivered....
Rob how did that cost you?, i want to send something that's about a kilo in weight and I imagine costs from the UK and Ireland should be comparable.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.